The Food Thread

No wonder you Swedish people had some of the longest life expectancy numbers.  Back in 2015 you were ranked 9th, Canada 12th, and the US 31st.  Denny's is an American company BTW which explains a few things.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

I think I'd still prefer to die happy with a Gravitos in my mouth than to live to an overly-ripe old age eating a salted salmon with no sauce.  Have you smelled an old person lately?  It's not good.  It's not good.

Where's the danger in eating healthy all the time?  The culinary thrill?  The damn you arteriosclerosis I don't care blaise faire attitude?  I'm pretty sure @The Fat Unicyclist doesn't subscribe to this dainty food diet.  ...which likely explains why they were ranked 17th.  That plus those crazy earthquakes.

Ride the roller coaster now and then @thefork.  Be the spoon and scoop up some of that wonderful LDL cholesterol every now and then.  Heck, you're riding an EUC!  EUC spells D-A-N-G-E-R!  Embrace it.  Try a Gravito.

Here, listen to some Swedish music to help inspire you!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

I have a feeling I generally tend to eat more meat than is good for me, but it doesn't help that my youngest son owns a butcher's shop and gets a lot of help from me with repairs and deliveries plus the wife helps out serving in the shop when needed.

https://larkhallbutchers.co.uk

Edited by Gimlet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ride the roller coaster now and then @thefork.  Be the spoon and scoop up some of that wonderful LDL cholesterol every now and then.  Heck, you're riding an EUC!  EUC spells D-A-N-G-E-R!  Embrace it.  Try a Gravito.

OK, but we don't have Gravitos around here. I'll just head out for a pizza then, it's about dinner time anyway!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

No wonder you Swedish people had some of the longest life expectancy numbers.  Back in 2015 you were ranked 9th, Canada 12th, and the US 31st.  Denny's is an American company BTW which explains a few things.

And I'm male, which pushes me to rank 4. ?

They say eating too much red meat is bad for you, but who are they really?   The stinky, old people - that's who!  There's always different camps it seems.

Make that a Chicago deep dish pizza!  None of this healthy organic thin crust salmon pizza!!!

IMG_4072.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

16 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Make that a Chicago deep dish pizza!  None of this healthy organic thin crust salmon pizza!!!

I'm sorry but about the only place to get a non-thin-crust-pizza is Pizza Hat and there is none nearby. So thin crust it is!

Edited by thefork

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
15 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Not hungry no more.  :barf:

Didn’t their mother tell them not to play with their food in Hooters?  :blink:

My man in the video said that "lf god didn't want me to eat it he wouldn't have put it on the earth."

I had that saying all wrong. I feel so stupid. I thought the saying was:

"If god didn't want me to eat it he wouldn't have put it on a woman.":efef50e3ba:

Edited by Lutalo

Just to get something nice here again: 

... I know it's in german - but they don't speak (too much?) And pictures tell more than any words in any language

Eeit : just watching it again - such a beautiful video 😋 and they don't say anything! Just one expression they write i never heard of: "ofenkäse" - seems to be some german german expression - if i'll try it i'd take some camembert, looks like it?

😁

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Do any of you have any recommendations on recipes for indoor grill. I bought it some time ago and tried every recipe I had planned to try. So now I'm asking for your favorites. 

jngfadc.png

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spam link removed