Battery case cracked airwheel x8

Rossini

Do you have any photos?

I was at my local hardware store picking up some Supersport carbon fibre look trim, and I ran across an interesting product called "FibreFix."  It comes in a few varieties, but I think it's basically a resin impregnated fibreglass mesh that when wetted begins the polymerization process.  You can do some amazingly strong repairs with the stuff.  Here's a video of the patch version:

Lego blocks (or anything else that's pure ABS-plastic) dissolved in acetone form liquid ABS (takes a couple of hours to completely dissolve, mix/stir once in a while) , which then hardens again after the acetone evaporates. I've used it to fix the screw threads before. For small repairs, a single block should be enough, as you don't need much plastic (volume-wise). Also, don't use too much acetone or you get very "thin" liquid, it should be runny but not "too" liquid. If it's not liquid enough, add a little acetone, if it's too runny, you have to wait for the excess acetone to evaporate. ;)

Pour/otherwise apply the liquid onto the hole that has had the screw-threads stripped and put the screw in place, leave it until the most of the ABS has hardened and unscrew the screw out, then let the rest evaporate. If the shell is ABS already, the mix will bond with the shell plastic, but even if it isn't, it should (could ;)) still work.

Archived