Inmotion V8 - your thoughts and Impressions ... Now with extensive review included

HEC

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Ah, thought for some reason the KS-16B was 40 lbs, not the actual 37 lbs. Either way, from my experience, once you go 30 lbs and above, the wheel weights don't feel that different, they all feel about the same degree of heaviness...

Well - it also depends on overall shape (for example "fat & short" vs "slim and tall" where later with the same weight would feel easier to carry around) as well as design and placement of the handle. I carry the KS-16 4 to 8 times a day 3 flights of stairs plus to and from train 4 times a day and it is not a problem at all despite it's size and weight but I'm sure V8 would be much easier to carry around even with the same weight. But I do agree that anything over 12 Kg (26.5 lbs) can't really be classified as portable.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 26, 2016 at 10:21 AM, lizardmech said:

It's certainly better than most other EUC but it's still going to cause a headache for people thinking of importing and selling them. I think this is why ninebot and solowheel used 60V.

FYI, all Ninebot Ones have been 54.3V or 55.5V.

Ninebot-One-340wh-2.jpgNinebot-One-320wh-2.jpg?1420594597xiaomi-ninebot-one-a1-fast-charge-batter

20 hours ago, lizardmech said:

No, once you go over 60V the regulations on electrical plugs become very strict in most countries. It's ok to have higher voltages inside the device but for external connectors it makes more sense to just keep them under 60V.

Thinking about this a little bit more it seems strange. Considering that that basically any current electric device or small appliance have removable AC cord why would anything with DC plug on much lover voltage that full DC 240 / 110 V should be a problem? As long as the plug is designed to A) withstand the current, voltage and any eventual arching / sparkling during plugging or unplugging and B ) protect users from touching the exposed contacts there shouldn't be problem here ...

@Jason McNeil, any word on availability for the V8 in the US?

After over 2,000kms I'm looking to upgrade my E+ in a few months for another 16". The current candidate was the KS16. but this one seems like a better choice (not to mention i've been reading about some issues with the KS16s on the forum).

@JonTheMad it's a pretty good light show for night riding, but you probably can't see it in the daytime.  I kind of like it, but I haven't ridden in the dark but one time on the way to work stopped at a park as I was early, started riding in the grass and hit a three inch tall chunk of asphalt hidden in the grass.  Of course it threw me off:)  I should have ridden in the parking lot.:lol:

1 minute ago, JonTheMad said:

@Jason McNeil did this thing have Bluetooth music speakers like the V3 or is it built like the V5F+ with no music? Disco light and disco music ftw! ?

Specs don't have music. It's probably doable if there's enough requests (I'll put one in), certainly enough space for a small speaker on the front... 

3 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Specs don't have music. It's probably doable if there's enough requests (I'll put one in), certainly enough space for a small speaker on the front... 

Yes please!

1 hour ago, JonTheMad said:

Discowheel!

Looks like the actual wheel have "only" 7 LEDs in each ring section (84 in total) instead of original 14 as per computer renderings (168 in total) ... wonders why they cut it in half?

Also I kinda miss the break light from the V5F :( That's a great function for group riding. And (while hardly ever using speakers on my KS-16) it's a bit strange that after designing this flying disco ball they didn't include BT audio and even didn't make the LED lights into flying "equalizer" ;) Maybe IM didn't want to deal with two separate BT modules needed for that ... :unsure:

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

yes music and more battery!!! Thanks!

4 hours ago, JonTheMad said:

I agree, break light should be a minimum requirement for any wheel imo

Actually, on second look, the LED rings looking at the V8 dead on from the back are plenty bright, maybe there's a braking light feature that is just turned off? I know my Ninebot One S2 has the option in the Ninebot app to turn on or off the brake light pattern. @Jason McNeil any insight on this?

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Forget the V8 - where can I pre-order me a set of those pants!  Who needs disco lights if you have a sharp looking pair of pants!  :P

I think I know what @thefork will be playing on his wheel if it has speakers...

The winner takes it all. 

Another video:

It's clear that during bright daylight the side LEDs are barely visible so unfortunately this would not be usable as "break" lights. That's kinda only one think I'm disappointed about so far with V8 (not having the break light).

Looks like I know what my next wheel is going to be :) (the weight was the main reason why I didn't get KS16)

@Jason McNeil, if you're still collecting ideas for feature and tweak requests to pass on to InMotion, it would be great if they include a simple, practical and elegant mode for the LED lights: riding direction LEDs lighting up white, back LEDs red. Ideally this could also include some fading out of light towards the edges and stronger lighting up of red LEDs when breaking. It seems like the most obvious LED mode to have, but somehow other wheels don't have that (I'm still planning to mod my MCM4 to override it's disco effects with something like that). Otherwise, I don't think that in western countries many grown up people are up for turning these LEDs on at all.

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@HEC....I found the video!!!:P Wished I knew how to take the other video down.

I guess you can edit the other post and removed it and leave the link to this thread if you really want to ... :) Or ask admins to merge the thread to this one or remove it - doesn't really matter as long as info is out there.

On 7/25/2016 at 5:41 PM, Shane Tan said:

Is the tire width the same as V5 or is it the wider 2.125 inch?

taking the measure on the screen by comparing the tire size with the given wheel width of 148mm, it seems the tire has 2.5". I wouldn't be sure without confirmation though.

38 minutes ago, Niko said:

taking the measure on the screen by comparing the tire size with the given wheel width of 148mm, it seems the tire has 2.5". I wouldn't be sure without confirmation though.

I doubt it will be 2.5" with such slim shell design. I hope it's a "standard" 16" / 2.125" (for the ease of replacement) instead of 1.95" as on V5F/+.

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove The guy is definitely battered! No company issued protective gear for the test pilot! Wow.. the company even made him keep the plastic wrap on the pedals during the test. He could have slipped and fell and hurt the V8?

Archived