The Ninebot Mini is more dangerous than riding an EUC

Battery Pack, you can find this light on Amazon for under 20usd, it has three light levels and a flashing mode and pushes out 1500 plus lumens. Super Bright, Battery Lasts about 2 Hours on a high and 4 hours on low ... Low is all you need. Can be seen during the daytime. Lmk if you want the link on Amazon. Seriously an amazing light for the money. Battery pack is also waterproofed housing 4 18650 cells

52150805189__543FA018-07BA-4990-AF55-52A181A4706C.JPG

3 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

Battery Pack, you can find this light on Amazon for under 20usd, it has three light levels and a flashing mode and pushes out 1500 plus lumens. Super Bright, Battery Lasts about 2 Hours on a high and 4 hours on low ... Low is all you need. Can be seen during the daytime. Lmk if you want the link on Amazon. Seriously an amazing light for the money. Battery pack is also waterproofed housing 4 18650 cells

52150805189__543FA018-07BA-4990-AF55-52A181A4706C.JPG

Thanks for the info.

Yes, do you have an amazon link to view this.

I bought a red laser light that projects in the front to let others know that I'm approaching.

7 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Thanks for the info.

I bought a red laser light that projects in the front to let others know that I'm approaching.

Nestling Solarstorm 1100 Lm U2 XML 2 CREE LED Mountain Cycle lights Front Bike lights Bicycle Light Headlamp Torch Headlight Head Lights Flashlight 4x

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2LYGB2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_2n6VbOReW9vqy

7 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Thanks for the info.

Just noticed the above link is out of stock,

here is the The in stock link!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014GWV78Q/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_468_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VEJDEEW0BDSQYTQTN3SW&dpPl=1&dpID=61OdacFNx5L

3 minutes ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

Nestling Solarstorm 1100 Lm U2 XML 2 CREE LED Mountain Cycle lights Front Bike lights Bicycle Light Headlamp Torch Headlight Head Lights Flashlight 4x

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2LYGB2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_2n6VbOReW9vqy

Thanks for this info.

I will add this to my MiniPro accessories.

I'm finding that I bring what is required according to the trip.

Today was a Bikram Yoga trip and my wife and I each had backpacks for the yoga mat, towels, change of clothes & other necessities.

Easy Peasy with the MiniPro (s).

18 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

Thanks for this info.

I will add this to my MiniPro accessories.

I'm finding that I bring what is required according to the trip.

Today was a Bikram Yoga trip and my wife and I each had backpacks for the yoga mat, towels, change of clothes & other necessities.

Easy Peasy with the MiniPro (s).

Heated Yoga Mats are the future ??

14 minutes ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

Heated Yoga Mats are the future ??

Looking at water scooters and other interesting water devices available, a Segway water MiniPlusWater is also in the future.

The air inflated tires can keep the MiniPlusWater above water and the balancing takes care of itself.

Water proofing all the electronics would have to occur.

Potentially, this is an ideal land & water personal transporter.

Engineers, on this forum, please figure this out?

On 7/30/2017 at 4:15 PM, Rocky Romero said:

Looking at water scooters and other interesting water devices available, a Segway water MiniPlusWater is also in the future.

The air inflated tires can keep the MiniPlusWater above water and the balancing takes care of itself.

Water proofing all the electronics would have to occur.

Potentially, this is an ideal land & water personal transporter.

Engineers, on this forum, please figure this out?

It would not work as the ground moves in the ocean ... waves. Boats work great. They have for centuries.

• 9 months later...

My first 30 or so kilometers i had to concentrate to do constant quick turns (slalom), likely since i am used to skiing the"old way" (hips static, legs moving below you) and lately of course also carving.

But the turning on the mini plus was not familiar (ie no skidding) so it took a while. Now it's allmost stem activated. And i dont have too many kms (guessing around 80?)

Though falling from pot holes is no issue, the nb is so solid with the old fw and does NOT cut off when you shortly step of pedals (can happen at jumps) like fw 1.7 does...so it feels safe and i just run ahead if it throws me off from ie a pothole and it just stands there stuck, waiting for"daddy" to jump back on.

The most dangerous thing i experienced was a single wheel cutoff = it was still balancing. I admittedly forced it to cut out just to see if it was possible and it was. Left went NB, me right. On the left there was a road so i got quickly on my feet and ran out and picked up the NB as a car was approaching. Did not want the poor thing to be run over (the NB that is?). But if a car would have been beside me when it happened it could have caused panic for the driver i guess (and a dead nb for me) so from now on i dont Force it near roads but rather on small streets and park's.

I don't feel it is unsafe at all, feels very sturdy in the build and a smooth ride. I would like it to be faster though like 30km/h would be ok

under 2 weeks ownership is nothing. Minipro has been my daily commuter for 1.5 years now in a major city with awfully bumpy and up and down roads/sidewalks

I fell once in week 1 due to my own fault, and never had a problem again. Yes you can "pick it up quick", but only after 3-4 weeks did I consider myself getting to very comfortable riding it anywhere and everywhere

If you want safety, get a tank. Those are pretty safe to travel around in

15 minutes ago, icom said:

under 2 weeks ownership is nothing. Minipro has been my daily commuter for 1.5 years now in a major city with awfully bumpy and up and down roads/sidewalks

I fell once in week 1 due to my own fault, and never had a problem again. Yes you can "pick it up quick", but only after 3-4 weeks did I consider myself getting to very comfortable riding it anywhere and everywhere

If you want safety, get a tank. Those are pretty safe to travel around in

its just once you change to euc you notice what youve missed. IME

1 hour ago, icom said:

Minipro has been my daily commuter for 1.5 years now in a major city with awfully bumpy and up and down roads/sidewalks

Great testimony on reliability.

As I rid of my bikes and ebikes, I will stay with the MiniPros, for both fun and practical transport.

In the city, and by the waterfronts.

1 hour ago, Rocky Romero said:

Great testimony on reliability.

As I rid of my bikes and ebikes, I will stay with the MiniPros, for both fun and practical transport.

In the city, and by the waterfronts.

Yes, stay awake and the miniPro is fine, and is the best platform for many tasks since you can stand still on it and have your hands free.  Part of the safety is the slow speed, but also one really does just kind of mold with it and it is all second nature after awhile.  You don't even thing about going forward, it's more like walking, you want to be over there you go there, your there and you are not even really conscious of making any explicit effort to do it outside of wanting to move.  No vehicle is perfect, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.  Still dreaming of a minipro with more speed and more range though.

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

Yes, stay awake and the miniPro is fine, and is the best platform for many tasks since you can stand still on it and have your hands free.  Part of the safety is the slow speed, but also one really does just kind of mold with it and it is all second nature after awhile.  You don't even thing about going forward, it's more like walking, you want to be over there you go there, your there and you are not even really conscious of making any explicit effort to do it outside of wanting to move.  No vehicle is perfect, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.  Still dreaming of a minipro with more speed and more range though.

a minipro with more speed and range.. is a euc ;) 

Archived