Useless sticker, after a few fall and scratches these will be broken....

The sticker on mine broke as soon as I unscrew the battery.

Federal law will prevail against these dumb stickers.

wiki ; " Consumer products are not required to have warranties, but if one is given, it must comply with the Magnuson–Moss Act. "

16 hours ago, el31415 said:

Useless sticker, after a few fall and scratches these will be broken....

The sticker on mine broke as soon as I unscrew the battery.

Federal law will prevail against these dumb stickers.

wiki ; " Consumer products are not required to have warranties, but if one is given, it must comply with the Magnuson–Moss Act. "

Good luck with that. If your unit fails (power-wise) after you've messed with that sticker, you won't be able to invoke the Magnuson Moss Act. Heck, if a wheel fails, they could say it COULD HAVE FAILED because you touched this and that. Segway in the USA REALLY wants you to send in your miniPRO if you have just about any issues with it. 

Even a flat tire = send the unit to Segway.

8 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Good luck with that. If your unit fails (power-wise) after you've messed with that sticker, you won't be able to invoke the Magnuson Moss Act. Heck, if a wheel fails, they could say it COULD HAVE FAILED because you touched this and that. Segway in the USA REALLY wants you to send in your miniPRO if you have just about any issues with it. 

Even a flat tire = send the unit to Segway.

Cause of "chicken" customer that they think they can get away with this sticker.

This sticker are just there to scare you at not opening. Should your mini need warranty , sticker or no sticker if you press them they will provide warranty.

F.T.C. to the rescue.

IMG_6373.JPG

11 hours ago, affe said:

I'm sure they will service it, but not for free. 

I don't know if that's true. If you mess something up while playing with the battery and other parts, I know I wouldn't do any service work on it. After all, what happens if Segway fixes something, and then your Segway breaks and you have an accident. You'd be blaming Segway for it, despite the fact you may have broken something else when "fiddling" with it. 

It will be interesting to see where this leads...

• 11 months later...

Stupidest policy ever. Why the hell would I send the entire unit back and incur freight charges if I know the battery is toast. It would be more cost efficient to just purchase a new unit when they're on sale.   You have to remove the battery to view the status light on the underside. Just sell me a friggin' battery already. 

14 hours ago, smay28 said:

Stupidest policy ever. Why the hell would I send the entire unit back and incur freight charges if I know the battery is toast. It would be more cost efficient to just purchase a new unit when they're on sale.   You have to remove the battery to view the status light on the underside. Just sell me a friggin' battery already. 

Good point.

I'm interested in buying a battery for my MiniPro.

Where could I buy a battery?

I have checked sites and have not located this.

Would someone know a reliable source?

1 hour ago, Rocky Romero said:

Good point.

I'm interested in buying a battery for my MiniPro.

Where could I buy a battery?

I have checked sites and have not located this.

Would someone know a reliable source?

Better talk to them at more4mini.  Last i heard the batteries were now a discontinued item. Maybe they are working on a new one, or because of the new plus model are no longer making any new ones and using stock for existing new sales only.   The speedyfeet UK dealer had also removed the item for sale last i checked.  They would be another good source of information on what is happening with the batteries. 

more4mini selling original mini pro battery too and a generic battery with 3 pins needs charger 3 pins and surely no communicate with the app

normally ninebot official us can sell you battery

5 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Better talk to them at more4mini.  Last i heard the batteries were now a discontinued item. Maybe they are working on a new one, or because of the new plus model are no longer making any new ones and using stock for existing new sales only.   The speedyfeet UK dealer had also removed the item for sale last i checked.  They would be another good source of information on what is happening with the batteries. 

3 hours ago, jojo33 said:

more4mini selling original mini pro battery too and a generic battery with 3 pins needs charger 3 pins and surely no communicate with the app

normally ninebot official us can sell you battery

Thank you JoJo and Freeride for this input.

SpeedyFeet UK did have the battery for US $429 plus shipping.

That also earns 1354 Magic Beans.
100 Magic Beans are worth £1. Learn more

I was thinking that I could buy a used Minipro in the USA, since I'm in Chicago.

Maybe even a third Minipro.

In the meantime, I will use my wife's MiniPro battery when available, for long trips.

I was hoping that I could get two additional batteries for long trips together.

Alternatively, I'm considering public/private transportation to and from fun destinations.

429$is very expensive

ninebot france sell it around 300 euros

but you can get one for less 300

price increase a lot since last month

take your time, better is a second hand mini

amazon mini pro price 599$

amazon prime day 499 or less 

ask more4mini us i think they have battery original (more4mini europa sell it too)

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2017 at 5:43 AM, FreeRide said:

Here is a great way to get an extra battery in the US.  

Yes, I bought this and pleased with the unit.

This week I will travel with the extra battery for longer trips & test this out.

If it works well, I may get another MiniPro.  Just for backup and the battery.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 6:14 AM, FreeRide said:

I bought a charger from more4mini to boost the range to 19MPH.  It works well for two of my batteries and the third one stays at 15MPH range.  I don’t know why that is.

I’m getting better at swapping batteries to extend the riding distance.  It’s a great feeling of freedom and I’m discovering more of Chicago than I have ever in decades.  Actually, I’m able to travel by car and train to other distant locations, like Wisconsin, and also discover new areas by riding.

I could use two more batteries without having to buy entire MiniPros.

Would anyone know a reasonable seller for Mini batteries?

On 9/4/2017 at 2:03 PM, Rocky Romero said:

Yes, I bought this and pleased with the unit.

This week I will travel with the extra battery for longer trips & test this out.

If it works well, I may get another MiniPro.  Just for backup and the battery.

Small minor error that I made in swapping batteries.  I didn’t tighten the battery screws.

Because of that, the MiniPro would not power up.  I thought it was something wrong with the MiniPro itself.

After re-swapping batteries, I realized my error. 

Rookie mistake.

Archived