This looks very interesting

Badmojo109

wow knock off of a ninebot but much better plastic

​Cheaper than a ninebot too but look at the specs ... Also how do  you figure the plastic is much better? ninebot looks pretty durable

"Super long endurance 264Wh battery provide you 20km riding journey"  This must be about the first time I see a manufacturer giving pretty much accurate range for the battery size. :D  At least the 264Wh Firewheel battery can take me between 18+ and 23km, and it's been already used for hundreds of cycles, so it's not at full capacity anymore.

It's still apparently just a 350W motor, 15-18km/h max speed and til-back starting at 12km/h, so pretty standard "generic" specs, but larger battery (and 16" wheel?). And of course there has to be the mandatory "Aerial aluminum"-mention, a person working in material sciences once told me that there are over 300 different aluminium-alloys used in airplanes, so pretty much any aluminium-alloy can be called "Aerial/airplane aluminium" ;) 

It's still apparently just a 350W motor, 15-18km/h max speed and til-back starting at 12km/h, so pretty standard "generic" specs, but larger battery (and 16" wheel?). And of course there has to be the mandatory "Aerial aluminum"-mention, a person working in material sciences once told me that there are over 300 different aluminium-alloys used in airplanes, so pretty much any aluminium-alloy can be called "Aerial/airplane aluminium" ;) 

​Lol almost like how a laboratory coat makes things more professional/scientific of course.

And decals up your Horsepower.

Either way I still see the speakers built in as, not needed. Also a battery killer. 

I am thinking for price they are asking for the 528WH Version it is worth taking the risk.  Worse case scenario I could dump it for what I paid for it.

​Even if the wheel isn't otherwise good, but the batteries are good quality and fit, you can always strip them for another wheel  ;)  It's not much more than what I would have to pay for 528Wh (just the batteries) with shipping to Firewheel directly from the factory, although the FW battery compartments are smaller than usual, so you can't fit just any batteries on it.

​Lol almost like how a laboratory coat makes things more professional/scientific of course.

And decals up your Horsepower.

Either way I still see the speakers built in as, not needed. Also a battery killer. 

​Yeah, "aviation/aircraft/airplane aluminium" is pretty much a marketing gimmick... In this case I also doubt it matters much which sort of aluminium alloy the pedals are made of, as I they aren't that big to have much effect on total weight, even if they were made of slightly lighter aluminium alloy, and would expect the hinge bolt to break way before the pedals themselves. Or does anyone know that the pedals would have bent out of shape, fractured or broken into two or more pieces ever? ;)  And they're bound to get scratched, even if they were made of steel or titanium.

I think the speakers might be useful, in the sense that playing music out of them would warn other people of your approach, as the wheels are pretty quiet (unless riding at warning speeds, in which case these usually some sort of beeping), don't know how much battery they suck when used, probably fairly low wattage.

I think the speakers might be useful, in the sense that playing music out of them would warn other people of your approach, as the wheels are pretty quiet (unless riding at warning speeds, in which case these usually some sort of beeping), don't know how much battery they suck when used, probably fairly low wattage.

​It would be interesting to see that wheel cruising around playing mp3 loops of R2-D2 and/or CP-3O. It would certainly draw attention.

Hey Mojo, if you buy that would you mind posting a review? The battery is the star here. You'll be able to go very far, slowly :)

Sure will, I have my first wheel arriving Monday, a TG-T3 for learning if I enjoy riding i will give it to my 16 year old son and buy the F5.  I will review it for sure. In the world of EU's what is considered slow and what would be fast?

In the world of EU's what is considered slow and what would be fast?

​This is probably very opinionated topic, but I'd say the "generics" are the slow ones (usually the top speed seems to be around 15km/h), wheels like IPS and Ninebot could be middle speed (20-24km/h max), and Firewheel and 14" and up Gotways would be "fast" wheels (30+km/h, 40km/h for Gotway 18" MSuper "High Speed"-version).

​This is probably very opinionated topic, but I'd say the "generics" are the slow ones (usually the top speed seems to be around 15km/h), wheels like IPS and Ninebot could be middle speed (20-24km/h max), and Firewheel and 14" and up Gotways would be "fast" wheels (30+km/h, 40km/h for Gotway 18" MSuper "High Speed"-version).

Ok, well I guess for a beginner slow will seem fast at first so after I become a safe rider I may want more speed.  But for now I think distance is more important to me.

I was trying to buy this through TVC-Mall 2-3 weeks ago (before BG had them) but they botched the order (never sent and had a ton of fees and surcharges). Now I have 2 cancelled orders. And $1100 in unrefunded money still. Their customer service is HORRID. Avoid them at all cost. Waiting for my credit card company to retrieve money on my behalf.

BTW Around that time I made the request to BG to carry this model.. and they were looking into it. Guess they went with it.

I ended up getting a generic 264WH model with a supposed 500W motor. They claim the top speed is 23KPH with a beeping around 18kph.  But I still haven't figured out how to ride yet. So no way to verify.

If you're in the Brooklyn/NYC area. Let me know if you want to hook up. I could use some tips and encouragement.

I was trying to buy this through TVC-Mall 2-3 weeks ago (before BG had them) but they botched the order (never sent and had a ton of fees and surcharges). Now I have 2 cancelled orders. And $1100 in unrefunded money still. Their customer service is HORRID. Avoid them at all cost. Waiting for my credit card company to retrieve money on my behalf.

BTW Around that time I made the request to BG to carry this model.. and they were looking into it. Guess they went with it.

I ended up getting a generic 264WH model with a supposed 500W motor. They claim the top speed is 23KPH with a beeping around 18kph.  But I still haven't figured out how to ride yet. So no way to verify.

If you're in the Brooklyn/NYC area. Let me know if you want to hook up. I could use some tips and encouragement.

Good to know about TVC, today is my second day with TG-T3 yesterday I couldn't even get on it lol, today was much better after buying knee,elbow and wrist guard, I guess it made me feel safer so I just went for it using my garage door to help balance. It least I am able to get on and ride about 20 feet now.  Good luck bro.  I can't wait to meet some guys riding in the Chicago area maybe I can get some pointers.

Well day 2 and I am now riding at least 100 yards before losing my balance.  I took my first spill today while going fast for me but I was all geared up so no harm was done, just my pride lol.  I just don't get how you experts need more speed I feel like I was flying on my TG-T3 I guess I don't have anything to compare with but for now this thing is fast enough. Tomorrow is another day and I hope to make it around my subdivision.

Well day 2 and I am now riding at least 100 yards before losing my balance.  I took my first spill today while going fast for me but I was all geared up so no harm was done, just my pride lol.  I just don't get how you experts need more speed I feel like I was flying on my TG-T3 I guess I don't have anything to compare with but for now this thing is fast enough. Tomorrow is another day and I hope to make it around my subdivision.

​I was also very pleased with the speed of my generic at first, couple of weeks later, I was riding it with the pedals tilted all the way and near the shutdown limit all the time, including offroad... which lead to my 3rd fall, going up bumpy and potholed sand/gravel hill at top speed, hard to guess wha'ts going to happen (hint: the wheel shuts down if you overspeed) :D :rolleyes:  ;)

I was also very pleased with the speed of my generic at first, couple of weeks later, I was riding it with the pedals tilted all the way and near the shutdown limit all the time, including offroad... which lead to my 3rd fall, going up bumpy and potholed sand/gravel hill at top speed, hard to guess wha'ts going to happen (hint: the wheel shuts down if you overspeed) :D :rolleyes:  ;)

that just don't make since to me that the designers thought it is a good idea to shut down the EU when you are going top speed, how about just a push back on the pedals to make you slow down!  Sending you into a face plant Is just plain dumb

Maybe ignoring the full tilt back of the pedals and continuing to push for more speed when the wheel is doing all it can to tell you it is at it's limit is "just plain dumb"? :)

People choose to ignore warnings of over speed such as beeping or pedal tilt and then moan about being dumped. This is a continuously repeated theme on both this forum and the facebook pages. I'm just amazed that people are still choosing to ignore the warnings and then being surprised by the results! :)

Hey slappy,

let me know once you get going and maybe we can meet up sometime in NYC? BK is too far for me tho, I commute in from jersey so I'll ahve to catch a bus back home. but yea, my office is in midtown east and depending on where u are, we can ride and meet at a halfway point, maybe grab a beer. BUT only once ur ready for NYC riding; def not the same as riding it in unpopulated suburbs or BK. in the meantime, good luck learning! keep at it, wear protection, and be brave!

Hey slappy,

let me know once you get going and maybe we can meet up sometime in NYC? BK is too far for me tho, I commute in from jersey so I'll ahve to catch a bus back home. but yea, my office is in midtown east and depending on where u are, we can ride and meet at a halfway point, maybe grab a beer. BUT only once ur ready for NYC riding; def not the same as riding it in unpopulated suburbs or BK. in the meantime, good luck learning! keep at it, wear protection, and be brave!

If you guys meet up please let me know too. I work and live by hell's kitchen.

Hey slappy,

Hi Hi I got TG-f3 3 weeks ago still learning ride badly,  i living in Queens office in downtown fidi area, If u guys wanna just share some tips ride togather Im up for a meet up at central park or prospect park, or somewhere not that much people to see me fall..;). Hudson River Greenway is not bad place to try it out, It has long bicycle way.

Hum maybe we should form a meetup group.
I searched on NY meetup So far no Electric Unicycle group yet.

Archived