Coloured EUC Tires - Like or Dislike?

Hunka Hunka Burning Love

If you search for coloured BMX tires on Google you'll find a bunch of interesting options available.  I don't know if there are any in the sizes that fit our EUCs, but I wonder how much interest there would be to see some tire colour selections available rather than plain old black.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

If you search for coloured BMX tires on Google you'll find a bunch of interesting options available.  I don't know if there are any in the sizes that fit our EUCs, but I wonder how much interest there would be to see some tire colour selections available rather than plain old black.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like them. Would look extra cool on a wheel like the Msuper with a lot off exposed tire. Nice find

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Damp Rabbit said:

I love them on bikes but I can't see it working for my tastes on my IPS 121. With a different looking EUC I would do it.

I think solid yellow or red might look good on some wheels, but on a closed design like Ninebot you could barely see it.

Here is my idea, a segmented track that goes around the tire, preventing flats.  Or a tire made of solid rubber.  But most of all, a wider tire.:ph34r: 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Here is my idea, a segmented track that goes around the tire, preventing flats.  Or a tire made of solid rubber.  But most of all, a wider tire.:ph34r: 

The IPS191 has a wider tyre. And I have to say it makes a HUGE difference to riding - much much nicer!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The IPS191 has a wider tyre. And I have to say it makes a HUGE difference to riding - much much nicer!

The last time I was riding my IPS191, I thought to myself, this really feels luxurious!

17 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

a tire made of solid rubber

This would be great for eliminating flats, but I think the ride would be uncomfortably hard.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

This would be great for eliminating flats, but I think the ride would be uncomfortably hard.

That just reminded me of something I found out about recently.. Where I work (Truck service shop) we have a floor machine that goes around all day cleaning the bays of oil and dirt.  The drive tires are pneumatic and were frequently going flat from running over screws and sharp objects.  There is a tire shop that filled the tires completely with some liquid that made them flatproof.  I think it solidifies when it cures.  It works great but the first time they didn't put enough in one tire, leaving it too soft and mushy, it had to be redone to match the other side.  So there is something out there that can flatproof a tire and have different degrees of hardness.  I don't know what it is called, will find out at work tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

will find out at work tomorrow.

Or, just google it.  Couldn't  wait and found out that any commercial tire shop offers that.  It seems the price is negotiable for small tires, They don't want to waste time, but there is a formula based on tire size, load, and weight, that decides how much to put in,  The problem is, trust someone to put the right amount for your needs.  For a small tire, it's hit and miss.  It's a foam that claims to mimic the feel of an air filled tire, with give that resumes it's shape.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to follow up with a few cycling shops and see what they have. The maxxis hookworm was an awesome tire for my 26" bike and my 20" so why not 16" :) My concern in looking for a new tire is one with higher PSI so it feels more responsive. Most of these kids tires are rated around 30-40. My hope is that they will soon offer to reduce the speed governor for advanced users

• 3 years later...
54 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Hello everyone.

Anybody has found a place that sells colored tires ?

Especially for V8, v10

Thanks!

This one works for V8

Comes in red and blue, but only red is in stock, it seems!
Edited by Tazarinho

1 hour ago, Tazarinho said:

This one works for V8

Comes in red and blue, but only red is in stock, it seems!

I don't recommend this tire, there was several cases of burst. SkatePro has some interesting, colored BMX tires in stock:

https://www.skatepro.uk/c374.htm

• Like 2

Thanks 

I did indeed  looked into the first website. Thanks also for the second link. 

But both are in Europe, I'm in Canada.

Any shop selling them online in North America?

Or even in China.. price and shipping will be lower..

Thanks again

3 hours ago, Eric plam said:

But both are in Europe, I'm in Canada.

Seems Fiction Troop is an American brand - http://www.fictionbmx.com/. I'm sure that if you search for Cult x Vans Waffle tires you'll find it in US or Canadian shops also.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity searched 16 inch color tire on Amazon and got the exact size in blue and red. Wonder if they are even good quality at all, currently has good ratings. I like the mountain tread on it.

edit: Oh there is also a pink/gum colored option and an orange yellow.

1188523896_blue16tire.JPG.60f3de6b1cc7fdc833fa636bc5447333.JPG448517972_red16.JPG.f8aaeedeeeeef1bc924e23f8ebf8bb0f.JPG1564353438_gum16.JPG.e04b3018c2f4d8a3e80ae7968212ace4.JPG

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 1