Riding Inmotion V3S

Henry Pang

Have anyone else ride the Inmotion V3S, if yes how long does it take you to practice before you are ready to ride in public sidewalk? I had hard time just to get both of my feet on the unit for the first 30 minutes after about 2.5 hour I only manage to ride the unit in straight line without picking up much speed, sadly the valve stem on of the tire was started to scratch against the ride which that require to swap out inner-tube which I had to send the unit back to get it service, I won't get it back for at least 2 week. Base on my 2.5 hour on riding or at least trying to ride the V3S, I felt like I have long way to go before I can ride it in public.

If you read some of the journals, diary of that cutlery fellow and the thread below, you'll see that the learning process varies quite a bit.  Some people can pick it up within a few minutes while others take a little longer... :rolleyes:  I figure the harder the challenge the greater the reward or sense of accomplishment so take your time.  There's no rush just stick with it.  I never figured I'd be able to ride around people safely, but it just comes with time.  I'm still learning!

19 hours ago, Henry Pang said:

the valve stem on of the tire was started to scratch against the ride which that require to swap out inner-tube

I don't know if you tried this or not, but I wanted to mention that a few times I've had this happen and was able to push the valve stem into a better position (so it doesn't hit the inside of the wheel housing). I've never needed to swap out the inner tube for this problem.

19 hours ago, Henry Pang said:

I felt like I have long way to go before I can ride it in public.

That's normal! I practiced 30 minutes per day for about a month before I was ready to ride in public! Even then, I fell frequently for weeks thereafter! When I say "fell," it wasn't usually me actually falling onto the ground, but rather the wheel falling and me running off of it. Many people learn faster than I did, but many people also need a long time to learn like I did.

32 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

I don't know if you tried this or not, but I wanted to mention that a few times I've had this happen and was able to push the valve stem into a better position (so it doesn't hit the inside of the wheel housing). I've never needed to swap out the inner tube for this problem.

When I realized at first, I wasn't even thinking of checking the valve stem might be hitting inside of the wheel housing until a couple of hours later when it was much noticeable that something was scratching against unit, by the time I checked valve stem, it was already badly damage. 

30 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

That's normal! I practiced 30 minutes per day for about a month before I was ready to ride in public! Even then, I fell frequently for weeks thereafter! When I say "fell," it wasn't usually me actually falling onto the ground, but rather the wheel falling and me running off of it. Many people learn faster than I did, but many people also need a long time to learn like I did.

I plan to ride it between 30 minutes to an hour per day as soon as I get my V3S back, I hope once I can get a little better at it, riding the unit won't be too much of work out session for me. Currently at least base on my last 2 practice session which each one about an hour long, I was starting to sweat 15 minutes into my practice session. I plan to ride it to work which is a little over 3 miles from my home. It will be quite impractical if every time I ride the unit I will need to take a shower afterward.

Oh yeah I remember the practice sweats.  :unsure:  Don't worry - they disappear with time, but I find that you might still sweat a little over longer distances.  Maybe it's just my jacket, but I do have a slight back sweat after a 15 km roll.  Although you're not doing a huge amount of physical activity one you get proficient at riding, you still do need to flex and maintain balance so that effort does result in some energy burned off resulting in some perspiration.

48 minutes ago, Henry Pang said:

I've got close to 2000 km commuting on my V3 and I can promise you that since it is twinwheel you will pretty much stand up sleeping your way to work early in the mornings. No sweating at all.

Hi,

I almost fell asleep on a onewheel euc, it did made me do some weird snaky movements though...and I can't stay up stil when the wheel is not moving ^^

I tried a double wheel (not sure if it was a Q3 or a V3), I found it hard to turn, but surprinsingly stable at slow speeds, if feels almost like a segway without hands.

On 22 July 2016 at 10:49 AM, Henry Pang said:

Have anyone else ride the Inmotion V3S, if yes how long does it take you to practice before you are ready to ride in public sidewalk?

General rule when you're learning is that the slower you go, the harder it is - especially when it comes to the quick speed changes and subtle, mini slaloms you'll need to master if you're weaving around  heavy groups of people moving all around you.

It will be the last thing you master (excluding tricks), and will come AFTER you have mastered what you might think are harder achievements, like zooming at top speed up and down roads, slaloming in and out of sparse groups of people and day-to-day obstacles. ?

It's true the slower you go the harder it is, except for double wheels EUC ? Because when I rode on one of them, I was having a hard time when at speed, but not when almost not moving.
Plus in general, the thing is the greater the speed, the greater the fear of falling, but the slower the speed the harder it is to not fall, contraversial ^^

11 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

It's true the slower you go the harder it is, except for double wheels EUC ? Because when I rode on one of them, I was having a hard time when at speed, but not when almost not moving.
Plus in general, the thing is the greater the speed, the greater the fear of falling, but the slower the speed the harder it is to not fall, contraversial ^^

I guess, although by definition those two-wheelers aren't eucs

12 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

General rule when you're learning is that the slower you go, the harder it is - especially when it comes to the quick speed changes and subtle, mini slaloms you'll need to master if you're weaving around  heavy groups of people moving all around you.

It will be the last thing you master (excluding tricks), and will come AFTER you have mastered what you might think are harder achievements, like zooming at top speed up and down roads, slaloming in and out of sparse groups of people and day-to-day obstacles. ?

That might be the case, I was trying to practice in my garage and small back road outside my garage which I can't go very far without having to turn my V3S around. I thought it will be better since it was secluded without having to worry ran into anyone. I should probably practice at larger open space.

15 hours ago, Henry Pang said:

It will be quite impractical if every time I ride the unit I will need to take a shower afterward.

I find on hot summer days I do need a shower afterward. However, the severity of the need is much less than if I had pedaled my bicycle for the same distance. I don't ride my EUC to work, but I think you could do it if you keep some Dude Wipes in your office.

https://www.amazon.com/Dude-Wipes-Flushable-Singles-Travel/dp/B008LXBZF2/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?s=boost&srs=12034488011&ie=UTF8&qid=1469313663&sr=1-1&keywords=dude+wipes

12 hours ago, Pingouin said:

the greater the speed, the greater the fear of falling, but the slower the speed the harder it is to not fall

I agree completely, but at slower speeds, when you do fall, you can land on your feet easier.;)

I've noticed that after more riding experience, riding slowly seems to become easier automatically. The main times I slow down to a very slow speed are when people are crowding the sidewalk and at street crossings when waiting for traffic to clear or a traffic signal to change.

Archived