Segway Mini Pro- App only shows 6.2mph Max Speed?

Been using the Segway Mini Pro for a week or so now and even though its supposed to be able to top out at 10mph, the app speed settings only show up to 6.2mph. Ive put roughly 15 miles on it already so im wondering why is this the case?

16 hours ago, Xelvic said:

Sounds like your in speed limit mode. Go into the app and take it off. You can also set what your speed is limited too in the "speed limit Mode".

Im not in speed limit mode. That's the little speed dial that's located on the bottom left of the app. It is disabled.

The speed settings only function if you are in speed limit mode.  When you are travelling fast, if you take your life in your hands and look at the current speed display in the app, what does it say then?

I'm fairly sure the MiniPro cuts the allowed maximum speed as it heats up. At the start of a ride, when all is cool, I have no trouble reaching 10 MPH (16 KPH.) But once the unit heats up, the allowed maximum speed drops to 6 MPH. It's been over 90 degrees F. here lately,

• 9 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, Dannyar said:

Been using the Segway Mini Pro for a week or so now and even though its supposed to be able to top out at 10mph, the app speed settings only show up to 6.2mph. Ive put roughly 15 miles on it already so im wondering why is this the case?

6.2mph is 10kph, which is the maximum selectable speed allowed when the speed limit is turned on.  Are you absolutely sure the speed limit is not accidently turned on?  And have you never experienced a faster speed than 6.2mph since you bought it?

3 hours ago, Theradiostar said:

I have the same problem. 6.2mph is the max speed on the menu. Not in speed limit mode. Mine has over 230mi on it. 

The selectable speed limit menu is only relevant when the speed limit is enabled.  When it's turned off using the little speedometer button at the bottom left of the screen it will not affect the top speed.  Are you saying you rode 230 miles without being able to go faster than 6.2mph?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, Theradiostar said:

I have the same problem. 6.2mph is the max speed on the menu. Not in speed limit mode. Mine has over 230mi on it. 

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:33 PM, Theradiostar said:

Ok I've figured it out. 

Top speed is 10.9 mph. Didn't look at the screen while riding until recently. It's all good!

thanks for the help. 

And it only took 230 miles of riding :P

• 1 year later...

I just bought a Ninebot ES1 and started riding it. The max speed i can go now is only 16kmh. I read your comments and some ssy i can tap on the speed limiter button on the bottom left to remove the soeed limit but I can't find the button.

I understand the speed is limited at the start, for a certain distance, before higher speeds are unlocked. Is that a fact? Thanks!

Archived