Ever Buy Stuff That You Probably Don't Even Need?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2018 at 4:39 PM, Dingfelder said:

I just ordered some brushes that attach to your drill, because I hate scrubbing the tub endlessly, usually with super-toxic chemicals, and getting almost nowhere with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRLZ43B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Customer reviews are about as good as those things can get.

I also ordered the softer version for more delicate stuff.  I'm thinking of using that to try to get leaf stains and gunk off my car and trailer, and the painted bannisters on the deck outside.  

I just got my yellow scrubbing set from AliExpress, and wow these things are pretty useful!  I used the small one to grind away years of soap scum from the floor of the shower, and it worked pretty good in my cordless impact driver.  I wish I had ordered the red (I think that was the colour?) firmer one as the yellow is a little on the softer bristle side.

The toilet brush shaped one didn’t do much and the larger flat disc couldn’t put enough pressure on the calcified scum to remove it.  I’m ordering some more of the small puppies!

Hey great, glad you liked them! 

What kind of surface does your tub have?  Plastic or tile or what?  I was thinking of getting some real tough bristles but wasn't sure our plastic/fiberglass/whatever cheapo tub could take it.

It’s a fibreglass shower stall with a glass frosted door sort of dealio.  The stall  surface is usually glossy smooth and is quite hard and not flexible at all.  The brush removes just the scum layer without scratching the plastic at all.  I’ve been running my driver at a high speed powering through the build-up while dry.  The yellow bristles feel moderately firm, but they do bend a fair bit when applying pressure to a surface.  I should wear a dust mask next time since it really powderizes the build-up.

I read a review saying even the red or black ones aren’t that stiff so damage is highly unlikely.  I’d recommend doing a test patch that isn’t very visible if you’re concerned.  I get the feeling the yellow blasts off the scum and even polishes the fibreglass uderneath as it turns out nice and smooth with no scratches whatsoever.

If you search AliExpress you will find them under “drill scrubber” I believe.  Remember to go though Ebates for some cashback.  The small disc ones go for about $2.46 CAD each with free shipping.  I just bought a bunch of yellow and red to try.  I wish they had an end disc one with the bristles sticking outwards so I could use the side of the disc and apply more pressure that way.  Or maybe have a smaller version of the toilet brush shape.  The bigger ones just don’t do squat on hardened soap scum.

• 3 weeks later...

Ehm… just checking… hehe.

And to be on topic here, I've recently got DJI Goggles RE to match mavic better colourwise and to be able to watch some movies on long hauls. The white original ones did bother me with the "wrong" colour… Now I'm really trying to convince myself that I don't need a new mavic :P

;) Not a problem for me personally but some of the people that were "flying with me" did feel a little bit uncomfortable. But what helps a lot is that they can use headtracking to control the camera gimbal - then it goes much better for the most part. I prefer to seat steady while using them goggles.

Archived