I've not seen any particular reference online to the "suspension" setting in the app, and although everyone else but me may be very clear on what it does, I found myself asking the Segway people on Amazon what it does.

Here's their very clear reply -

Segway Distribution - North America answered:

"The suspension setting will affect how "stiff" the Segway miniPRO is while you ride. This is most noticeable when you come to stops at higher speeds.

As the suspension value nears 100, you will notice that more pressure on your heels/toes is necessary when slowing down. As the suspension value nears 0, you will notice that less pressure on your heels/toes is necessary when slowing down. Lower suspension setting makes the miniPRO more fluid and agile. Higher suspension setting makes the miniPRO more rigid and stiff."

So in essence this is front/back lean sensitivity, and is similar to the steering sensitivity, which is left/right sensitivity.

The weather here at present is pretty poor, but as soon as it clears up a bit I'm planning to try out this adjustment (which you see if you turn off auto suspension sensitivity).  Seems to me that it could be quite important in tweaking the "feel" of the whole thing.  But it may affect how leanback feels or works, so I shall be careful to begin with!  I half wonder whether some of the reports of people actually being thrown off by leanback have messed with the sensitivity setting without being clear on how it works.

If this is all old, well-known news, sorry!  But someone might be interested.

Well, today it stopped raining for a while, and in the freezing cold I tried variations of the "suspension" and "steering" settings.  Maybe I quit too soon, but after a short while I decided to set both back to "automatic" (whether that's really automatic, as in self-adjusting, or just preset to the middle value I don't know) as the downsides of variations seemed to exceed upsides.  For instance, if I set the "suspension" to a high value, I liked the feel, but found it hard to stop!  Anyway, nothing to stop me trying variations again another day, if I feel motivated

Archived