AntiTheft ring

EricGhost

Hi,

After a couple of weeks of enjoing my KS16 I realized that I have to keep it with me all time, because there is no way to lock/chain it.

I wonder why they did non put an antitheft ring on the case under the extensible handle so that I can chain my wheel (like I chain my laptop at the desk when working out of office)

Further more the app has no passwd or security code to avoid that others can change the settings on my wheel

@EricGhost Where exactly are you planning to lock your wheel? If it's in some semi-safe location like office at work or somewhere at fitness and so on licking it through the extendable handle should be enough as I can hardly imagine someone ripping off or unscrewing the handle. If somewhere outside I personally would not dare to do even with strong locking hook. In regards of password protection (of the wheel, not the app) while that would be some added security features I can hardly imagine someone chasing me with KS app changing my wheel settings while riding or having it sitting in the office it might be beneficial during riders meetings with more wheel of the same type together. It would though also lead to issues where people will forget the password and will be unable to connect to the wheel without some HW reset and so on ...

1 hour ago, HEC said:

@EricGhost Where exactly are you planning to lock your wheel? If it's in some semi-safe location like office at work or somewhere at fitness and so on licking it through the extendable handle should be enough as I can hardly imagine someone ripping off or unscrewing the handle. If somewhere outside I personally would not dare to do even with strong locking hook. In regards of password protection (of the wheel, not the app) while that would be some added security features I can hardly imagine someone chasing me with KS app changing my wheel settings while riding or having it sitting in the office it might be beneficial during riders meetings with more wheel of the same type together. It would though also lead to issues where people will forget the password and will be unable to connect to the wheel without some HW reset and so on ...

I'll answer to the last first, everybody can download the app and can connect I do not think that in principle it is a clever situation, then about the unlock pin code are you telling me that the whole phone mobile industry pin sec code is based on a bad idea?

The handle could be a solution for inside but the ring will be more efficient

Archived