Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Evils

Help identifying used Ninebot One (E+?)

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

after I couldn't take my Ninebot One E+ with me from Europe to the US, I had to buy one here in the US as well.

Now I bought this Ninebot One E+ used with only 4 km on it. I did a test drive with it and everything seemed to check out, the battery had a 320Wh label so all was good.

The seller claimed he bought it about a year ago and was never really able to ride it, which is the reason why he is selling it. 

What confuses me now is what the Ninebot iOS app reports and how different the wheel feels to my wheel in Europe.

First of all, when the wheel is fully charged, I get 20km remaining mileage reported. IIRC my other E+ reports 28km when fully charged. Second, the Ninebot starts beeping on me at 20km/h instead of the usual 23/24 km/h I got out with my other Ninebot.

Can anyone make sense of why this wheel behaves so different? 

The serial number on the wheel is: N1OEA1521A00XX

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From another thread.... I'm not sure it helps because yours is showing '15'

On 7/4/2016 at 10:05 AM, Oily said:

Thanks @SuperSport

I've just found the below on the Official Ninebot site, so I have a C+ (but a fast one, as I can hit 21km/h easily with little pedal lean).

"The model can be determined from the serial number of the vehicle, for example, N1OCA14**A** indicates model C, N2OCA14**A** indicates model C+, N1OEA14**A** indicates model E, and N2OEA14**A** indicates model E+."

Did 6 miles on Sunday morning & 7 this morning on my way to work with no issues - and have now broken the 50km (am showing 65km) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked my 2016 E+, it's N20EA16...

Perhaps the 14/15/16 is the year?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, my other E+ also starts with N2OEA ... 

That would mean this unit is a Ninebot One E with a 320Wh or a E+ from earlier years but why the limitations I mentioned?!

Edit: The original seller was newegg.com in July 2015. 

Edited by Evils
Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Evils The battery is at least one year old, It might not have been stored in the best circumstances, so may have lost a little power.  Have you checked the app to see what the fully charged voltage shows?  That could give some indication of the battery state.  Mine charges up to just under 62 volts.  I have read that after a few charge discharge cycles the battery may get a little stronger, that seemed to happen to mine.  The last two or three times i charged it and rode two miles in twenty minutes I checked the app and it still said 100% battery!  I was trying to take a little charge off the top to put less stress on the batteries.  I wish I had a charge doctor so I could charge to 90 percent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Evils The battery is at least one year old, It might not have been stored in the best circumstances, so may have lost a little power.  Have you checked the app to see what the fully charged voltage shows?  That could give some indication of the battery state.  Mine charges up to just under 62 volts.  I have read that after a few charge discharge cycles the battery may get a little stronger, that seemed to happen to mine.  The last two or three times i charged it and rode two miles in twenty minutes I checked the app and it still said 100% battery!  I was trying to take a little charge off the top to put less stress on the batteries.  I wish I had a charge doctor so I could charge to 90 percent.

 

That's a possible scenario I didn't think about at first. When I bought the Ninebot it had only 2 Charges and 4km on it and showed 100%, fully charging it gives me about 60V, which is less than what to expect. So it's probably the battery after all. I wonder if it will recover from sitting around not being used for about a year.

What made me wonder though really is the sticker on the packaging where Model E is ticked, but a sticker with E+ is put next to it. If I got that right from another thread there were a few models that got relabeled and I really want to avoid to have gotten one of those as it happened to me before (more or less).

I'll report back in a few days if you guys don't have any other idea! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Evils I just looked at my box and it also has the E checked with an E+ sticker next to it.  The sticker is square with rounded corners and the E+ is in blue.  Also the 14kg box is checked.  I ordered mine through a Segway dealer and it came from their main distribution center in Pennsylvania.  I think your's is an E+.  Also there is such a thing as tolerance stack up, where each individual unit can be slightly slower or faster than the others.  Have you hit tiltback yet, if so at what speed on the app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2016 at 7:09 PM, steve454 said:

@Evils I just looked at my box and it also has the E checked with an E+ sticker next to it.  The sticker is square with rounded corners and the E+ is in blue.  Also the 14kg box is checked.  I ordered mine through a Segway dealer and it came from their main distribution center in Pennsylvania.  I think your's is an E+.  Also there is such a thing as tolerance stack up, where each individual unit can be slightly slower or faster than the others.  Have you hit tiltback yet, if so at what speed on the app?

 

So, after some rides and an answer from Ninebot, it seems as I really do have a E+ Model... but with a almost dead battery.

I recharged and rode this thing now for about 20 miles in total. The battery charges up to 61.6V again but my maximum reach on flat terrain is somewhere between 6-8 miles which is pretty low =(((

I bought the Ninebot with 4km on it and only 3 charges, it was laying around for almost exactly one year after it was bought from Newegg. Pretty sad to see that the battery seems to be that bad.

Anyone knows if there is any chance it'll just recover?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Evils said:

I bought the Ninebot with 4km on it and only 3 charges, it was laying around for almost exactly one year after it was bought from Newegg. Pretty sad to see that the battery seems to be that bad.

Anyone knows if there is any chance it'll just recover?!

Unfortunately, if it's been laying in storage with a full charge (minus what it has self-discharged in that time) for about a year, the battery has probably permanently lost a lot of it's capacity.

You can try though, if normal discharging and recharging -cycles make it any better after a while. But as far as I know, there are no "magic tricks" to make it better, and it cannot be revived like something like NiMH-batteries. Don't try to overcharge or overdischarge it, although you could try with another (original) charger if it's just the charger putting out too low voltage (but 61.6V is already getting close to the maximum of 63V).

Edited by esaj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, esaj said:

Unfortunately, if it's been laying in storage with a full charge (minus what it has self-discharged in that time) for about a year, the battery has probably permanently lost a lot of it's capacity.

You can try though, if normal discharging and recharging -cycles make it any better after a while. But as far as I know, there are no "magic tricks" to make it better, and it cannot be revived like something like NiMH-batteries. Don't try to overcharge or overdischarge it, although you could try with another (original) charger if it's just the charger putting out too low voltage (but 61.6V is already getting close to the maximum of 63V).

Unfortunately all of that seems true, the battery easily jumps 20% up and down and the capacity is baaaaad. 

I do wonder if it'd be worth it to take out the battery and charge it with a better charger?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Evils That may be low compared to some others, but it is way better than the two miles I got on my generic.  You could just keep riding and recharging like @esaj said, it would be interesting to see if the range increases after a few more cycles.  Then, if the range is still too low, take it to a Ninebot dealer and let them diagnose the battery.  You may have one bad cell that prevents full capacity.  If the battery is not good, you have options.  New battery or different wheel with larger battery pack.  By the way, how is the speed and acceleration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I still owe everybody here a follow up on this question: (btw. thanks for answering so nicely!)

In the meantime I drove about 100km with the Ninebot in question here. Which comes down to about 10 charges I guess?! (Never really took down the battery below 20%)

I started monitoring the Voltage at full and most other metrics with 9BMetrics. 

When I got the 9Bot it hat 4km on it and the full charge voltage was about 60V, quickly after the first two charges that went up to about 61.6V where it's at now.

The mileage at the beginning was about approx 8km, it went up to about maybe 12-14km now. Acceleration stayed about the same, started to beep on you at about 20km/h.

Again, this is a N1O Ninebot One E+, comparing that to my other N2O Ninebot One E+ I feel like this one is not what I hoped it would be. I'm about 100kg heavy, so I really need all power and mileage I can get. So after charge cycling the battery for a while, I can't find a big recovery, although there is some recovery!

I guess I'm going to stick with that Ninebot now and will probably try and get a different EUC soon.

Thanks everybody for their help and answers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...