PS it's July, awfully quiet

jer

On 10/11/2016 at 2:21 PM, Questor said:

Hello Rehab.

We did send several messages back and fourth and I do have an email saying they will return my funds in 15 days. But that was September 30th and I have not received the refund yet.

Q~

Hope you paid by credit card.

Time to open a dispute

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Questor said:

Hello Rehab.

We did send several messages back and fourth and I do have an email saying they will return my funds in 15 days. But that was September 30th and I have not received the refund yet.

Q~

Did this get sorted out for you?

10 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Did this get sorted out for you?

Yes - after 21 days, and two separate requests, I did eventually get a refund.

I should have my Mavic Pro on Wednesday, and the Passport Hovering Camera next week as well.

Too Many drones.  Is this a problem?

Q~

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Blackwheel Jack said:

Video posted on YouTube 24 November.... are they still alive?

They are still being advertised on uniwheel.co.uk and Proj42.co.uk.

Maybe they're trying to bore out the shell to make room for a bigger battery.....? :)

https://youtu.be/j8fJ7c-hPNw

The Uniwheel is scheduled to be released at a simultaneous press conference along with Trump's tax returns.......

• 5 weeks later...

If it sometimes seems like I'm having a go.....this pic from the FAQ on their website is kinda why. I despise arrogance, especially when it is delivered alongside the usual vaporware attitude where the technique is to simply not update prospective customers. I mean seriously, you don't think people who want to give you their money deserve honest updates?

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 8.43.04 pm.png

2 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

If it sometimes seems like I'm having a go.....this pic from the FAQ on their website is kinda why. I despise arrogance, especially when it is delivered alongside the usual vaporware attitude where the technique is to simply not update prospective customers. I mean seriously, you don't think people who want to give you their money deserve honest updates?

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 8.43.04 pm.png

You "forgot" to mention that the next sentence is "Yes, you can cancel your pre-order at any time." And then: "Send an email with your details to info@uniwheel.co.uk and we will make a full refund." This indicates to me that the first sentence was irony, and your interpretation is certainly not the only one.

33 minutes ago, Mono said:

You "forgot" to mention that the next sentence is "Yes, you can cancel your pre-order at any time."

I agree, it was intended as humor. Sadly, however, nothing has happened to support a realistic belief that this wheel will ever be produced.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

You "forgot" to mention that the next sentence is "Yes, you can cancel your pre-order at any time." And then: "Send an email with your details to info@uniwheel.co.uk and we will make a full refund." This indicates to me that the first sentence was irony, and your interpretation is certainly not the only one.

No I didn't 'forget' to mention (I assume you mean: 'try and deceive').  Obviously there was more information afterwards. Nothing is stopping anyone from going there themselves to have a look.

My objection is to the glib nature of it all. Especially as not one of these wheels has made it to production. The FAQ where this is located has been there for literally months and has not changed at all (with the exception of a few questions having been removed for unknown reasons). 

I think a company should only really be using playful 'banter' like this when it actually seems that they're legitimately DOING SOMETHING. So far they're showing up at the odd car trade show or posting stock photos on Instagram.

Not to mention they're slightly curt reply I seem to remember a few months ago when someone asked for an update - they said something like (I'm paraphrasing) 'we're really busy and don't have time to update you constantly as this is not the only medium we communicate to customers through' (meaning the forum).

I remember that being my first indication something was up. I mean this forum IS the only medium (in the English-speaking arena) for these machines. Other than... Facebook? I don't know. Anyway yeah, to be fair I'm not sure why it's irritated me so. I don't have a pre-order so have no 'dog in this race.' Anyone out there still have a pre-order they're waiting on??

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

I agree, it was intended as humor. Sadly, however, nothing has happened to support a realistic belief that this wheel will ever be produced.

From reading this forum, it seems the only companies with new products are Gotway, Kingsong, Inmotion, and IPS and Ninebot.

Ninebot has the S2 as the newest model, but the OneE+ has not had a firmware update in over a year, it seems they think it is as good as it needs to be.  They have updated the app 3 or 4 times last year though.  I miss the firmware updates, it was fun to get changes to the wheel. 

On 8/7/2016 at 5:24 AM, lizardmech said:

If only firewheel had ripped off the design correctly, the monowheel cover is one piece, while firewheel just cut it in half and have a seam running down the middle like every other EUC

It seems pretty certain that Firewheel is dead, but I have not been able to find out the details.

22 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Sadly, however, nothing has happened to support a realistic belief that this wheel will ever be produced.

We have seen quite a few of them already build and driving around. This I find pretty good support. Apparently something unexpected happened, but whether this will delay or stop mass production is really hard to say without additional information. Say, they found the controller software unsafe and in a too terrible state to be revisable. I don't think that would be an issue they could solve in a week or even a month.

9 minutes ago, Mono said:

We have seen quite a few of them already build and driving around. This I find pretty good support. Apparently something unexpected happened, but whether this will delay or stop mass production is really hard to say without additional information. Say, they found the controller software unsafe and in a too terrible state to be revisable. I don't think that would be an issue they could solve in a week or even a month.

10/10 for optimism  :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

10/10 for optimism  :thumbup:

By now I would say chances are roughly 50/50. I would neither bet against it not for it to still happen.

Just now, Mono said:

By now I would say chances are roughly 50/50. I would neither bet against it not for it to still happen.

Chances of what? Existing? The longer they leave it without further promotion/information, the less credible a business model it is.

They've left it so long that it's ALREADY dated hardware. So they no longer have the right to use the 'next generation' language they are bandying about. It's a cluster-fuck of galactic proportions.

7 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Chances of what?

Chances that preorders will be executed in the next 2 years.

7 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

It's a cluster-fuck of galactic proportions.

It's kind of a mystery why you are so infuriated by a potential business to market failure. Isn't this the most normal thing to happen all the time? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, Questor said:

Hello Rehab.

Q~

did you finally get your refund?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2017 at 5:37 PM, Mono said:

Isn't this the most normal thing to happen all the time? 

It's hard to believe, but this fiasco has been dragging on since 2015!

"The Uniwheel is available to preorder in the UK for £990 ($1,500) with an initial run of 99 units."

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/10/9886348/uniwheel-electric-unicycle-rideable-hands-on

Archived