First ride, (bumper tape pics)

Toma

finally got the knack of ridding my Kingsong today!

it took about 5 hours all together over 2 days. finding it a little nervy to turn corners but straight lines and slight turns is great!

i covered my EU in the bumper tape as I was worried of damage and the tape was even strong enough for me to put it around the feet pads,even after a fall it stays on. 

As you can see it goes around the edge and underneath slightly.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

First day i used the strap through the handle technique to start which helped stop the EU go flying off, was getting huge bruseing on my legs didn't help that  I was on grass on an incline with bumps and holes in. I found doing the triangle hop on was the easiest way for me to get on the unit.

second day, Used strap to begin with then remember you guys saying try not to use it so away it went! I stumbled a few times then I was off. Was ok on the grass then on dirt paths through the woods and pebbled paths, it's surprising how you just get it and it's a great feeling flying along on it!

im really surprised of the power from the Kingsong 840wh, it even let me hop on on an incline and had the power to take me up the hill from a dead stop! Very very very impressed!

Another litter add on I did was to put rubber cupboard door stops where the peddles snap shut so you don't get any marking on the plastic shell.

image.jpeg

I also just got a KS16 (thanks to Jason McNeil) but haven't tried it yet because I haven't wrapped it up. I was going to do what you did and start off on grass as I've never rode a EUC before. Did you find the protective wrap really necessary when learning or were you able to mostly control the EUC without it getting away from you?

17 hours ago, LeeBear said:

I was going to do what you did and start off on grass as I've never rode a EUC before. Did you find the protective wrap really necessary when learning or were you able to mostly control the EUC without it getting away from you?

Riding on the grass is much harder for starters than on firm flat surface like tarmac of sidewalk or some quite side road. In regards of the protective foam - I don't like those. You should be fine using the training belt so at the start if you jump of the wheel you'll simply hold it up by your hand avoiding drop on the hard surface. You will eventually get some scratches at least on the pedals - that's almost unavoidable so maybe you can try to cover those initially from the bottom by some stronger protective folia. If you really want to avoid scratches protective pouch or cover from neoprene or some other stronger textile would be a good choice as you don't need to glue anything.

as i see the pedals in this picture here:

where are the screws gone?

money saving? on other versions the Rubber was screwed onto the metal, with a plastic board underneath...

12 minutes ago, HEC said:

The rubber inserts in pedals are only glued in.

On the first Versions which are sold with Firmware V1.13 they were definitly screwed in and solid under the rubber

You can see it (not so good, but possible) here for example:

https://electricunicyclereviews.com/start-here/electric-unicycle-reviews-brand/King-Song-16-680wh-Self-Balancing-Electric-Unicycle-Review

or here:

I have seen both Versions in real life....the ones without screws are much cheaper...and not so solid like this first Version ones....

So KingSong found one more way to save up some Cents in production :-(

Archived