Collection of 3D printable Accessories

Fahrtwind

Hi,

I really like 3D printing and would like to start an EUC related collection of STL files. I start with two:

I always lost the charging port dust cap (original is made of rubber) and drawed/printed this one:

image.thumb.jpg.7ef902fc63678cb8f6e4f85d

A work in progress until I got the final shape: protectors for the pedals:

image.thumb.jpg.57075101fef2e3557463a09e

I am not sure if I will upload it to Thingiverse at the moment. Meanwhile you may contact me directly and I can send you the files!

Manu

Have a look at the final version of my protectors. I do have to mirror them for the other side. I will print two more tomorrow...

Manu

IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7252.JPG

IMG_7253.JPG

Oh its kind of a pressfit to attach them. I suggest to print them in ABS, these prototypes are made of PLA. ABS ist more UV resistant and more flexible...

Manu

The pedal protectors may have a slight problem. I've noticed that although most generic wheels have very similar pedals there is a slight variance in the channel shapes and spacing on some of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fahrtwind,

i am looking for these kind of protector for the pedals of my Msuper.

I am a beginner and i hurt my ankle a often when i step down from the wheel.

Thomas

The Msuper pedals are a completely different shape the the front and back of each pedal being different as well so you would need two completely different custom print outs to fit.

If you just want to take the sharpness off the edges you could try moulding your own ends in situ using  Stixall building adhesive.

It sets to a fairly firm rubber like material, much stronger and firmer than silicon.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a Lezyne Femto LED Adapter for the Ninebot One to screw them into the accessory threads.

2C16FD39-B4D9-418C-B37D-61E01EFC9238_(1)2C16FD39-B4D9-418C-B37D-61E01EFC9238.thu

its the first beta but works, just heat the screw to put it in place. havent tested it IRL but holds very firm. no angle adjustment other than moving the heated screw in a slightly tilted position.

2C16FD39-B4D9-418C-B37D-61E01EFC9238_(2)

the cover is version 0.1 too ;) if you put the LED side in the shorter sided cover it prevents it from accidently switching on while in your backpack. 

2C16FD39-B4D9-418C-B37D-61E01EFC9238_(3)

and yes i went for the high tech rubberband solution :) 

2C16FD39-B4D9-418C-B37D-61E01EFC9238_(4)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:947901 (havent published it yet, so hope the link works)

I really like to see whats going on behind me while driving, especially on bike paths ... but these mirror bike gloves are just no option ...

So i decided to go for a Sony Action Cam plus Live View Remote :)

the lag is really low plus they are cheaper and easier to store on a 9b1 than the bulky Gopros and a Smartphone wrapped on the arm. You could control up to 5 Cams with the remote, start recordings, change settings (on the newer models) or just quickly check if they fell off ;) 

one tiny drawback is the band of the remote which is comfortable but you'll sweat under it ...

the bigger ones (AS100, AS200, AS20 and the new 4k modell) have quite a good battery life. the AZ1 mini has a smaller one but you could use it with an USB Powerpack (cause it has the usb port on the back, not on the bottom)

i used 1 stripe of velcro to hold it in place and hold it straight with a stretchy band. should try to make the bottom smaller and use 3 stripes of velcor to hold it better in place

i also included a m5 nut to screw in the above Lezyne femto backlight. 

image002.thumb.png.431dace92e912818c9f2a

image003.thumb.png.a2c35f4f6c16e9feb5168

image001.thumb.png.b00e1ed9b406e37abfbcc

PS: If someone has a 3D Scanner ... a good 3d model of the ninebot one would be really helpfull :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you! Of course you may ask! I use a Delta Printer with a hexagonal shape and a bowden extruder with planetary geared Extruder Motor, E3D Hotend 1,75mm. It is pretty fast as the mowing mass is low. Build report here, iCloud Fotostream with some printed samples here. The cost of the whole printer is about 650 Euro...but you have to build/calibrate it by yourself. I modelled some of the parts by my own to fit my needs. But I can´t recommend a delta printer for beginners as it is not easy to calibrate the x/y dimension and to make it printing flat.
 I started with 3D printing 3 years ago with a purse i3 and learned a lot. My print quality increased continuously, this is actually my second printer and I am building my third one just now with a bigger workspace of 300x300x200mm core XY machine. 

Manu

Very nice!  Do you think it would be possible to print out external shell rings?  In pieces I suppose?  Then you could build in dedicated accessory mounts right into the casing.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I made these for my gotway MCM2s. The lights need the same kind of pedals, but the lasers can fit on any machine I guess:

(And yes you can find ready made lasers for bikes and adapt then but their laser leds are not as powerful as mine ;) )

Here are the files and component details:

Pedal lights: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1218029

Lasers: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1233024

I did post these before, but may be this thread is more appropriate.

On 17.8.2015 at 10:31 AM, Fahrtwind said:

Hi,

thank you! Of course you may ask! I use a Delta Printer with a hexagonal shape and a bowden extruder with planetary geared Extruder Motor, E3D Hotend 1,75mm. It is pretty fast as the mowing mass is low. Build report here, iCloud Fotostream with some printed samples here. The cost of the whole printer is about 650 Euro...but you have to build/calibrate it by yourself. I modelled some of the parts by my own to fit my needs. But I can´t recommend a delta printer for beginners as it is not easy to calibrate the x/y dimension and to make it printing flat.
 I started with 3D printing 3 years ago with a purse i3 and learned a lot. My print quality increased continuously, this is actually my second printer and I am building my third one just now with a bigger workspace of 300x300x200mm core XY machine. 

Manu

Cool !

300 x 300 x 200 is excellent

On 17.8.2015 at 9:31 AM, Fahrtwind said:

Hi,

Manu

May I ask what model and modifications you bought and from what source?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,
I always felt that my pedals are too short for my feet, so I made some pedal covers, which will extend them by 2 cm on both ends and by 1.5 cm on the outer edge. Also they will cover the sharp edges on the metal pedals. They will fit pedals that are 17 cm long and have straight ridges (like the ones sold by microworks). The pedal cover´s grooves will lock to the ridges and keep them in place even without any adhesives.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1648337

@Fahrtwind : Would you mind sharing the stl-file for the charging port cap you made? It would be great if I could print one for myself :)

Pedal enlargements.jpgPedal 2.JPG

13565606_10154323939708921_1689952116_n.jpg

Pedal_cover.stl

Pedal 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived