KS16 Folded twice under me during "standing" take off

HEC

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

The Problem was at least also on KS18.....i have reproduced it about a 5-8 times....NOW with 1.21 it is gone! thats also mentioned in the 1.21 changelog!

stopped the "start from standstill" fault

Would you mind explaining what do you based your above  statement on?? If it's just on the poor Chinese to English translation of the "fix" then I disagree ... As already mentioned in several threads here it's addressing the issue where there is no power / balancing right after powering the wheel (few second), not the major standing take-off problem ...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, vido said:

Would you say it's safe to update to 1.21?

It so far doesn't seems to be "unsafe" and it also depends on what FW you are currently. The additional side LED mode are not worth it  though option to switch them off completely might be as well as saving of the light mode and flashing mode. The biggest con of v1.21 seems to be so far even worse miscalculation of the driven distance bug which (at least for my KS-16) increased by half from former +24% to new +36% :( 

11 hours ago, HEC said:

Would you mind explaining what do you based your above  statement on?? If it's just on the poor Chinese to English translation of the "fix" then I disagree ... As already mentioned in several threads here it's addressing the issue where there is no power / balancing right after powering the wheel (few second), not the major standing take-off problem ...

the debate was always if its just from direct start or also can happen after 3-60 seconds after moving the wheel by hand...

as the communtiy, you and others found out its not only in the first 3 seconds, also later it can happen...

so for me...its just that this fault was never described really properly...it never was only a 3 second problem, more a problem of the "first lean in" after powering on

after updating to 1.21 i -what ever- can not reproduce the fault anymore...before -1.20- i could do easily!

11 hours ago, HEC said:

It so far doesn't seems to be "unsafe" and it also depends on what FW you are currently. The additional side LED mode are not worth it  though option to switch them off completely might be as well as saving of the light mode and flashing mode. The biggest con of v1.21 seems to be so far even worse miscalculation of the driven distance bug which (at least for my KS-16) increased by half from former +24% to new +36% :( 

i would suggest it is safe to update, better doing it, than not doing it :-)

ok, they increased the miscalculation of the distance bug? only heard that once now..but at all a minor fault to me...

They put away the "lean in fault"...make an better motor driver, which give people more max lift speed, and also put away some other small faults like bluetooth speaking, light remembering etc...

so as more experience and feedback are needed, and no "safety problems" have been reported by first updaters, i would recommened to update....

I updated my KS16 to 1.21, 50km so far no issues, the settings (voice, lights) stay where I set them. Only drawback the higher depreciation of my EUC due to the higher mileage, but for a safer riding it's no issue (trusting by Word the better motor driver) ;) 

58 minutes ago, vido said:

Just updated to 1.21 haven't tested the ride yet but the aux button can no longer be used to turn on and off the front/rear lights.

Yep - another lovely bug:

Hey all! I had the same issues. Did not read all here. I figured out that I just had the issue on Fw 1.20. Since I downgraded to 1.18, no problems any more. But yes, I think it's how we start on the wheel. At the beginning I was not really able to start in the rolling mode. Just standing. Since I'm always trying to start rolling, I guess it's away. On traffic lights I do one time back before going forward and start not with full speed. 

Before when I had this issue, the wheel said "overpowered". I read that some people had the same directly after full charged. And as far as I remember it was the same every time just in the morning after having a full charged wheel. 

Emanuel

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Berty said:

Hi all! Today my KS16 fw1.20 folded on me to. I usually don't do take off from standstill but today I did. It actually did not fold completely because I managed to step down with one leg.

Berty

UPdate to newer Firmware...then it is gone!

6 hours ago, OliverH said:

Wasn't there an issue with the light steering? There was something that I didn't do the update, I can't remember what.

I think with v1.21 the light mode you set will be saved (as opposed to the firmware you are using now) but in v1.22 the fault is back again...

Just now, flass said:

I think with v1.21 the light mode you set will be saved (as opposed to the firmware you are using now) but in v1.22 the fault is back again...

And it only shows the 1.22 if Ilke to update? Why do this people never really test the sh** they deploy to their customers? Reputation? Binding customers to buy also again from the same manufacturer?

9 minutes ago, OliverH said:

And it only shows the 1.22 if Ilke to update? Why do this people never really test the sh** they deploy to their customers? Reputation? Binding customers to buy also again from the same manufacturer?

Evidently it's not completely random, I asked KS about this last evening, received the below response. Somehow saving the LED light mode & AUX button are inextricably connected...

"For V1.21, we did add memory function to light control on all models.
However, we found that due to the limit of the hardware, there is some issues when we add the memory functions, the auxiliary button will loose function, so we changed back." 

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

Evidently it's not completely random, I asked KS about this last evening, received the below response. Somehow saving the LED light mode & AUX button are inextricably connected...

However, we found that due to the limit of the hardware, there is some issues when we add the memory functions, the auxiliary button will loose function, so we changed back." 

interesting, thanks for sharing this! If I could decide myself I'd opt for saving LED mode before a working aux button any day. I never use the aux button.

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Thanks for the info. What is the light switch/ app behaviour if I install the 1.22? Can i switch light with the button or is it running in automatic mode? Or do I need the app to switch on the light?

2 minutes ago, flass said:

interesting, thanks for sharing this! If I could decide myself I'd opt for saving LED mode before a working aux button any day. I never use the aux button.

There was a thread sometime back on how to go about downgrading to earlier firmware version.

I need to make a project that has step-by-step instructions with links to the major FW releases, post on the site...

7 minutes ago, OliverH said:

What is the light switch/ app behaviour if I install the 1.22?

From what I understand, functioning AUX, but LED head settings don't stick (defaults to ambient sensor).

53 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

This is no new information...this "excuse" was mentioned here by me way earlier!

At this time HEC answered to that Kingsong statement, that this is total bullshit, as to remember a lightsetting it needs ONE Bit!

i absolutly have to agree on this....

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

This is no new information...this "excuse" was mentioned here by me way earlier!

At this time HEC answered to that Kingsong statement, that this is total bullshit, as to remember a lightsetting it needs ONE Bit!

i absolutly have to agree on this....

We don't have access to their code, seems improbably but there you go, that's their statement on the matter.

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

Thanks for the info. What is the light switch/ app behaviour if I install the 1.22? Can i switch light with the button or is it running in automatic mode? Or do I need the app to switch on the light?

The AUX button works (for controlling the light modes) ONLY if you don't touch the light settings via mobile app after powering the wheel. The light mode is again not saved and will revert to "Auto" after next power up.

57 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Just for my interest:  Why one would NOT use "Auto" mode ?

Anyone wanting (or required by law) to have lights on all the time or being annoyed by lights turning off and on as you pass the shadows or street light bright spots and so on ;)

• 1 month later...
On 28.7.2016 at 4:00 PM, jesi said:

Sadly, i join this club also :(

I will chat a bit with Tina first, before i write here more what i experienced just a moment ago and what was outcome of that...........

Sorry guys, had no time to play with forums and my ks18.

It has been running good for some time now, but not so much kilometers runned, lack o time.

I have top plate with cooling fan (taped because temp here is now low and raining), new style control board.

So far, no problems.

Archived