Brands with / without unexpected shutdowns (new buyers look here)

KaleOsaurusRex

10 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Applause, Keith!

i could not have said it better, really!

This discussion comes back and back again.... would add something to it:

if you think your wheel can stay on -lets say exact 20kmh- and not go faster....can be you also have to stay the whole time at this speed :-) 

Yes you can, as you can stay on a platform which move constant 20km/h

Torque is needed to keep pedals stiff at ground level. Tlitls are extra gadgets to lets  driver do hard accelerate or brake. You can also drive with super stiff pedals at ground level . Don't you? Is it possible to programm the motor to keep contant speed with keep stiff pedals ? I realy don't know.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ninebot e+ has an exposed switch that gets ruined by condensation when you bring your cold device in or when rain hits it directly. causes unexpected shutoff. dangerous.

design solution, dont allow switch off during riding , but still allow shutoff if standstill and wheel is out of control

The machie should be able to be driven in a pool on the bottom with wheight. underwater racing.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! and sorry to raise this old topic again but please be nice to a newbie:) I found this topic when googling for "Unexpected Shutdown Unicycle" as I have it hit twice with my AirWheel and it hurt every time even in low speed (both my knees are still hurt now as the second time was this morning).

I have been with my AirWheel X8 for almost a year from a beginner to now with a little bit more confident (can go backward, one foot, slalom, etc.). I have been researching for my next One Wheel and was almost set to a GotWay as it is powerful, long-range and with high speed limit. But after my second incident this morning, I am now doing some research for a safest  branch with no Unexpected Shutdown. From the first page of this topic, the King Song is probably the one but browsing around I found one confirmation that even King Song has this problem - http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/6921-just-had-first-wreck-unexpected-shutdown-on-14c/?page=1

My current conclusion is either GotWay or KingSong would do, and to reduce the chance of unexpected shutdown we would need to have one with high capacity battery, avoid increasing speed aggressively at low battery.

With all of your experience with different brands, please share your opinion on which one is the safest!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

MM

Your analysis seems fair to me. I have both and both have been known to fail but not entirely unexpectedly as my sons and I push them fairly hard, we're all around 100kg and the hills are steep and long around here, some 18°, including my driveway and the hill it leads onto.

If you are looking for reliability, go with Kingsong model S in either 14 or 16.

Read @EcoDrift's  post  on failures. He is a Russian dealer that moves quite a bit of wheels so I imagine he had a good population to get failure rates from. The Gotways had some insane failure rates. Kingsong had more respectable failure rates but the failure rates dropped drastically in the S series.

Thanks Guys!

I do not see many sites selling King Song here in the US. I found one from ewheels.com but currently sold out - https://www.ewheels.com/product/kingsong-16-electric-unicycle/

another seller on ebay with cheap price but the product looks different - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARTWHEEL-KING-SONG-16-INCH-BLACK-ELECTRIC-UNICYCLE-WHEEL-BY-KINGSONG-SALE/282319345179, probably old model?

Do you know any good site?

6 minutes ago, MouseWithoutBorders said:

Thanks Guys!

I do not see many sites selling King Song here in the US. I found one from ewheels.com but currently sold out - https://www.ewheels.com/product/kingsong-16-electric-unicycle/

another seller on ebay with cheap price but the product looks different - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARTWHEEL-KING-SONG-16-INCH-BLACK-ELECTRIC-UNICYCLE-WHEEL-BY-KINGSONG-SALE/282319345179, probably old model?

Do you know any good site?

It says on the ewheels site that the next shipment is expected the first week of March.  You can call or ask online at the site if they are here yet.  

That other link to Ebay shows what looks to be a rebranded 800w Kingsong with a smaller battery.  I don't have any experience with the seller.  It appears to be in New York.

There are some sellers of rebranded King Song out there, but often they sell lower battery capacity models. When you compare the same models, ewheels has the same or ever better prices, and the proprietor (Jason) has a great reputation for support and service. Well worth it IMHO. I just ordered a KS-16s from him today, with the optional fast charger. I don't expect the wait to be long. They get them in stock all the time.

Archived