Add image to conversation

I wanted to share a photo in a conversation. I did not find the UI to do it on this forum.

I did find a workaround:
- start a new topic (does not matter where)
- attach image file to the contents (this uploads the image into your attachments)
- cancel the new topic

After doing this, the image is uploaded and can be used from the: insert image from existing attachments.

Excerpt from guidelines post:

POSTING MEDIA

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum member's account also has a cap on total disk usage.  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts.  For imgur, If you want to embed the photo into your post, make sure to use the "Direct Link" instead of the "Image Link" given by imgur.  Needless to say, videos go to YouTube (or equivalent) and can be embedded back into your posts here.

Source:

:

4 hours ago, John Eucist said:

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum member's account also has a cap on total disk usage.  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts. 

Yes, I know, but good to mention anyway.

I took 2.5Mb images (photo's), then cropped to some small parts, then saved it very low quality. All that remained was a few percents of the original. I will delete the attachments soon, since the message/information i wanted to send has come accross. With my topic I did not intend to encourage other use of image-sharing.
If I ever need a quality pictures up here, I will use something like imgur :)

6 hours ago, johrhoj said:

I will delete the attachments soon, since the message/information i wanted to send has come accross.

No don't do that.  If it's already publicly posted then try to keep it because people find and read old posts.  Ultimately of course it's up to you.  :P

Archived