Amazon Prime Day - Should boost this forum !

I currently own the NB P.  I'm very concerned about it's safety as NB has pulled it twice now from release (and re-release).   I've also had MB failure as many have.
I ordered the Segway Mini Pro as I think there is still significant safety issues with the design of the EUC's .

Reviews on Amazon are very good so I'm confident of quality.  Can't wait to get!

If you intend to ride only on asphalt and short distances, you will possibly like it.

If you intend to ride it also offroad, or for distances longer than 15km, you will hate it, because the current firmware changes the steering behaviour, which makes it difficult to develop a smooth riding habit.

If they would keep the maxspeed limit at 18,5 ALWAYS without ever changing it (except when the device becomes to hot), then it would be o.k., and I could recommend the Mini and it's latest firmware 1.3.1.

But when it is lowered to 16,5, the backward tilting becomes awkward, also up- and downhill driving and offroad driving.

So no continuous driving experience is possible, because the steering behaviour is  changing.

This change of the maxspeed setting should be possible to be controlled via the App, e.g. setting it to "Auto" for the current behaviour, or to "18,5" or "Max" for expert driving.

Currently it's like that: At the beginning maxspeed is set to 18,5 km/h, but only for very short time, 2 to 4 kilometers, then it is set down to 18.

And latest, when you reach a remaining range between 12 and 14 km it is somewhere suddenly set to 16,5 km/h, which makes riding very bad, not only because it is so slow, but because backward tilting, accelerating and decelerating change a lot to the worse, so that you can fall off if you are used to the prior behaviour.

I have to confess, I'm riding the Mini also across meadows, rough roads (gravel rods) and sandy beaches near river Danube, and it works quite fine as long as it has the full power, but it does no longer work when the maxspeed changes to lower values, because then also the necessary power is lost for things like that.

This is currently bad, but I hope they will change that in the future.

After using Ninebot One for a month (and sold it, since it wasn't practical when i was in Michigan), now Amazon Prime day deal made me to try this safe one, which is more practical for urban transporter cruising around Seattle downtown!  Also i am more curious about the Robot modular add-on which deverloper edition will be out soon :D

From my observation, Segway Mini pro is for the market that is for people who don't like to push the limits, it is no ordinary hover boards - the safety and riding experience is the Core...and it is meant for all ages (not just meant for active X sports category), and every new firmware release (apparently costs money for paying the research team) is for refinement and stable operations....Of course it would involve with limiting HIGH speed and what not....after all, Segway / Ninebot do not want to see themselves in trouble with their high established Brand name!  - Just my point of view :)

5 hours ago, Jeggy said:

After using Ninebot One for a month (and sold it, since it wasn't practical when i was in Michigan), now Amazon Prime day deal made me to try this safe one, which is more practical for urban transporter cruising around Seattle downtown!  Also i am more curious about the Robot modular add-on which deverloper edition will be out soon :D

From my observation, Segway Mini pro is for the market that is for people who don't like to push the limits, it is no ordinary hover boards - the safety and riding experience is the Core...and it is meant for all ages (not just meant for active X sports category), and every new firmware release (apparently costs money for paying the research team) is for refinement and stable operations....Of course it would involve with limiting HIGH speed and what not....after all, Segway / Ninebot do not want to see themselves in trouble with their high established Brand name!  - Just my point of view :)

Riding a miniPRO around Seattle can still be tricky. I'm over in West Seattle, and some of the sidewalks are just TERRIBLE, and make me quite nervous at times. 

The NB One is easier to ride on bad sidewalks because you can navigate through narrow spots that are good.   Also can jump a bit to ride over bumps.     I am working on my mini-pro skills first before hitting the busy sidewalks.   I'm going over bumps with both or one wheel,  riding on sloped paths along slope as that is what seems to be the toughest thing to get used to.    I think it may be possible to learn to jump and lift a bit or at least take weight off of the mini pro to assist with going over bumps....curbs?   Maybe by grabbing the bar pads?

1 hour ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

The NB One is easier to ride on bad sidewalks because you can navigate through narrow spots that are good.   Also can jump a bit to ride over bumps.     I am working on my mini-pro skills first before hitting the busy sidewalks.   I'm going over bumps with both or one wheel,  riding on sloped paths along slope as that is what seems to be the toughest thing to get used to.    I think it may be possible to learn to jump and lift a bit or at least take weight off of the mini pro to assist with going over bumps....curbs?   Maybe by grabbing the bar pads?

I'd never thought of gripping the bar with my knees to try and jump upsmall curbs. I have no problem bending my knees to go DOWN smaller curbs (not full-size ones), but going up smaller curbs is definitely scary. I'm scared I'll faceplant! :( 

I think the stated "climb capacity" is 1cm - but where did I see that?  With experience you get to know its limit - a few times I've heard it beep after going over a trick curb cut, which I take to mean that it's telling me that I'm pushing my luck - and I try to remember how steep that one was.  Flex your knees and hold your arms a little out and forward, which seems to help steady yourself after a bump.

26 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

I see Amazon have dropped the price of the Mini Pro down to $798 now.  Here in Australia I paid the equivalent of $1272 - but I'm not complaining!

I'm glad i grabbed during prime day for $699.  I do want to add the handle bar extension but can't seem to find a good place to order one? 

6 hours ago, snakebite said:

$798 now I just purchased 5 days ago for $999 what a bunch of crap. First I couldn't place my or during the big Amazon sale day and now this slap.

I think Amazon dropped it's purchase price protection policy but many credit cards will give you price protection on your purchases.  Open up a case with them and you might get a nice refund.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-card-benefits/purchase-protection-refund-price-drop/

15 hours ago, snakebite said:

$798 now I just purchased 5 days ago for $999 what a bunch of crap. First I couldn't place my or during the big Amazon sale day and now this slap.

Just return and rebuy

Archived