20 hours ago, EUCMania said:

The buttons or charging port are exposed on the top front.

They should be recessed to avoid damage in a crash.

When u look closely they may be. The cap that cover the ports on gotways sit up high so it makes them look a little higher than they are. Not a bad idea though.

19 minutes ago, peppuzzo said:

bluetooth speaker? no music ?

It tends to be Kingsong that adds the speakers?

Personally I'm glad Gotway don't add them because I would never use them and think they are just a tacky addition that isn't needed. I also dislike loads of flashing led's and think they are tacky too. Luckily I could turn them off on my Ninebot previously and my ACM only has a few at the back to give visibility and display battery level.

10 hours ago, OliverH said:

No mud flap, no place for an insurance licence plate. 

The CE sticker should be more permanent.

Pedals are with anti slippery coat? Great.

I think it has a slight tail at the back but I'm not sure how well it works.

It poss would be better for a more suitable CE sticker somewhere but the one on my ACM, just above the power button, is fine even after a couple of drops.

The pedals have rubber grips and grip tape so should be really good. It saves people from adding the grip tape themselves anyway :) 

On 15.7.2016 at 9:39 AM, TremF said:

I think it has a slight tail at the back but I'm not sure how well it works.

It poss would be better for a more suitable CE sticker somewhere but the one on my ACM, just above the power button, is fine even after a couple of drops.

The pedals have rubber grips and grip tape so should be really good. It saves people from adding the grip tape themselves anyway :) 

The pedals looks good with both rubber grip and grip tape. Will help for forest runs where the pedals could get slippery from dust, dirt and fine gravel

7 hours ago, egiljo said:

Any word about battery options (size) and speed limit?

Will it have the v-tech like eu-extreme have on his version of v2?

No word on battery yet but Jane has mentioned the speed - "unloaded speed is 60km/h,while loaded speed is 50km/h" - 50kmh (31mph) is insane on a single wheel.

I doubt it will have the kind of tech EUC Extreme has on his :)

2 hours ago, TremF said:

No word on battery yet but Jane has mentioned the speed - "unloaded speed is 60km/h,while loaded speed is 50km/h" - 50kmh (31mph) is insane on a single wheel.

I doubt it will have the kind of tech EUC Extreme has on his :)

It's not insane, it's stupid. No one can run off 50 km/h. That's competition class.

France tolerates EUC today. EUC are focused on Paris and other big cities in France. Imagine freaks going with 50 km/h on areas with pedestrians. What if you make a small jump down from the pavement? Can the EUC still balance you? If someone has an accident at that speed it will hurt more heavy than at 25 km/h. Broken arms/ legs/ head injuries. Hurting 3rd party people in the area of the crash/ accident. What will happen? I wouldn't sell competition EUCs used by people on street. The situation tolerating EUCs can change from day to day. You can kill an interesting market (sales perspective) and you kill any reputation in public.

One big problem is that people hear that this EUC can go loaded at 50 kph, but they do not factor in under what road conditions (incline slope, flat road, etc), tire pressure, rider weight, wind conditions, battery level, etc this speed is rated at.  All people tend to see is that it goes 50 kph so I can push it safely to 50 kph.  What use is defining unloaded speed when the wheel will always be loaded when in use?  It sets an unrealistic expectation that the wheel can go 60 kph so it should be safe at 50 kph.  It's like saying ooh this car can go up to 200 KPH with no passengers in it!  How is that relevant?

They should take a 250 pound side to side self-balancing test dummy, set it at a forward angle, and measure the wheel speed until it fails.  Repeat this test at 20 degree uphill and 20 degree downhill, and then post the lowest speed of failure.  They can then take that speed and subtract 10 kph to define what a safe speed is approximately before mandatory tiltback occurs to slow the rider down.  Even still if a rider is accelerating like a madman it may not have enough power to save them in time...

People need to realize that EUC's are much more dangerous than motorcycles at higher speeds.  Sure they sell motorcycles that go way over 200 KPH, but if the engine fails the rider can coast to a stop plus they have brakes!  With one wheel you don't have any way to save you if something fails at speed...  Also people are just not wearing safety gear while riding... check out the injuries here:

There already has been one death due to a freak accident on a hoverboard running in front of a bus.  I dread the day I hear about someone dying or becoming paralyzed because they thought they could hit 50 KPH, but they were slightly heavier than the reference weight and going up a slight hill against a headwind...

I fully agree about high top speed worries.

But also, people have to take responsibility for their own actions.

People I know are riding in +70kmh on car roads on race bicycles with only a simple bike helmet. Others jumping 10-20m gaps on. snowboards over car roads or in ordinary slalom courses. Running insane speeds on downhill biking on offroads.

I could go on.

The downside is one negative case in mass media and Euc could be banned.

In my country the Euc limit is 20kmh.

A Euc going in 20kmh hitting a child is also dangerous, all Euc riders has to have this in mind and be careful.

If I hurt myself is my own stupidity, hurting others is a NO NO.

If it could go in 50-60 kmh it should only be used in these speeds on closed circuits and competitions.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a faster wheel and letting people take responsibility for their actions.  I just think EUC makers need to be extra careful to implement safety measures so those people who may not know better or accidentally push the wheel too hard have some warning or tiltback that can stop them before reaching the failure point because you can be sure that people will want to try to reach it.  

With all the variables involved doing so can be tricky because weight varies so much as well as riding conditions.  Maybe there's some fuzzy logic equation that can take into account how much power is being used for a specific speed and adjust the safety speed accordingly while taking into account battery level.

People are crashing due to cut outs on KS18's which have been around for quite some time so what are the odds of problems occuring with a brand new wheel?  Maybe they need @EUC Extreme to stress test the wheel thoroughly before releasing it into the public.

4 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a faster wheel and letting people take responsibility for their actions.  I just think EUC makers need to be extra careful to implement safety measures so those people who may not know better or accidentally push the wheel too hard have some warning or tiltback that can stop them before reaching the failure point because you can be sure that people will want to try to reach it.  

With all the variables involved doing so can be tricky because weight varies so much as well as riding conditions.  Maybe there's some fuzzy logic equation that can take into account how much power is being used for a specific speed and adjust the safety speed accordingly while taking into account battery level.

People are crashing due to cut outs on KS18's which have been around for quite some time so what are the odds of problems occuring with a brand new wheel?  Maybe they need @EUC Extreme to stress test the wheel thoroughly before releasing it into the public.

I agree with you.

After the last update on the 9bot e+ I have experienced a kind of adaptive tiltback and warning beep.

When driving uphill or in headwind the tilt and beeps are coming sooner. 

This is a good feature for safety.

I would never disable this if I could. 

1 hour ago, egiljo said:

If I hurt myself is my own stupidity, hurting others is a NO NO.

If it could go in 50-60 kmh it should only be used in these speeds on closed circuits and competitions.

Good point, I think that is why the government here in the U.S. created some rules and guidelines for drones, like no higher than 400 ft, not fly over people because a 2 pound weight falling could kill them, no fly near airports etc. One or two bad happenings in the news and the government has to get involved.

10 minutes ago, egiljo said:

I agree with you.

After the last update on the 9bot e+ I have experienced a kind of adaptive tiltback and warning beep.

When driving uphill or in headwind the tilt and beeps are coming sooner. 

This is a good feature for safety.

I would never disable this if I could. 

And I agree with you @egiljo and also @HunkaHunkaBurningLove  That is a good Idea to have @EUC Extreme test wheels.  I wish he would test Ninebot One E+.  The fastest i have gone is 10.5 mph and the only way I hit tiltback is to set the speed limiter, so I have no idea how fast it can really go.  I think I got a wheel that is better than I need, but because of that, I am worrying less and less.-_-

Archived