Japan area

Hiroki88

Welcome to the forums @Hiroki88! I've not noticed any other EUC rider here from Japan (although I might have missed some). I'd love to visit Japan / Tokyo and even more to ride my EUC there however that's much more difficult now with almost all airlines banning them now. But who knows - maybe by the time I'll fulfil my long time dream of visiting and exploring Japan it will change. And if not I guess I can always purchase another one locally ;)

Yeah i cant see anybody riding here in japan until now. Its awesome to ride in riversides its chilling and relaxing while you ride. And 1 more thing , im buying a msuper gotway HS and im having a hard time selling my ninebot tho. No replies and views in japan buu and sell facebook pages hahaha lmao

12 minutes ago, Hiroki88 said:

im having a hard time selling my ninebot tho. No replies and views in japan buu and sell facebook pages hahaha lmao

Well - you need to show your wheel around and attract some potential customer this way :)

• 1 month later...

I am surprised that there are no Japanese EUCs for sale.  I think Honda has one that goes sideways and forward and backward, you sit on it.  They were in a music video by OK GO!  There are a lot of places in Japan that sell EUCs, just look at the Ninebot website dealer listings.

18 hours ago, Hiroki88 said:

@lizardmech cool you can speak nihonggo. But its okay. You can talk to me in english. Im having a hardtime in nihonggo as well haha

It's always funny asking my Japanese friends what an EUC is called, there's no Japanese word for it yet so no one can agree on what it is.

16 hours ago, steve454 said:

I am surprised that there are no Japanese EUCs for sale.  I think Honda has one that goes sideways and forward and backward, you sit on it.  They were in a music video by OK GO!  There are a lot of places in Japan that sell EUCs, just look at the Ninebot website dealer listings.

They aren't legal in Japan so Japanese companies can't realistically make and market them.

20 hours ago, steve454 said:

Yes you 're right,  Honda in 2009 presents this U3-X

honda new model 2012

U3X PICS 

"

A unique fusion of rider and vehicle, the U3-X makes new strides in the advancement of human mobility.

ASIMO Balance Control Technology
Technology developed from research into walking and balance for ASIMO provides the U3-X with balance and free movement in all directions, just as in human walking. Any change in the incline of the U3-X caused by a rider’s weight shift is analyzed to determine the rider's intention in terms of direction and speed. Precise control then returns the device to an upright position. The effect is smooth, agile movements and simple operation simply by shifting your weight.

Honda Omni Traction Drive System
The Honda Omni Traction Drive System is the world’s first wheel structure that enables movement in all directions. Multiple small-diameter motor-controlled wheels are connected in-line to form one large-diameter wheel. Rotating the large-diameter wheel moves the U3-X forward and backward, while rotating the small-diameter wheels moves it side-to-side. Combining these movements causes the U3-X to move diagonally.

Compact and Innovative Design
Weighing in at less than 22 pounds, the U3-X is lightweight and portable. The carbon fiber body-cover doubles as the support frame and also houses the foldable seat and foot rests when not in use."

U3X.PNG

U3X1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Archived