Ninebot One S2 vs InMotion V5F+

houseofjob

17 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Bound by solemn oath not to disclose details, but can say A) the guess about it being a 16" is correct, B) on paper, the specs are very good, C) this is the product announcement, actual release might be a month or a couple months away.

Even more excited now :):wub:, thanks @Jason McNeil

Really wondering if to go for the KS16 bargain or wait.. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

When one LED light ring just won't do... InMotion V8 now with 3 LED rings!  Is there going to be a Jason McNeil special edition V8+?  :wub:

Nice, always wanted an EUC with the WiFi antenna symbol!

Wow, they let the cat out of the bag already!

45 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

When one LED light ring just won't do... InMotion V8 now with 3 LED rings!  Is there going to be a Jason McNeil special edition V8+?  :wub:

Someone in the Consumer Research Dept probably said,  "is the Ninebot One popular because of the LED rings? We'll install three rings then, a personalized Time Square!" 

Don't worry, it's not just dazzle, there's some properly good new innovations underneath. If it lives up to the promises I've seen on paper, this will be the new benchmark by which many Wheels will be measured against.

@Jason McNeil Nice...at least Apple waits about year before introducing a new IPhone!

When my new V5F+ arrives Monday the first thing I'm going to do is Velcro a bunch of Christmas lights on the shells and add a big InMotion 'SCV' logo ?

If they offer a JM special edition V8+ with optional larger pedals we'll have another winner here.  I think people just want a reliable wheel that works.  There's too many that overheat, intermittantly cut-off, have defects, and blown fuses.  When people are spending around $1000 for these wheels they should be getting a quality product for the money that has been well tested and can handle their weight and size.  I honestly hope these V series wheels live up to everyone's expectations!

13 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

If they offer a JM special edition V8+ with optional larger pedals we'll have another winner here.  I think people just want a reliable wheel that works.  There's too many that overheat, intermittantly cut-off, have defects, and blown fuses.  When people are spending around $1000 for these wheels they should be getting a quality product for the money that has been well tested and can handle their weight and size.  I honestly hope these V series wheels live up to everyone's expectations!

And a special Cloud'd edition with 1000w motor and 1000wh battery would be nice

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Wow, they let the cat out of the bag already!

Someone in the Consumer Research Dept probably said,  "is the Ninebot One popular because of the LED rings? We'll install three rings then, a personalized Time Square!" 

Don't worry, it's not just dazzle, there's some properly good new innovations underneath. If it lives up to the promises I've seen on paper, this will be the new benchmark by which many Wheels will be measured against.

It looks really very promising, once they release it tomorrow I will decide If to be one of the first users of the new Inmotion V8 or go for the bargain KS16

Cannot wait:wub:

I like these LEDs.  One of the reasons I bought E+ were LEDs and they are the only component that do not work.  I am limited in what colors can I choose.

This new InMotion wheel looks great, I'm waiting for it, for more info.

But also - in this topic:

there is a list of brands that do not actively try to kill you.  InMotion is in the "less dangerous" section:
"Inmotion - Could be safe. Awaiting answers from manufacturer."

Does anybody have any more updated information about it?  @Jason McNeil maybe you know?

Just now, Fahrtwind said:

80km with V5F+ and still alive :D

Do you know what the tire width is on the v5+? (I.e. 1.75/1.90/2 etc). 

I don't mind going down to a 14inch but a little concerned about a tire that's too narrow. I've got too used to the cushy 2.5 of my Lhotz 

And I've done 133 km. I haven't gone out of my way to try to make the EUC falter, but I've been riding rather aggressively at times and have never felt unsecure about its capabilities. I will try to see how it behaves on low battery later today.

1 minute ago, Paddylaz said:

Do you know what the tire width is on the v5+? (I.e. 1.75/1.90/2 etc). 

I don't mind going down to a 14inch but a little concerned about a tire that's too narrow. I've got too used to the cushy 2.5 of my Lhotz 

The tire is 1.95 inches wide.

21 minutes ago, thefork said:

And I've done 133 km. I haven't gone out of my way to try to make the EUC falter, but I've been riding rather aggressively at times and have never felt unsecure about its capabilities. I will try to see how it behaves on low battery later today.

The tire is 1.95 inches wide.

Nice. That's actually pretty thick for a 14incher - wider than the Ninebot e+/p ?

On 7/22/2016 at 6:45 AM, Fahrtwind said:

Well there are more promotion pictures available in the app! I am pretty sure Inmotion will show us a new wheel! 16" maybe? :huh: I am definitely curious what they will present!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From the second pix about the removable batteries, it looks like a battery box holding many 18650s. I guess you can open the box, put in or remove batteries, and close the box with some screws. This makes battery pack maintenance easy. The best part is that you can take out the batteries from the UC and take them with you during air ravel. Airlines do not want you to take big battery pack with you, but you can take bunch of individual 18650s, am I right? If my guess is right, I wonder about the reliability of such battery pack because there are so many spring loaded contacts.

The fire safty of the battery pack is better than current heat shrink wrapped ones because each cell can be separated by plastics and vent holes can be on one side so that one battery explosion will not cause chain reaction on others.

5 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

The next InMotion will just cover every bit of the case in LEDs and you can light them up to choose your color. :rolleyes:

Put LED screens on both sides so that you can display any image you like on them. I can rent the side out to display commercials. Maybe I can make money while riding this way. Hi, McDonald, I can put your big M on if you pay this $$$ rent.

2 hours ago, EUCMania said:

I wonder about the reliability of such battery pack because there are so many spring loaded contacts.

I really doubt the batteries are placed in through a spring loaded setup, as EUC's have regular impact, and the spring elasticity goes down over time....

They just present the wheel in Shenzhen today, and even I was not able to go I have some pictures and the specs (sorry they ask me not to share it....)

I'm pretty sure the Inmotion V8 is going to be my next wheel, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Tomorrow more news :wub::wub:

From the second pix about the removable batteries, it looks like a battery box holding many 18650s. I guess you can open the box, put in or remove batteries, and close the box with some screws. This makes battery pack maintenance easy. The best part is that you can take out the batteries from the UC and take them with you during air ravel. Airlines do not want you to take big battery pack with you, but you can take bunch of individual 18650s, am I right? If my guess is right, I wonder about the reliability of such battery pack because there are so many spring loaded contacts.

The fire safty of the battery pack is better than current heat shrink wrapped ones because each cell can be separated by plastics and vent holes can be on one side so that one battery explosion will not cause chain reaction on others.

I doubt there will be individual / removable cells. That would be highly unreliable and also increase the cost. IMO it's just common PR computer rendered exploded image of the removable battery pack. I just wish they'll include high capacity packs using the same cells as @Jason McNeil's V5F+ ...

@EUCMania I like the idea of a LED Display Screen! In addition to video you could have the led screen connected to a Musicial Instrument Digital Interface (midi) and your leds could then be synchronized to the beat of the music.

Come to think of it, just rings of LED lights on the shells could easily be configured for that. That would be a nice NB1 upgrade!

Archived