EUC Theft Prevalence

I wonder how common it is to have someone steal another person's EUC.  Considering these things cost anywhere from $200 to $2600, these wheels are fairly big ticket items.  I have heard of kids having their hoverboards stolen too...  Do you have your wheel tagged with a TILE or other device?

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-11-30/rare-electric-unicycle-stolen-by-man-who-pushed-woman-out-of-saddle/

Be careful riding out there...

Love how they describe it as rare, then how there are only 30.... But don't tell you what it is!. 

I wonder if it's one of the Ninebot one P's?? lol.
My second guess was the Uniwheel - but i'm not sure there are 3 of them in the UK, let alone 30.

37 minutes ago, Scully said:

Love how they describe it as rare, then how there are only 30.... But don't tell you what it is!. 

I wonder if it's one of the Ninebot one P's?? lol.
My second guess was the Uniwheel - but i'm not sure there are 3 of them in the UK, let alone 30.

Maybe it was one of those gold-plated ones? ;)

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I heard all of the Ninebot one P's were Gold plated

Meant this one:  https://www.goldgenie.com/blog/tag/24k-gold-plated-electric-unicycle/

The device costs from £28,000 exc. VAT including shipping and insurance and can be delivered anywhere in the world.

What's funny is that it's some generic model, and there can't be that much gold on it... Personally, if I had the money and need for such, I'd get a kilo-bar and a couple of better (normal) wheels ;)

I bet a golden EUC would fit right in at places like Saudi Arabia, Dubai or Abu Dhabi where gold is like just another colour of paint:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-saudi-billionaire-whose-mega-7658361

gold_cars_split-large_trans++pJliwavx4co

@Rehab1, you shooting at gophers that are blocking your path? ;)

1 minute ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Dammit so tempted to spray my Generic wheel now...

image.jpg

... Not :lol:

No, no, no... Though I am thinking of reskinning my old X8 in steampunk!

29 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Dammit so tempted to spray my Generic wheel now...

image.jpg

... Not :lol:

I am tempted to pimp my next wheel with diamonds. :D

Not real diamonds, but the synthetic cubic zirconia which is as brilliant as a diamond but much more affordable. You can get 20 pcs 10mm stones for around $100.

You need a plastic type spray (Krylon Fusion comes to mind) to adhere to the plastic shells of EUCs. Not sure Krylon carries Gold.

Just doesn't seem too logical to steal an EU to sell.  Not really a big demand for them in the general public and it would be really dodgy if someone tries to sell an EU as second hand without the charger included too.

22 minutes ago, Chuts said:

Just doesn't seem too logical to steal an EU to sell.  Not really a big demand for them in the general public and it would be really dodgy if someone tries to sell an EU as second hand without the charger included too.

Chav probably saw a bling and grabbed it without too much thinking. Later on when it ran out of battery it either ended up somewhere in the ditch or moron tried to plug it directly to mains and burned down the house :D

Alternatively - lady crashed and demolished her precious EUC and was afraid to go back home to tell hubby / BF so she ditched it and blamed it on the "thief" :ph34r:

I had a gotway msuper stolen. Now I have a kingsong 18 and I put a tile gps tracker inside so if it happens again hopefully I'll be able to track, recover and slap the thief and hopefully have enough battery life to ride off into the sunset.

I live in the USA in a very crime ridden city. I rarely stop when people ask me to come here. And they do. Usually very rudely and loudly. Then when I ignore them I get called names because they're feelings are hurt. Catch 22. Its 1 of the main negatives of riding. I don't want to kill some one for trying to rob me for my euc. People are to dumb to know that they cant even ride it without training, And will definitely try you.:angry:

Archived