Test your natural Balance

AlanR

I am wondering how important 'natural' balance plays in riding skills; especially riding backwards and other tricks!

Since fainting once about one year ago I find standing on one leg with my eyes closed very much more difficult. Before I could do a minute and stopped because I became bored. Now I am doing well to make 15 seconds!!

I wonder what people like those doing tricks can do on one leg?

5 minutes ago, AlanR said:

odayI am wondering how important 'natural' balance plays in riding skills; especially riding backwards and other tricks!

Since fainting once about one year ago I find standing on one leg with my eyes closed very much more difficult. Before I could do a minute and stopped because I became bored. Now I am doing well to make 15 seconds!!

I wonder what people like those doing tricks can do on one leg?

Tried some one legged riding today, couldnot do it. looked like an idiot.:(

Wait a second, eyes closed?  Nah.

@steve454 the eyes closed bit is to be done OFF the EUC to test your 'natural' aptitude / balance!! 

So, stand on one leg, then close your eyes, count seconds or use a watch and how many seconds can you do?

@AlanROk...if you wish? 

I did actually did buy a rigid foam balancing mat a few weeks back on Amazon and have been practicing with my eyes closed. Not easy!

image.jpeg

On 7/12/2016 at 7:27 PM, AlanR said:

So, stand on one leg, then close your eyes, count seconds or use a watch and how many seconds can you do?

Only about 5 seconds before I get wobbly and have to put my foot down.  That's pretty bad, but I was told by a chiropractor that practicing every day will retrain my propreoception over time.  Maybe that's one reason it took me so long to learn the wheel!

Archived