Inmotion V3 & V5 Protective Covers

Jason McNeil

The protective covers just arrived yesterday: quality, as you would expect from Inmotion is exceptionally good, these also provide additional padding support for the legs. For the V5 covers there are clips that attach underneath the front & rear of the shell; it's a snug fit, can't imagine it getting loose or falling off under even without these things hooks secured. 

The one obvious downside is that they obscure the cool front & rear red/blue lighting effects.  

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjVFVuRUE5d

Cover on the left is for the V3; different use of materials on the inside, there's also a zipper compartment on the V5's for which to attached lighting or other accessories.

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjM19FdF9tM

I love how Inmotion are so attentive to those small details: on the sides, the form of each Wheel is printed on in outline.

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjSldwdDNZR

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjcmpwRmMxT

Available to purchase from www.ewheels.com/shop & www.wheelgo.com/shop

Edit: for the Argos eyes of HEC catch all ;) 

@Jason McNeil any chance that the V3 cover would fit on KS-16? :ph34r: I wouldn't mid a bit of "cross-promotion" if it will (and I doubt KS would mind or even care at all)  ... What is the inner layer material of / like? From the picture it seems like those neoprenne-ish pouches for laptops or tablets.

@Jason McNeilAwesome product!!  I need to order one! Black is so hard to take care of! 

Here is what I did to protect my V5F+ shell and pedals. It is auto molding from Cowles Products. I purchased form autohardwareservice.com 

Great product and it blends right into the shell. It comes off easy without a bunch of sticky residue.

3/8" half round wheel well molding black 20'Kit

1/4" red color molding 30'kit

IMG_3580gif.gif

3 hours ago, HEC said:

any chance that the V3 cover would fit on KS-16?

Alas, not compatible.

3 hours ago, HEC said:

What is the inner layer material of / like?

It's super light, maybe 200g, neoprene would be too heavy. A light foam interior covered by thick polyester.  

@Jason McNeil @HunkaHunkaBurningLove

@steve454

Thank you for the kind comments! I had a minor dump last practicing sharp turns. Nothing major, small scratch,  but it was like getting a dent in your new car. The protective molding came today. Took about 30 minutes. It should protect the shells due to the high profile  

Hunka...the wheel is awesome but I will still keep riding the NB1 as well as it is a pleasure to ride! 

The V5F+  is very responsive and that is what took me by surprise at first.  Interestingly my slight tip over occurred after putting many hours on the machine. I had a bad day last week and went out into the parking lot with a misguided mindset that I was going for a ride on the NB1. Just subliminal habit after months of routine. Also never ride when you are pissed off!  I just jumped on turned quickly and headed straight for a fence. I felt like a EUC neophyte.  

Now it is a pleasure to ride. No more hitting the pedals on the ground making tight 360s. Working on going backwards now. Thin wheel so it may be awhile. I have not went on an off road trip with it yet but the parking lot I use has lots of bumps and it goes over smoothly. Certainly the NB1 16" wheel is smoother on bumps just like an 18" would be better yet.  I need to get some video. Here is my NB1 during a beautiful park ride last Sunday hitting lots of bumps. I expect the same smooth ride from the V5F+ this weekend.

@Jason McNeil forgot to ask...is there a way to restore sounds? I was playing around and tried to record a new' shut off sound'. My recording failed and now the default sound has been deleted. You may have answered in another topic. Sorry!

Update: I found it:

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Here is what I did to protect my V5F+ shell and pedals. It is auto molding from Cowles Products. I purchased form autohardwareservice.com 

I was trying to get hold of the clear version from Cowles (https://www.amazon.com/Cowels-Protective-Adhesive-Flexible-Automotive/dp/B00WT63M9Y/) which @HunkaHunkaBurningLove mentioned on another thread but there seems to be no chance to get hold of those in Europe for an affordable price. Maybe @Jason McNeil can expand his webshop by boht black and clear versions?

12 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That was @Rehab1 actually that mentioned the clear version.  I used the @SuperSport recommended carbon fibre look version.

Sorry - my bad - was too lazy to look up the original thread but as you've appeared there as well your nick somehow popped first in my head ;) My apologies to @Rehab1 for "mis-crediting" him.

When I ordered th V5F+, I got the protection cover from france two days before I got the wheel and thought: if the wheel is made of the same quality like the case was made, it wil be awesome. And: I wasn´t disappointed while unboxing. The rear hook can´t be installed when the handle bar is installed. Nevertheless the cover stays in position! For transportation you can put the pedals into the cover as well! So it is protected in the trunk..

53 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Try this http://cowlesproducts.com/oldcontent/wp/protektotrim/fender-trim/

i believe they may ship internationally. They have the clear as well.

I've went to their page the day you posted about it but can't find way to purchase the clear one http://cowlesproducts.com/oldcontent/wp/cowles-custom/cowles-custom-clear-protective-molding/

I'll probably purchase it from Amazon having it shipped somewhere in US and forwarded here ...

22 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Here is my NB1 during a beautiful park ride last Sunday hitting lots of bumps. I expect the same smooth ride from the V5F+ this weekend.

@Rehab1 nice park, mmm shade:).  You were going pretty fast it looked like.

@HEC sorry about that. I just checked the 2 additional rolls of Clear I received from Amazon and they appeared to have been on the shelf for some time. The plastic adhesive covering strip is wavy ( not stuck completely to the adhesive). I just finished applying a piece of the clear molding to my Nb1 Flame to check the adhesive integrity. When I compared the transparency to the clear molding sections featured in the previous photos shown a few weeks ago there is a difference. It is like the exposed adhesive regions that were not covered entirely by protective strip is not bonding properly and detracting from the crystal clear appearance. After further research Amazon had another company selling the same product. There may be a shelf life or simply the company did not store the material properly. Unfortunately there is no way of telling the age. I have 2 rolls I am now sending back.

The protective molding I applied on the V5F + was definitely a new product as the protective adhesive strip was sound.

i just found this on EBay. Looks like they offer international shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Cowles-Custom-Protective-Clear-Adhesive-Backed-Trim-3-8-16-ft-S35010-/391195081685?hash=item5b150b3bd5:g:AecAAOSw-vlVnXvD&vxp=mtr

@steve454 Many thanks! I like that it does not distract from the appearance and it can be changed out without a bunch of gooey residue. 

The video make it look like I am going really  fast because the camera is low to the ground. About 14 mph  (Texas speed ?) 

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

i just found this on EBay. Looks like they offer international shipping

I've found that one before as well but the price and shipping cost plus taxes will make it five or six times more expensive. Thanks for the info. Looks like one needs to be carefull when purchasinf stuff like that. You'd probbaly not notice or mind some imperfections like that on black or any other solid color trimming however on the clear one it does matter.

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I like that it does not distract from the appearance

@Rehab1 looking at your pictures again it struck me that the finish is like a mirror, so reflective you can see in perfect detail the ground clearly and the yellow stripe and the building in the background.  I bet a little polishing compound would really make it pop!

That's a wheel I would probably put wax on, unlike my kind of flat gloss Ninebot.

@HEC It is to bad there is not a supplier in your country. Wonder what it would cost to ship using Amazon's new drone delivery:P

@steve454 I have been playing around with both car wax and plastic polish but the jury is still out. I did take a wax remover cleaner in the area where the molding was attached.The shiny black finish was diminished but bounced back after and application of car wax. Plastic polish might be better yet. The stuff I plan to use was used on my helicopter bubble windshield where you don't want any scratches distorting your view especially on a sunny day.

On 8/5/2016 at 5:54 AM, Fahrtwind said:

rear hook can´t be installed when the handle bar is installed.

Was it the mud-guard you were referring to? It's a bit of an inconvenience, but the clip can go on below the guard. 

@Rehab1 were you able to restore the sound back to default? 

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjOUVGVVlPR

Archived