DJI Phantom 3 filming electric unicycling at High Island Reservoir in Hong Kong

John Eucist

Due to the high frame rate and resolution, the smooth movement of the quad-copter, and the somewhat surreal environment (are those anchor-shaped concrete blocks used to fill the other side of the road?) it looks like computer animation at times ;)  If I didn't know better, and see the parts filmed where John is flying the copter, I'd suspect it's rendered and not real film.  :D

Due to the high frame rate and resolution, the smooth movement of the quad-copter, and the somewhat surreal environment (are those anchor-shaped concrete blocks used to fill the other side of the road?) it looks like computer animation at times ;)  If I didn't know better, and see the parts filmed where John is flying the copter, I'd suspect it's rendered and not real film.  :D

​I'm not sure what the "anchor-shaped concrete blocks" are for.  I suspect it somehow helps break the impact of the waves coming in towards the wall or something.  Actually it felt scary to ride there because the "empty" spots where the "anchors" are are where you can fall like 20 meters down.

The name of the "anchor shaped blocks" is Dolosse. They protect the banks / harbours or shores from sea erosion. One of this little fellows can weigh more than 20 metric tons.

Archived