The Food Thread

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Here's a really good and easy recipe for pulled pork.  You can use a slow cooker instead of the dutch oven.

Ha ha... Dutch oven...   :roflmao:

• Upvote 1

My Ninebot has truly tranported me back in time to junior high.  :rolleyes:

Ya try to share a yummy Freddie Prinze Jr. Recipe from Back to the Kitchen, and you get fart jokes.  Maybe pass that recipe onto the missus.  <_<

And omigosh... What was in that A&W Teen burger and poutine I just ate?  :pooping:  #payingforit #greasyfoodingreasyfoodout

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love you keep mentioning Teen burger, when I went to A&W they only had the Papa burger and some other burgers.  WIkipedia said the family burgers are only available in Canada, but that the American bacon cheeseburger is almost identical to the Teen burger.  Once again, Canada wins out<_<

• Upvote 1

Oh that's interesting.  Trust me the grass is currently browner over here, and you guys have a lot more menu choices on the A&W website.   Corn dog nuggets?  Root Beer Freeze?  Chilli cheese fries?  What manner of sorcery is this?  :huh:  We don't got any of that stuff!

Ever been to an In and Out burger joint?  Soooo good!  Limited choices, but it is so  good!  Reminds me - I still gotta check out that Carl's Jr. that opened up...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh that's interesting.  Trust me the grass is currently browner over here, and you guys have a lot more menu choices on the A&W website.   Corn dog nuggets?  Root Beer Freeze?  Chilli cheese fries?  What manner of sorcery is this?  :huh:  We don't got any of that stuff!

Ever been to an In and Out burger joint?  Soooo good!  Limited choices, but it is so  good!  Reminds me - I still gotta check out that Carl's Jr. that opened up...

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love you keep mentioning Teen burger, when I went to A&W they only had the Papa burger and some other burgers.  WIkipedia said the family burgers are only available in Canada, but that the American bacon cheeseburger is almost identical to the Teen burger.  Once again, Canada wins out<_<

Yeah, Texas just got In and Out burgers about a year ago or two.  About time!  Pretty good double double but to me the fries taste like cardboard.  They have a pretty extensive secret menu I've read, the only one I remember is animal style, with no bun and the burger is wrapped with lettuce.

I bet Canada does not have Popeye's fried chicken, if you get the chance get the spicy which is really not very spicy, but it's tasty.  For fast food it's not too bad.

• Upvote 1

I don't even know what an "A&W" is... But then when I'm in the USA I stop looking when I find a Tilted Kilt!

But bringing things back closer to the food theme... Have you tried Bacardi 151?  A favourite of Fat Unicyclists around the world. .

• Upvote 2

"Taste" is a matter of perspective...

PSX_20161120_194135.jpg

FYI - this is our cat (Oscar) - who forced us to coin the term "Killing Stairs," as this is the preferred location for the degustation...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

I bet Canada does not have Popeye's fried chicken, if you get the chance get the spicy which is really not very spicy, but it's tasty.  For fast food it's not too bad.

You would sadly lose on the bet!  Toronto has a bunch of them.  I had some in the TO airport once I believe.  It was pretty good.  KFC used to have extra tasty crispy chicken was was nice, but I think they dropped it from their menu here.

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I don't even know what an "A&W" is... But then when I'm in the USA I stop looking when I find a Tilted Kilt!

But bringing things back closer to the food theme... Have you tried Bacardi 151?  A favourite of Fat Unicyclists around the world. .

Never been to a Tilted Kilt, but :thumbup: :dribble:...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You would sadly lose on the bet!  Toronto has a bunch of them.  I had some in the TO airport once I believe.  It was pretty good.  KFC used to have extra tasty crispy chicken was was nice, but I think they dropped it from their menu here.

OMG - the first Girl (Alliyah - in Long Beach) has been my server - And I have to say, she is hotter in real life!

Actually, I have met several of these girls - But always at "business meetings," so didn't get much time to discuss e-unicycling with them...

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

"Taste" is a matter of perspective...

FYI - this is our cat (Oscar) - who forced us to coin the term "Killing Stairs," as this is the preferred location for the degustation...

Nice cat, but :barf:.

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I actually don't drink alcohol. :innocent1:   Never really developed a taste for it for some reason.   I have been to some wine tasting classes though which reviewed the various aspects of a fine vintage, but honestly they all tasted the same to me!  I couldn't tell the difference between a Pinot Noir and a Reisling!  :ph34r:

I did see a show about the Brancott Estate winery across from your location recently.  Does that count?

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I live just a few miles south of Dunedin, FL... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunedin,_Florida

It is a huge Scottish scene where bagpipes are taught in the local high school and the kids from that program are number one in the United States and of one a lot of awards, even in the UK and around Europe. So this calendar really speaks to me... 

One more thing: please stop posting these things on Sunday morning I won't be able to concentrate on seeing patients because my office is open seven days a week so I can afford another wheel :w00t2:

• Upvote 2

On 07/09/2016 at 1:35 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Vegan?  Yeeks I couldn't do it.  Too many delicious meat choices out there for me, but I hear it's a healthy choice.  Got any good East Indian food joints where ya at?  They have a lot of tasty vegetarian food choices along with butter chicken which is good.   How's the selection of restaurants there?

I tried some vegetarian pizza a while back, but pizza without meat is like cake without frosting.  There's just something missing.

There's a good show called Diners, Drive-Inns, and Dives which showcases a lot of places in the US to eat at.  It would be fun to go on a road trip like Guy Fieri does just to eat at all the different places.

I had a chance a while back to have some buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY.  They were sooo good.  Korean style fried chicken is nice as well.  Mmm getting hungry just thinking about all the food...:lol:

Here is a Guy Fieri meme for you. On a more serious note, Buffalo has great wings and the sauce is easy to make at home. I put hot sauce on everything accept my toothbrush. (Though I have considered it)

Greek food is my favorite so far. Delicious, simple and healthy; I could eat nothing accept Greek food for eternity. Best/worst part is that it doesn't need hot sauce, just lots and lots of wonderful tzatziki sauce!

Other than that bbq anything is my food of choice. I like any food that I can tear flesh from bone.:)Sorry to any vegans/vegetarians. My ex boyfriend was and still is vegan. It takes dedication and I don't think I could ever be satisfied with plant based protien.

tmp_6626-smash-mouth-icp-and-guy-fieri-are-the-same-person-772134467.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Who loves Poke?  :w00t2:  The Costco on Maui sells ahi tuna poke, and it's to die for.  I could eat it all day, every day.  Apparently it's also popular along Venice Beach apparently!  @Marty Backe Grab a bowl when you're down there on the Mten3!  A new place opened up here on Centre Street and about 9th ave north in the spring.

352682_img3575.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Who loves Poke?  :w00t2:  The Costco on Maui sells ahi tuna poke, and it's to die for.  I could eat it all day, every day.  Apparently it's also popular along Venice Beach apparently!  @Marty Backe Grab a bowl when you're down there on the Mten3!  A new place opened up here on Centre Street and about 9th ave north in the spring.

352682_img3575.jpg

I'll have to pass since I'm not a big fish eater :mellow:

:blink:  Aw man.   How can people not like fish?  That's like a whole food group you're missing out on.  Seafood, steak, sushi.  These are the essentials.

My friend also isn't a big fish eater so no sushi.  That rules out poke.  Salmon steaks.  Smoked salmon.   :dribble:  Oh man you guys are missing out on quite a bit!  Maybe you just haven't had a well prepared fish.  That's very interesting.

On 11/21/2016 at 7:21 AM, uniler said:

Here is a Guy Fieri meme for you. On a more serious note, Buffalo has great wings and the sauce is easy to make at home. I put hot sauce on everything accept my toothbrush. (Though I have considered it)

Greek food is my favorite so far. Delicious, simple and healthy; I could eat nothing accept Greek food for eternity. Best/worst part is that it doesn't need hot sauce, just lots and lots of wonderful tzatziki sauce!

Other than that bbq anything is my food of choice. I like any food that I can tear flesh from bone.:)Sorry to any vegans/vegetarians. My ex boyfriend was and still is vegan. It takes dedication and I don't think I could ever be satisfied with plant based protien.

tmp_6626-smash-mouth-icp-and-guy-fieri-are-the-same-person-772134467.jpg

Edited by kour
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...