houseofjob

Ninebot One S2 vs InMotion V5F+

Great comparison. Thank you for your time and effort. I'm a Ninebot owner but kind of leaning towards InMotion.

• Upvote 2

Thanks @Planetpapi @thefork !!

My wallet desperately wanted to not like the V5F+ (this will be my fifth EUC purchase), but ultimately, it lost out haha~ (a shiny white V5F+ from eWheels.com ordered and processing!). Will be interesting to see if I utilize the S2 enough to keep it (Ninebot, it's so hard to quit you!), but for now, it will stay in my EUC stable as my over-priced, TSA-approved travel wheel.

And Wow, as a first wheel, the V5F+ is a beast! Combined with @Jason McNeil / eWheels.com's A+ support (can't emphasize that enough from past horror stories), I can't imagine a better EUC purchasing experience anywhere else in the world. Enjoy! (I know I will~)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

, but I love how the V5F+ has gone a step further to make the bottom edge of the shell fold up (with a firm yank) so you can easily access the tire valve without an extension for inflating.

Me too!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Me too!

Yes, absolutely! It's interesting, the fact that all of the things you brought up here, @houseofjob, are things that I will be taking for granted. It will make life more difficult when the time for buying my next wheel comes. 

• Upvote 2

Great review @houseofjob. It carries even more value because you preferred another wheel to one of yours. It speaks volumes for the quality and attractiveness of v5f

• Upvote 3

@Rehab1 Ha thanks! And it's my 5th wheels purchased, not kept FYI. (see my sig) No spouse yet here, so getting all my bachelor-fun in now~ Maybe you can dress up the wheels as Chanel bags? ; )

@Cloud Thanks, my loyalties in this EUC market are only to progress. InMotion looks promising, so long as they keep pushing the innovation envelope, with help of one @Jason McNeil of course~

Now can I get an 20" model with quick-release batteries and solar charging panels?

Edited by houseofjob
Edit
  • Upvote 2

@houseofjob This is a really nice, objective comparison of the two wheels! Thank you. First after ordering I had remorse as there were so little information available about this model. They were blown away in that moment I opened the box (before riding it!). Seems inmotion think thoughts to an end. There are so many little things that makes this wheel a to a winner...

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, houseofjob said:

My wallet desperately wanted to not like the V5F+ (this will be my fifth EUC purchase), but ultimately, it lost out haha~ (a shiny white V5F+ from eWheels.com ordered and processing!).

I'm kinda failing to resist to have V5F+ as my fifth wheel as well ...

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@houseofjob Congratulations on your purchase!

5 Wheels! Not sure if your married but if so can you please ask your wife to call mine and discuss that having more wheels in the family is a good thing?

Group session anyone? :D 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the review @houseofjob , very objective and with many detail!!

It was exactly what I was waiting for as I'm currently deciding which will be my next wheel and I'm really interested in both models.

I was nearly decided to go for the V5D (is the equivalent of the V5F in China or it seems so). But know my decision is even more difficult as seems Inmotion will present a new model on next Monday in China with interchangeable battery and I find the KS16 (680Wh) new for 3000RMB (450USD) in a crowfunding website here, I still cannot believe it (:wub:)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, noze02 said:

But know my decision is even more difficult as seems Inmotion will present a new model on next Monday in China with interchangeable battery

Do you have any source or more info? All I saw was some promo picture mentioning the date:

Edited by HEC

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

Do you have any source or more info? All I saw was some promo picture mentioning the date:

Not really, just 2 pictures with comments in chinese, but in the second one they talk about interchangeable batteries if I'm not confused so it seems like a new model....

mmexport1469063117369.jpg

mmexport1469063120748.jpg

7 minutes ago, noze02 said:

Not really, just 2 pictures with comments in chinese, but in the second one they talk about interchangeable batteries if I'm not confused so it seems like a new model....

Could it be "new" or "upgraded" batteries and hence referring to V5F+ maybe? Maybe @Jason McNeil or @tinawong can give us a bit of hint in advance? :unsure: The first picture is the same in English in the link above.

Edited by HEC

Just now, HEC said:

Could it be "new" or "upgraded" batteries and hence referring to V5F+ maybe?

Yes it could be an upgrade of the V5F, but I think it needs a mayor redesign to have removable batteries, so maybe is more probable to be a new model?

For the V5F+ I think is an exclusive improved model for @Jason McNeil

• Upvote 1

Well there are more promotion pictures available in the app! I am pretty sure Inmotion will show us a new wheel! 16" maybe? :huh: I am definitely curious what they will present!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fahrtwind
  • Upvote 1

How can they to this to us?! I can't afford another wheel right away! 

Well - then I'll wait till Monday for the Big announcement ;)

3 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

@houseofjob This is a really nice, objective comparison of the two wheels! Thank you. First after ordering I had remorse as there were so little information available about this model. They were blown away in that moment I opened the box (before riding it!). Seems inmotion think thoughts to an end. There are so many little things that makes this wheel a to a winner...

Thanks!, and I didn't even realize it stands on its own and has a rear mudguard (been wanting this for my KS-18A as my butt / backpack always gets splashed on in the rain). Chock full of features, love it!

Edited by houseofjob
edit
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Bound by solemn oath not to disclose details, but can say A) the guess about it being a 16" is correct, B) on paper, the specs are very good, C) this is the product announcement, actual release might be a month or a couple months away.

Ahh this is excellent just what I was looking for!  I don't mind waiting a few months since I'm not ready to retire my V3 just yet, wants to see what 1radwerkstatt can do about my batterypack first, but then I'm ready to purchase a kickass 16" inmotion wheel from @Jason McNeil! ?

• Upvote 1

@houseofjobThis has been the best review/comparison I've read on this forums. Excellent job with description of both wheels and categorization of topics.

For everyone's info.. I'm 130 lbs (59 kg), 5'6 ft, 8.5 inch shoes (US size).

Edited by fearedbliss
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

@houseofjobThis has been the best review/comparison I've read on this forums. Excellent job with description of both wheels and categorization of topics.

For everyone's info.. I'm 130 lbs (59 kg), 5'6 ft, 8.5 inch shoes (US size).

Thanks! Figured I should make it ADD-friendly, as it was getting kinda long...

• Upvote 2