Electric unicycle suddenly power cutoff!

John 987

Dear Experts

My friend's electric unicycle suddenly cutoff its power while riding. It was not due to faulty power switch. After restarting, its able to power up and everything seems normal in terms of using it.

Have anyone experienced the same and what are the possible causes or areas to look into?

Many thanks for reading.

Yours John

Thanks a million Chriull !

That confirms the suspicion!

I have a unicycle that gives warnings and tilts the platform forcing rider to stop and allow safe dismount with alert beeps.

Some unicycles do not!

Is it due to the programming in the chips?

why they did not program it with safety mechanisms?

Thats a deadly product!

Thanks a million Chriull !

That confirms the suspicion!

I have a unicycle that gives warnings and tilts the platform forcing rider to stop and allow safe dismount with alert beeps.

Some unicycles do not!

Is it due to the programming in the chips?

The tilting is implemented in the programm. Some cutoffs could be too, some cutoffs result from the bms.

why they did not program it with safety mechanisms?

stupidity, idiocy, malignity - or they just don't care as long as they can sell their products...

edit: i forgot incompetence as possibility :(

Thats a deadly product!

your friend shpuld always wear good safety gear while riding and be prepared to fly in any situation :(

if he did not import it from asia but bought it from a local reseller he should try to return it! Eventually force the return with a lawyer. Here in this forum you have good chances to find enough details and support regarding the specific wheel of your friend.

or, if he is willing to void the garanty and he or one of his friends is electronicly competend enough to understand the pros and possible cons he can maybe prevent cutoffs by shunting. I.e. Imho some just turn of at max speed and you have to live with it.

Archived