Won't charge, help!

uniler

I Let a friend borrow my generic wheel, ever since it won't take a charge. The light on the charger stays green and the wheel turns on but only has one out of four battery indicator lights on.

My guess is that the charger isn't functioning, but i fear that he ran the battery too low for too long. I Won't know for sure until i get back over there with a volt meter. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, i was hoping to use it very soon when i go camping. 

55 minutes ago, uniler said:

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience ...

Not myself so far but I've seen this happening on Solowheel. If the battery level is too low charger might refuse to charge it. If you spin the tyre fast while the wheel is off does any of the lights on the wheel light up? If so you can try to connect the charger and spin the wheel really fast few times which will generate a bit of voltage which can trick charger to initiate battery charging. It might not work but IMO worth trying. And indeed once you'll get gold of voltmeter / multimeter carefully measure voltage on both charger plug as well as wheel socket. Be careful to not shortcut the pins as it would for sure damage the charger or circuits or battery. Some wheels though have a protection diode on the charging socket of the wheel at which case you'll be unable to measure any voltage there. Does the charge light turn on / green when you connect it to the wheel without having it in the mains? If yes then it's missing the protection diode.

Archived