Hi, anybody successful replacing a tire on a MiniPro ?

While it was quite easy, without unmounting the wheel, with a silicon spray and 2 tire levers to get the old tire off, I have no chance to apply the new tire whatever I try.

The outer part just doesn't go in.

Maybe I do something wrong.

ok, done - with a lot of silicon and a lot of force it worked at the end. Took me nearly an hour, looks like I'm not used to do REAL work. :-)

Since tire is successfully replaced, my arsenal is complete again:   :-)

KingsongNinebot.jpg

Edited by HermanTheGerman
  • Upvote 1

Just to show what the problem was with mine:

First the tire slowly lost pressure as it would have been punctured, so I thought it must have been something like that.

But, on the last ride, suddenly a bladder popped out in a length of approximately 5 cm, in the area I have marked on the picture.

So to me it looks like as if the tire had a production problem, because I hope it lasts longer than 1000 km (I have now 960 km on the MiniPro).

NinebotTire.jpg

10 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

....a length of approximately 5 cm, in the area I have marked on the picture.

So to me it looks like as if the tire had a production problem, because I hope it lasts longer than 1000 km (I have now 960 km on the MiniPro).

Or the tires are very thin (they are...)

What pressure have you got in your tires?

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

ok, done - with a lot of silicon and a lot of force it worked at the end. Took me nearly an hour, looks like I'm not used to do REAL work. :-)

Since tire is successfully replaced, my arsenal is complete again:   :-)

KingsongNinebot.jpg

how much was the tire/tube.. and where u get it?

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

Or the tires are very thin (they are...)

What pressure have you got in your tires?

I always use 3 bar or a little bit less, that's between 41 and 44 psi.  Hmm, maybe it's really because the tire becomes to thin after 1000 km, but I don't know. I'll watch the 2nd one.

But I believe the damaged one had some production problem, because when it occured first, it was around 650 km, and the 2nd one is still fine.

6 hours ago, Synap said:

how much was the tire/tube.. and where u get it?

Here in Austria around 34€, I bought it at http://www.funshop.at/

• Upvote 1

has anyone replaced the tires with the tires that are made of foam rubber which don't require being filled with air? (not solid heavy rubber). but rubber impregnating wit many small air cell pockets. like Bell NoMorFlats innertubes https://www.amazon.com/Bell-SOLID-NoMorFlat-Bicycle-1-75-1-95/dp/B00005BTJB/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Edited by Synap

Hello guys! 

I got my right tyre hit for two times (both times i ride over a glass shards) and a holes was 1-1,5 cm long, so i use this type of tubeless tyre repair kit (car-tyre-repair-a-puncture-repair-kit-to)

and it works like a charm 

You do not need to get tyre off, and a whole process took about 5 minutes. I was able pump my tyre and to ride away immediately after it.

I pump my tyres for 45-50psi

i hope this helps )

IMG_4098.JPG

• Upvote 3

On 17/08/2016 at 2:50 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

Juste pour montrer quel était le problème avec le mien:

Tout d'abord le pneu lentement perdu la pression car il aurait été perforé, donc je pensais que ce devait être quelque chose comme ça.

Mais, au dernier tour, tout à coup une vessie surgit dans une longueur d'environ 5 cm, dans la région que j'ai marqué sur l'image.

Donc, pour moi, ça ressemble comme si le pneu avait un problème de production, parce que je l'espère dure plus de 1000 km (j'ai maintenant 960 km sur la MiniPro).

NinebotTire.jpg

Hello Friends

This picture is interesting because i think i have the same appearance

im just back from gas station where i reinflate my tires

just after reinflate tires (3.1bars) , i restore factory setting (it's my logic) 

well the return at home 4 km, was very good

on the steps of my house, when i arrive, usually I let the mini at the door, and is running away back 

after pressure, at the same place it's really motionless

but i think next 10/20 kilometers, at new, this motionless will be vanished....

i will buy at new liquid silicone (like those using for mountain bike tubuless tires), i did it last june, i think i need do it again

http://www.zefal.com/fr/preventifs/164-z-sealant.html

On 8/12/2016 at 8:30 PM, Synap said:

i wish that guy would do a full demo of a tire removal and placement on the mini.. in mean time.. i found this video about mounting small diameter tires. 

I don't have c-clamps but I found the video informative. thumbs up for you and i thumbs up the youtube video itself too. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a video on YT this week on mini tire replacement they used big car metal tire irons, I have plastic bike version but I don't know if they will work, a lot of pressure was needed to slide wire bead over! And they did break the bead with a C clamp... but just like above, regular car tire repair kits to fix and green goo for the tiny air leaks are a must... 

My tires are fine when riding and checked after long rides. But my left tire now keeps deflating to 19psi when left a day or two unused! What is going on? :(

*EDIT*

Small cut on the face of the tire. After riding in the rain I could see it bubbling, and put my ear to it and could hear the hissing. :(:(

Edited by WilliamG

48 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

My tires are fine when riding and checked after long rides. But my left tire now keeps deflating to 19psi when left a day or two unused! What is going on? :(

well

i had this problem last june with the right tire

i dont remember where i post it 

my opinion/suggest

i thought it was flat , i search where was the puncture: no puncture

i open the tire , look inside if many stones or mud was seated between the tire and the rim

the rim ( jante ?) was dirty just a little, with dried mud

i clean all the rim , i replace the tire on the rim, i need inflate a lot for this "join" to the rim ("pops pops!! sounds inflating repositional tire on rim ")

after i introduce silicone zefal for tubuless tire

now it's ok since june, just need inflate last weeks the 2 tire because loosing pression after 2 month riding

• Upvote 1