@WilliamG, jojo33 beat me to it:

2 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

...many stones or mud was seated between the tire and the rim

the rim ( jante ?) was dirty just a little, with dried mud...

If you've got lowish pressure in your mini' tyres, then it could be some stones stuck between the rim and tyres sidewall. You could try to deflate the tyre, clean around the rims and inflate again to ~36PSI (2,5 bar)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

Those kits are very good thing to have at home. Gets the job done and is relaible. I was just about to suggest you the similar solution after seeing your last edit.

11 hours ago, Vik's said:

Those kits are very good thing to have at home. Gets the job done and is relaible. I was just about to suggest you the similar solution after seeing your last edit.

Great, thank you. Will be heading out shortly to pick it up. Just disappointed the tire lasted barely 100 miles. :(

Got the kit, and did the repair! It was easy to poke a larger hole in the wheel, but getting the rubber sticky thing into the wheel took a good deal of pressure. I recommend inflating the tire to around 20-25 PSI before pushing into the tire with the rubber patch. 

It's done, and I tested it with soapy water and it's not leaking yet. Will wait till it's fully cured to ride it, but so far so good...

Thank you, all, for the suggestions. Hopefully this solves the issue... till the next puncture. :D

• Upvote 1

I have my first slow leak - very hard to see but put a wet finger on it and you can feel the air coming out.  Slime tomorrow!

Update - done and it wasn't too hard, apart from the green stuff leaking / spilling a bit.  Don't do it on the lounge carpet!

Edited by Ozpeter

Hmm.  The slow leak is still slow leaking (if I wet the spot where I can see a slight mark, it bubbles).  If this stuff can't fix such a small leak, I doubt its ability to fix anything more significant.  Meanwhile I've left the wheel rotated so the leak is at the bottom, which presumably will encourage the fluid to seal it.  Maybe I need to use more (I put in about 125ml, which seemed to be the recommendation).

5 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Hmm.  The slow leak is still slow leaking (if I wet the spot where I can see a slight mark, it bubbles).  If this stuff can't fix such a small leak, I doubt its ability to fix anything more significant.  Meanwhile I've left the wheel rotated so the leak is at the bottom, which presumably will encourage the fluid to seal it.  Maybe I need to use more (I put in about 125ml, which seemed to be the recommendation).

Segway told me not to use stuff like that, but to use the other method (the rubbery thing you insert into the wheel). 

Just an FYI. 

Hopefully then I've not ruined both tires!  It's weird that even if I turn the wheel so that the tiny hole is at the bottom, air comes out but not the green stuff (at least when last I checked).  It is a very slow leak, but still not ideal in a device where tire pressure is pretty important.

3 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Hopefully then I've not ruined both tires!  It's weird that even if I turn the wheel so that the tiny hole is at the bottom, air comes out but not the green stuff (at least when last I checked).  It is a very slow leak, but still not ideal in a device where tire pressure is pretty important.

Just give it another go - can't do more harm than it is now anyway. Did you ride it for ca. 10 min. after filling the goo? It have to be evenly distributed inside the tire to work

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Bacana said:

Cheers,

I have to replace a original mini pro tire, punctured by a nail. Would you fellows suggest anything I could do to keep riding while waiting for the new tire be delivered?

thanks in advance ?

Have you considered to "plug" it? Give a try? Doesn't cost you many bucks but can be a lifesaver.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XtremeAuto®-TYRE-PUNCTURE-REPAIR-STRIPS/dp/B004JFZGRO

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bacana said:

As a matter of fact I've ordered a similar item from Amazon: tooluxe 50002l universal tire repair kit. It will take 2 weeks to be delivered and I would love keep ridding in this while. 

Thanks for the tip ?

Two weeks? :o I am sure you can find those kits at nearly every car or MC parts store.

• 1 month later...
On September 7, 2016 at 6:02 PM, WilliamG said:

Small cut on the face of the tire. After riding in the rain I could see it bubbling, and put my ear to it and could hear the hissing. :(:(

I used a product I saw at a fair that so far seems to have successfully sealed the tiny tire leak I had.  Specifically I cleaned the area on the tire where the leak was (using a cleaner I bought called The Last Clean) and then applied a glue (The Last Glue) sparingly over the spot, setting it in place and hardening it with its catalyst (The Last Fill) that came with the kit.  Then I filed the area gently so it was level with the tire. All from the outside, all while keeping the tire on the unit.  I let the tire deflate before doing the cleaning and then I reinflated it after the repair.  Easy peasy.  Do a web search on those product names if you're interested.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2016 at 1:02 AM, Solar_Segway_Mini_Pro said:

i found this video about mounting small diameter tires

That's a great technique to know about. Thank you!

Interestingly, my hand truck has two-piece hubs. Several bolts hold the front and back together, so I can just remove the bolts and lift away half of the hub, making tire replacement (or tube replacement) extremely easy. I can put the tube/tire in place, then bolt the hub together. Until seeing this video, I thought all hand trucks had two-piece hubs. In the jpg below you can see the bolts.

HandTruckWheel.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux

On November 8, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Bacana said:

I have to replace a original mini pro tire, punctured by a nail. Would you fellows suggest anything I could do to keep riding while waiting for the new tire be delivered?

thanks in advance ?

Sorry my replies were late -- I was web searching on tire issues and found this forum.  That Last Glue product is pretty amazing as an anaerobic glue.  My tire leak was actually INSIDE one of the little tire tread recesses.  I saw a video of its sealing a cut pipe and holding 100psi and figured a rubber tire at up to 50psi would be no problem. It bonds/"welds" in one second when deprived of air.  Awesome. (I'm including before and after pictures (if this works -- first time trying) of the leak site.)  The repair appears white (and the product says it can be filed and painted).

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, mihaib32nfs said:

What glue it is?

It's called The Last Glue (as in "the last glue" you'll ever need).  Here is the website:  https://thelastglue.com/

I think they go to fairs and trade shows too.  The guy ("gluru") I called was very helpful.  When I did the repair on my deflated tire, I let the cleaner totally dry and evaporate before applying the glue.  I wore latex/Nitril gloves but the glue isn't as bad on skin as superglue or krazy glue would be.  There are plenty of videos on their  website and YouTube.  Plus you have a glue that can fix just about anything else from wooden chairs to PVC to ceramics, etc.  I keep mine in a bag in my refrigerator.