Pokemon GO on an EUC ;-)

noisycarlos

LOL that's great!  You should get one of those Xiaomi powerbanks.  I was just thinking these EUC's would be a perfect way of getting around while playing that game.

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-10000mAh-External-Battery-Portable/dp/B019ZCMROK

Although.... if it is bad to text and drive.. is it not bad to play Pokémon Go and ride?  :blink:

Hahaha. Thanks!

Yeah it was great. Much faster and farther than walking, but you can also go places where cars can't :-)

I do have a power bank, but it was too cumbersome to hold it attached to the phone on one hand, while the other hand held the selfie stick with the camera. I ran out of battery and I ran out of hands!

http://www.techinsider.io/first-car-crash-caused-by-pokemon-go-2016-7

Not to be out done by the US, Canada comes in with a close second place winner:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/pokemon-go-quebec-city-collision-1.3677891

$30 tickets?  What the heck?  I wonder what the fine for riding a EUC on a sidewalk there might be? $10?  Sheesh!

This weekend I installed and used my EUC to go catch Pokémons - works really well, it is very nice to ride with the mobile phone in one hand. I really like to do it at night since my EUC have a nice RGB LED strip that flashes with the speed and turns red when I brake. I think EUC is really great to catch Pokémons, maybe this can increase the adoption.

Come on - this Pokemon Game is sooo boring! I don´t understand the big hype around this game as there are really exiting location based games like "ingress" (same company) that gives you fun for months. But the Video is great! @noisycarlos: maybe you can make a video with Ingress, too! ;)

My friend plays Pokemon GO (I would too but windows phone...) and yesterday my new V5F arrived. So he took his bicycle, I took V5F and power bank for his phone and after sunset (too hot during day right now) we set off. As he does not have any phone holder on his bicycle and he needs both hands to ride it, it was up to me to do it all. 

I did't expect it to be so much fun! Big portion of it was due to the fact I was riding V5F for the first time. So far I only rode my generic EUC and it is gigantic difference. It felt like going from hard difficulty to easy. Everything is so smooth and effortless now. And the speed!

Anyway we managed to hatch some eggs, cought countless of new pokemons and ended up rolling till 4 am. Only drunk people were roaming the streets at this time and they were very confused seeing us. 

@Pingouin We were roaming from pokestop to pokestop (they are quite scattered here) without paying much attention to the phone and only when it vibrated, indicating pokemon showed up, we stoped and dealt with it.

note: We didn't try to track any pokemon, that would really need full attention to the phone.  

oke, oke, i admit ... I do Pokémon GO, and i do it A LOT on my wheel. I now logged over 200 km.

Many ppl see me ride and call out "You're cheating!!", or nicer comments like "Nice way to hatch those eggs". And they are right of course :) 

22 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hunka, you still need to interact with your hand with the phone to throw the pokeball, so your solution is not ideal, it's more for cardio ^^

Maybe get a Phubby?

or just say "Hey Siri, catch that Pokemon!"  :D

@Jason McNeil's been holding back on us!  I don't remember him sharing this video!  :D   Looks like @HEC isn't the only one with bikini babe custom thumbnails!

48 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Looks like @HEC isn't the only one with bikini babe custom thumbnails!

I'm in no way discriminating against guys in bikinis (or Borat kinis) but sadly - in the whole 46 minutes of the video there were none ;)

Archived