Ninebot One S2 vs InMotion V5F+

houseofjob

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Oh my god, this is so exciting.  All thats missing is a bigger battery for heavier guys like me. Can someone make that happen?

Well - just purchase second (or more) battery pack and swap them around? I guess it will be "pull-able" from the opposite side of the trolley handle?

While I like the integrated trolley handle (although asymmetrically placed on other hand it will work better for lefties ;) ) I thing the lights are way too much :( It might be popular in China and so on but most "Westerners" are much more conservative and prefer to ride something NOT looking like a circus. Frankly I'm quite disappointed by the design especially comparing to V5F(+) ... If the lights cannot be turned off IM lost the customer in me. At least the battery pack looks like 20S2P LG MH1 but only 1.5A charger (most likely same as V5F) is way subpar. Even the cheapest wheels today gets at least 1.75A, most even 2A though indeed it's 84V so it's about 126W (while 2A charger at 67.2V is 134.4W). Luckily there is plenty 84V / 4 - 6 A chargers at Aliexpress so that would be a solution until @Jason McNeil includes fast charger with IM wheels as well. Kinda feel let down now - sigh.

Also - the amount of LEDs in the photos seems to differ from renderings where each subring have 14 LEDs (so in total 168) while on pictures it looks much less.

i agree eith @HEC that the aesthetic design is a bit of a let down overall, especially compared to V5. Yes the lights are too much but for me its not a deal braker - i can always cover them up with something. Much more important to have a good performance wheel/ specs.  I like it that the handle is on the side, not that much for convenience of rolling it but more for convencien e of disassembling. This must be a heck lot easier to take apart and replace than the one spanning across both sides.

yes i am sure the charger issue can be gotten around. Its great thatthe battery is decent size and can be easily swappable, and dont get me wrong, this will seal the deal for many. I liked it that the wheel is nit too heavy even though the motor is piwerful and the battery size is decent. But carrying a battery with me is still not the same as having it built in.  It does add to the carying weight and means i have to have a back pack. Also, to carry alk that energy right behind your back and neck may be a bit of a risk. What if i fall and tumble over with the battery on my shoulders?i mean, i have fallen several times in the past and took pretty bad tumbles.  I dont really want to subject the battery to hard knocks, who knows what coukd happen.

interesting how they are keeping the temperature below 55 and if such low threshold means that heavier guys like me will make it overheat easily.

otherwise, it appears inmotion is making a fast entrance into the powerful / high battery capacity euc market and they got a lot to show for it

28 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yes the lights are too much but for me its not a deal braker - i can always cover them up with something

Or just disconnect them all together as long as the casing would look acceptable with the lights off. Quoted range of 45 - 50 Km is indeed unrealistic for "normal" Western riders. Taking that I can ride 840Wh KS-16 which weights about the same to 55 - 60 Km max on flat with optimal weather conditions don't expect V8 to go further than 25 - 28 Km tops. Considering that I'm already running short with KS-16 on leisure rides ending occasionally pushing the wheel last few hundred meters home I'd need "permanently" to carry the second pack and even then I might not reach the same range as you can't discharge two separate 480Wh packs to same level as one 840Wh.

I wonder if Jason might be supplying the fast charger with the V8+ units.  Maybe hold on until Jason confirms the specifications before passing judgement too quickly.  It looks like he has some pull to request certain features so be patient and see what he says on Monday!

I bet the wheel has a setting to turn off the lights, and looking at the cover, it's probably a smoked black plastic so when they are off you'd likely not even notice they are there.  I am a little concerned that the side panel where the trolley handle is looks to be a solid plastic casing instead of the soft leg padding.  There also looks to be a sharp edge on the top part.  I wonder if that might dig into one's leg over bumps, etc.  Adding cushion padding there would make that area stick out even more...

Maybe an alternative design could have been to incorporate the soft padding into the side of the handle and cut out a section where it can slide into place similar to what the cushion looks like on the V5F+ wheel. 

13 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I am a little concerned that the side panel where the trolley handle is looks to be a solid plastic casing instead of the soft leg padding.  There also looks to be a sharp edge on the top part.  I wonder if that might dig into one's leg over bumps, etc.  Adding cushion padding there would make that area stick out even more...

Maybe an alternative design could have been to incorporate the soft padding into the side of the handle and cut out a section where it can slide into place similar to what the cushion looks like on the V5F+ wheel. 

It's hard to say from those two quick snapshots but looking at the first picture more closely the side "bump" might be actually from some kind of soft material, maybe silicon coated?

I am happy because this wheel doesn´t fit my needs - to heavy and UFO-like. As @HEC already mentioned, it overshoots with lights and looks like a circus . I 100% agree. But this strengthen my decision I made to get the V5. However, for heavy riders, this wheel might be the better choice. 45-50km with the same battery size as the V5F+ is absolutely unrealistic in my eyes...

@HEC Yes I see what you mean.  I wonder if that could be a reflection of something off the shiny plastic though as it doesn't look like a cushion.  In any case, I'm sure Jason will hopefully provide some more photos once the official release is announced pretty soon!  I bet with the three light rings they've probably have some pretty cool lighting effects preprogrammed.  I can't wait to see a video!

4 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

I am happy because this wheel doesn´t fit my needs - to heavy and UFO-like. As @HEC already mentioned, it overshoots with lights and looks like a circus . I 100% agree. But this strengthen my decision I made to get the V5. However, for heavy riders, this wheel might be the better choice. 45-50km with the same battery size as the V5F+ is absolutely unrealistic in my eyes...

I never look at the advertised range. Its never correct, i always look at the battery size only. It appears that the distance for same battery capacity is oretty much consistent across different manufacturers

4 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

@HEC Yes I see what you mean.  I wonder if that could be a reflection of something off the shiny plastic though as it doesn't look like a cushion.  In any case, I'm sure Jason will hopefully provide some more photos once the official release is announced pretty soon!  I bet with the three light rings they've probably have some pretty cool lighting effects preprogrammed.  I can't wait to see a video!

There should be a cushion there on top. But it reflects light. Plastic cannot be a cushion. Maybe coated like @HEC said. Or maybe its a plastic cover over a cushion, not sure why its needed, maybe just to complete the overall shiny futuristic look and attract a buyer? Ince you take off the cover you are never putting it back on again

1 minute ago, noze02 said:

Official pics and details in Chinese in the website below:

http://shop.imscv.com/getGoodsInfo?goodsInfoId=62&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0

Obviously these are the press promo pics, but the wheel looks much better here than the leaked photos IMO!

Plus 6" high pedals, love it!

Maybe the problem is that the expectations were so high.

Anyway even there are some points that can be improved (I'm also on the side that does not like so many LED lights and want a little larger battery) and also nobody knows how it will perform on the long term (as is a new product) I think I will make my preorder tonight.

Looking at the specs , having ridden a V5F before and after the comments of some friend that have already tried it I think this can be the perfect replacement for my ninebot.

1 hour ago, noze02 said:

Some picture from yesterday meeting in Shenzhen:

QQ Photo20160725220141.jpg

Thanks for those photos and the video!  From this photo it looks like the top plastic trolley handle housing curves inwards slightly so that top edge might not be a problem at all.  Applying a little cushion probably would be fine there as the whole circular case curves inwards so that top part doesn't stick out very much.  I just wonder how durable that translucent light cover is over the long run.  As it's curved it might not receive that much damage during falls... The light effects actually look pretty cool if you're into that.  The pedals appear to be longer than the ones on the V5F+.

The logic, I'm assuming, for the lower capacity battery pack is that a new one can be swapped in in less than a minute. 

If I were responsible for the design, I would have advocated using the same handle as the V5F & use the internal space for 60 instead of 40 cells.

The specifications on the the battery pack are identical to the V5F+, with 40x MH1 cells. I'm in discussions about the possibility of a fast(er) charger than the 1.25A one that now comes as standard.
Some of the more interesting innovations of the Wheel are the use of exotic materials in the motor's construction, & a properly fitted massive heat-sink—look at the size of this beast!  

Removable pack.jpg

Components.jpg

While many of us may not be so mesmerized by the bling LEDs, let's not forget that contributors of this forum represented like 0.01% of the general population. To the average consumer, LEDs play a far more vital element to a decision to part with their cash than any performance related stat. 

Archived