So who the hell are these guys then:https://theninebot.co.uk 

Quote: 

NINEBOT UK – EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR IN UK

Ninebot UK, 8 Wadsworth Rd, Perivale, London, UB6 7JD, UK

Phone: 02089971111

Mobile: 07404828160

Email: sales@theninebot.co.uk

Web: www.theninebot.co.uk

@Adamski, @Jonathan Tolhurst, you might want to see if they can supply the parts you need? Don't use an iPad though, there website is complete sh*t on mobile devices, when I add something to my cart in their 'Shop' the header bar suddenly drops and covers the whole screen so you cannot proceed any further.

PS, ironically they have a link:"Become a distributor" what it actually means is: buy a wheel, get a load of business cards, if someone buys from your card you get commission.

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2016 at 4:02 AM, Keith said:

website is complete sh*t on mobile devices, 

Of course, it's common sense:smartass:  The screen is too small.  But I don't use my phone for the internet so maybe some websites do work well on mobile devices and I just don't know it.

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 1:43 AM, steve454 said:

Of course, it's common sense:smartass:  The screen is too small.  But I don't use my phone for the internet so maybe some websites do work well on mobile devices and I just don't know it.

Some of the websites got "mobile versions" but I just hate them mobile versions. Cannot last more than 5 minutes surfin on any screen smaller that ca.10" - getting insane with all that scrolling and zooming...

On 11/01/2017 at 5:39 PM, vladmarks said:

We still have some stock of Ninebot spares in the UK.

Came to the point that servicing a customer's wheel requires me to try to find a spare part among the EU dealers' stock. 

What's the latest on the Uniwheel?

34 minutes ago, vladmarks said:

Sadly, can't comment on that topic. Personally, I am just waiting till it hits mass market so that the guys can get their hands on the next generation.

Can you give a reason......why you can't comment?

Unless the specifications have changed dramatically........and looking at how the competition has progressed.......at this rate *if* it comes out it will more accurately be part of the LAST generation.

On 16/01/2017 at 6:36 PM, Paddylaz said:

Can you give a reason......why you can't comment?

Cause 1. I don't have the full picture of what is going on, so any of my explanations may be vague and misleading and 2. If the team has a non-disclosure position, I have to respect and understand that. 

Can give you my honest and borderline unbiased opinion. There's a lot to catch up on the specs side considering the competition. Most of the UX solutions are better than current alternatives, though. So I'd pack the same feature-rich concept with up to date battery and software allowing for higher sustainable max speed, and roll with it. That's what I meant by 

On 16/01/2017 at 6:01 PM, vladmarks said:

the next generation

• 2 months later...

I'd have to say that Ninebot is utter crap.  I talked with their tech support, never got a rely, continued riding their dangerous hardware and broke my wrist.  They wouldn't respond to my pleas to fix their faulty Ninebot One E+, but they wouldn't listen.  The unit threw me and I broke my wrist.  They never responded to my pleas for help.  My Ninebot one E+ has been sitting idle for many months. What a waste of money, time, and body parts!

24 minutes ago, Patrick Carroll said:

I'd have to say that Ninebot is utter crap.  I talked with their tech support, never got a rely, continued riding their dangerous hardware and broke my wrist.  They wouldn't respond to my pleas to fix their faulty Ninebot One E+, but they wouldn't listen.  The unit threw me and I broke my wrist.  They never responded to my pleas for help.  My Ninebot one E+ has been sitting idle for many months. What a waste of money, time, and body parts!

Broken wrist is a bad thing for sure. But could be any other EUC under you to be fair... Another thing is why you continued to ride a failing device?

Also to add, I tried to order a replacement board (at my own expense since Ninebot won't support me) and Speedy Feet hasn't responded to me for 2 days.  I feel like they took my money.  I've been watching their "adventure" videos fuming while they trash a Ninebot and other wheels, and they took my money and ran. They have my 134.91 in UK pounds, whatever that translates to USD, and I've sent a couple emails with no response.  They sounded like a good company with good support, but no response.

22 hours ago, Vik's said:

Broken wrist is a bad thing for sure. But could be any other EUC under you to be fair... Another thing is why you continued to ride a failing device?

I tried it at low speed and it threw me, I think it is a bad board as far as I can tell.  I wore a helmet, thought should have worn wrist guards.  I guess it's totally my fault, not the fault of the device manufacturer. Right? 

Since I spent my own money to Speedy Feet, I'd expect them to send me the product I ordered, no response.  They stole my money and I'll need to contact my credit card company to refund my money.  No response from Ninebot, they should fix my defective device.  I ask you why you blame me for suffering an injury from their device why I am culpable for the injury that their device caused me to suffer?  I simply ask for them to fix the problem with the device, they refuse to answer.  I'm not asking for them to pay for my medical bills, I'm asking for them to fix their defective device.  I've paid the most respected reseller (i.e. Speedy Feet) to help me fix it myself, but even they have seemingly scammed me.  So what is a reasonable person supposed to do? 

I can't speak for Speedyfeet,  but I can say that they seem to have a good rep from people here who have dealt with them.  I can understand your frustration, pain, and urgency, but two days really is not a huge amount of time to expect a response so you might want to try contacting them again to see what's up before doing a credit card charge back.   I haven't dealt with SF,  but I highly doubt they are a shady company that would rip you off over a replacement control board? :rolleyes:

Ninebot corp does have a bad rap for not responding in a timely manner.  I bought my Ninebot from an US dealer,  but they closed shop unfortunately.   If I ever need warranty support I think I might be hooped or have to wait a long time.   

You're free to do whatever you want of course kinda like how some patients go against sound medical advice.  I would give Speedyfeet a little more time before burning that bridge and writing them off as bad guys as they likely aren't as bad as Ninebot Inc/corp/Segway/Xiaomi/whatever.  Where else are you going to find replacement parts / support?  Where did you buy your wheel from?  

Edit:  Searching online for replacement control boards turns up very little.  If Speedyfeet still has them in stock waiting a little longer might be your best bet as the alternatives are a little limited.   Ninebotone.ca might have them, but they are $449 CDN.

3 hours ago, Patrick Carroll said:

Since I spent my own money to Speedy Feet, I'd expect them to send me the product I ordered, no response.  They stole my money and I'll need to contact my credit card company to refund my money.  No response from Ninebot, they should fix my defective device.  I ask you why you blame me for suffering an injury from their device why I am culpable for the injury that their device caused me to suffer?  I simply ask for them to fix the problem with the device, they refuse to answer.  I'm not asking for them to pay for my medical bills, I'm asking for them to fix their defective device.  I've paid the most respected reseller (i.e. Speedy Feet) to help me fix it myself, but even they have seemingly scammed me.  So what is a reasonable person supposed to do? 

So for 2 days Ian has not answered? 2 ? Stay cool!

this is a one person company and 2 days is nothing...he has Only! positive feedback so far and is the most reputated seller in england! so i guess he wont throw that in the garbage for loughable 140bucks....

Contacting the credit card company after 2 days and blaming him thief and scamming?

that doesn't sound very reasonable for me!

my 2 cents...

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

this is a one person company and 2 days is nothing...he has Only! positive feedback so far and is the most reputated seller in england! so i guess he wont throw that in the garbage for loughable 140bucks....

I have delt with Ian ordering parts for my previous NB1 and he went the extra mile! When the company was in flux last year he located and sent me the last remaining inner and outer shells. He is a reputable dealer! I am sure he is jockeying a lot of emails and phone calls these days. Just ask @Jason McNeil about the amount of correspondence he handles daily. 

I would email him again. If you have any attachments maybe email them separately with a note directing him to the fact. Possible your email is ending up in his spam pile. 

• 6 months later...

Archived