Speedy Feet snubbed by Ninebot

Adamski

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there can help.

I rang Ian at Speedy Feet enquiring about a new left main shell for my Ninebot One E+ and he told me that Ninebot have retracted his license to sell the One and all it's parts!

This is CRAZY!!!

Ian at Speedy Feet is by far the best and most reliable person in the country when it comes to your Ninebot One needs.

He told me that as the Ninebot One is not legal here, Ninebot have decided to snub the UK when it comes to parts.

I'll be buying the shell from Ian, but am concerned about obtaining any parts I may need in the future (when Ian runs out).

Does anyone know where the next best place to obtain parts is?

I can't believe Ninebot are doing this :-(

Wow, if that is true it REALLY puts Ninebot in a poor light and ought to put off anyone in any country that might be thinking about buying a Ninebot. It is one thing to decide to stop selling the wheels - it is entirely another to stop supporting customers who have already purchased wheels.

I will never convince my wife to ride an EUC, but she loves Segways so I've been gently steering her towards the Ninebot Mini Pro and hoping, at some point I can arrange for her to try one. I'm not at all sure about it now.

Let us hope he successfully moves across to a more sympathetic brand - for example I'm not sure we have a good reseller for Gotway in the UK currently?

12 minutes ago, Keith said:

she loves Segways so I've been gently steering her towards the Ninebot Mini Pro and hoping,

Keith, why not the Inmotion V3S? Practically just as easy to use, it's also faster, more powerful, larger 14" Wheel, more compact, has usable leadlights, speakers, better quality & you don't have to be giving your money to Ninebot :P

We also have them in stock https://www.wheelgo.com/inmotion-v3s-best-twin-wheel-available-anywhere/

1 hour ago, Adamski said:

I rang Ian at Speedy Feet enquiring about a new left main shell for my Ninebot One E+ and he told me that Ninebot have retracted his license to sell the One and all it's parts!

This is CRAZY!!!

Read hrough bellow thread (unless you've done so already):

Thank you so much for that HEC ;-)

How depressing.

You're right, Ian has put so much time and effort all to be thrown back in his face.

I will write to the links you sent me.

The Ninebot One is definitely the best looking wheel out there and certinaly one of the best for quality.

Let's hope they reinstate Ian....fingers crossed.

So, I'll have to source any future parts from the US then?

What I don't understand is that so many people outside the UK count on Speedyfeet for Ninebot stuff.

They see the how-to videos etc and decide to order from him because he seems (is) reliable and safe.

My friend Todd lives in San Francisco and gets his bot/accessories from him.

Pity.

I hate to hear this type of news!! What the heel is going on with Ninebot? Hopefully this is just short term and gets resolved quickly!

I purchased a complete spare shell assembly from Speedy Feet a few weeks back just to have on hand.  No arrival yet. My Paypal account shows the deduction. I should probably contact him as well.

On ninebot.com SpeedyFeet is still listed as a distributor. It looks crazy. Ninebot in general doesn't look like having an advantage from buying Segway. This companies are not acting logical or we don't need a hidden agenda.

I was actually after a pair of inner shells from SpeedyFeet the week before last but was told that they are out of stock and "Parts should be available in a ~3 months all being well". Speedyfeet have always fulfilled my orders quickly and the online material that Ian has created has been invaluable in assisting me in maintaining my wheel. For me, the selling point of the Ninebot One was the availability of parts and the fact that I could easily maintain it myself (doing tricks, I get through lots of parts). If Ninebot One parts are no longer going to be readily available in the UK then I guess I'll be looking towards another brand. I'm really unimpressed with Ninebots treatment of Speedyfeet.

Ian just wrote this in response to someone offering their support on the Ninebot Facebook page:

"Thanks for the support Shawn, I fear they have turned too corporate possibly, not ideal for such a niche product line (hopefully it will be mass one day, but acting like it is already is an error of judgement). Despite being corporate - email response and coms has been woeful over the last couple of months, boarding on rude (or plain disorganised one of the two..or both?!). So much work went into Ninebot over the last 2 years and as it began to blossom this happens. Its almost as though the old Segway mentality has taken over Ninebot - not the other way around. I was turned onto Ninebot in the first place due too how dynamic they were, felt fresh and at the forefront; goes without saying really that it looks like that has been thrown out the window a little. Had hoped it was just due to the transition period...but the length of time that has passed with terrible coms (which I take as highly disrespectful to an A+ advocate for their brand) and no movement forward for the UK market STILL, I may have to concede its going to be a permanent attitude/ethos. Again, thanks for your support!"

That sure is a stupid move from Ninebot. I have also bought from SpeedyFeet, great company and super service - and fast shipping. Really not understandable at all. I hope he decides to stay in this business however it turns out. I would definently buy from them again. On the EUC side there doesn't seem to be much happening from Ninebot at this time anyway. Thumbs down. :-(

@Paddylaz That is one heartfelt, very sad facebook post from Ian. Man you can almost feel the tears in his eyes. For Ian to put so much effort, good will and respect into a company that he absolutely loved and then to have them turn their backs on him and his business is unconscionable!! WOW...being a business owner myself I really feel for the guy! This sucks!

9 hours ago, Adamski said:

Does anyone know where the next best place to obtain parts is?

Your nearest Segway dealer should be able to get you any parts that are available.  Now I can understand why Ninebot would pull Speedyfeet's license.  If they are not legal in England, Ninebot does not want to break the law.  Unfortunate for Ian, but hopefully this is only a temporary setback and English law will change.

@FORWARD california As far as supplying parts in the USA , will you be able to supply things like complete shell assemblies, motors, batteries? I ordered form Speedy Feet as I did not see an alternative supplier for major parts in the USA. It would certainly save on shipping. How is your company being treated so far?

Maybe you can try this email: service@segway.eu.com for parts.

As far as I know, Segway Europe is looking for exclusive distributors in EMEA and their French distributor sold miniPro to Boulanger already. 

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@FORWARD california As far as supplying parts in the USA , will you be able to supply things like complete shell assemblies, motors, batteries? I ordered form Speedy Feet as I did not see an alternative supplier for major parts in the USA. It would certainly save on shipping. How is your company being treated so far?

We currently have a limited supply of  E+ 500 watt motors. As for complete shell assemblies and E+ batteries I need to see if we can get more before I offer any for sale.

https://www.forwardca.com/collections/accessories

How has Ninebot-Segway treated us?  No comment.

31 minutes ago, FORWARD california said:

How has Ninebot-Segway treated us?  No comment.

That makes me think that either you have nothing good to say about them, or Ninebot is threatening the (remaining) resellers about publishing any negative views :P

2 hours ago, esaj said:

That makes me think that either you have nothing good to say about them, or Ninebot is threatening the (remaining) resellers about publishing any negative views :P

It's like the old recommendation phrases that don't really say what you think they are saying.

"I can't recommend him highly enough."

http://www.tensionnot.com/jokes/other_jokes/examples_good_letters_recommendation

Archived