Ninebot one E+

newuser

So I'm looking into this EU thing and have a few questions 

the E+ anyone have one? how fast do they go like light jog fast? or heavy run ?

how do they do on hills for power compared to ISP or gotway 

What else will the Mi band be for besides just speed warnings and low battery

when will the wristband work ?? 

The app works fine. It has it quarks from time to time but overall it's great to fine tune your wheel. As for speed it can crawl and can run (up to 13mph or so). I'm pretty sure Gotway and IPS can outperform the Ninebot One E+. I don't own the other wheels but from what I read the Gotway and IPS are beasts on the hill climb and offer bigger batteries for more range. But to be fair, the Ninebot One isn't a slouch either. I haven't come across a hill my wheel couldn't handle. While I wish I had a bigger battery it's sufficient for most of my purposes and routes I take.

Good luck on your search for first wheel.

Cheers!

Does the ninebot one E+ have a odometer that tells total distance travelled on the wheel or do you have to get some sort of bike coomputer? If so what would be a good one. as I see there is not as much room to install it as there is on the gotway.

This is a screenshot from the Ninedroid (the app) iTunes-page, I've seen it with different color themes sometimes, don't know if you can set them yourself or if it's different for iOS and Android, but anyway:

screen568x568.jpeg

So as you see, there is some sort of odometer (I guess it's the total mileage of the wheel?), and another "KM"-amount displayed right to it, but I don't know how they work (I don't have a Ninebot, although I almost had one, but cancelled it just as it was about to ship... ;))

This is a screenshot from the Ninedroid (the app) iTunes-page, I've seen it with different color themes sometimes, don't know if you can set them yourself or if it's different for iOS and Android, but anyway:

screen568x568.jpeg

So as you see, there is some sort of odometer (I guess it's the total mileage of the wheel?), and another "KM"-amount displayed right to it, but I don't know how they work (I don't have a Ninebot, although I almost had one, but cancelled it just as it was about to ship... ;))

​May I ask why you cancelled ? and do you own any other wheels ? 

​May I ask why you cancelled ? and do you own any other wheels ? 

The reseller had problems getting the shipment, and it got delayed. In the mean time, I ended up buying a used 16" Firewheel, and didn't think I would have use for another 16" wheel​ with similar range and lower top speed. Nothing wrong with Ninebots, just in my particular case I didn't see the need for one anymore. My wheels are listed in my signature (14" generic and 16" Firewheel at the moment).

Can anyone confirm IPS outrunning Ninebot E+? Thought IPS tended to be a bit slower.

​I think SerpentineGX was referring to the IPS torque (which is said to be very good), meaning it climbs hills better and (maybe) accelerates faster. I think most, if not all IPSs are limited to 20km/h. so it's not faster than Ninebot One E+.

With the E model we did a track day comparing with IPS132 & a couple others Wheels. The acceleration on the 132 was better than the Ninebot, the maximum speed (with full tilt-back preventing any increase in speed) was identical at 20.5kph. A good control-board will implement tilt-back in relation to the % of reserve power, but is not instantaneous, which is why acceleration up a hill, with a heavy rider, is quite easy to cause the power to cut-out with nearly any Wheel. 

acceleration up a hill, with a heavy rider, is quite easy to cause the power to cut-out with nearly any Wheel. 

Interesting. So Jason, would you expect that this somewhat unpredictable power cut off is simply the nature of the technology? I'm trying to sort brands for safety, and this cut off is the main enemy as far as i can tell.

Maybe the answer is to just recommend models with larger batteries and encourage diligent charging habits?

So is it better to always have an internet connection even while riding (iphone 5s)  if so why?

or would it be fine to run the app on the color ipod touch with no internet?? 

as I can't find wether things require the internet or not on the app store

I know I cant play the simpsons tapped out without internet so I wouldn't put the app on my ipod otherwise I would have to connect to wireless at my house (or someone elses) and not be mobile but the app store and apple don't tell you that.  

but on the ninebot app it says  Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

its says somewhat the same on the simpons app so the wording (optimized for) makes me feel like its online only 

Here is the one from the simpsons

Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus\

anyone running this know for sure. it sure would suck to buy a ninebot then buy a ipod touch instead of the iphone 5 and waste the 250$ for it to need constant internet

I have a Ninebot E (will soon upgrade to E+) and very happy with it.  You do not need constant internet connection for the app, you only need it for updating software and checking the global ranking list (checking how your mileage compares to other Nb riders).  The odometer and speedometer seem fairly accurate, but don't know the % error.  I wonder if they will release a version of the app for smartwatches, I may then consider getting an Apple watch!

I don't know much about the Gotway, but I tried the IPS132. It's a very good wheel and lighter than the Ninebot, but in my opinion it's not as comfortable to ride, software is not as refined, it's not as agile/maneuverable and the build quality is also not as good.

IMG_8169.PNG

2000km, that some pretty respectable mileage on the 9B1 :)  

@KaleOsaurusRex, while I no fan of SW's business practices & exaggerated claims to 'inventorship', it has to be said that out of all the Wheels produced today, the Solowheel with the LifePo4 battery pack is probably the most predictable & arguably safest Wheel produced. It's practicably impossible to overpower the Wheel in acceleration, even on hills. 

Dear All,

Nice to meet you all - its my first post, I would work as one of the engineers working on developing new wheels and I have spend over a year bench marking all the possible makes of electric uni wheels.

I would like to say that Jason is 100% spot on... LiFePo4 are the safest batteries they will not set your house on fire while they can deliver the best puch of power! which is exactly what you want from a uniwheel! 

When you consider the safety you need to look at the lengths to which the manufacturers strike the balance with protecting the hardware (poor components) vs protecting the user with setting low over current limits. Cheap wheels use cheap Chinese components which can't handle the power. In my opinion Solowheel uses the best quality components on their electric circuit boards however their software is not very refined. Ninebot on the other hand has amazing software which makes you feel like you glide through the corners and turns however it uses slightly under rated components, which means that if you push it hard it will overheat or  you will get PCB failures.

But for everyday use the best wheel to use is the Ninebot because for its reliable software, I will keep the Solowheel under my desk gathering dust for now :)  

​Jesus what prices... Almost 400CAD for two pieces of metal or plastic boxes? Think those are for the 2-wheeled models only...

​Yea I was stunned also. I wish there were more canadian stores to shop for EU's and accessories 

speedy feet wants 400$ CDN for a sticker bombed shell 

$1700 Cdn for a wheel?  No wonder they aren't catching on here. $400 for a #%&**$#' rack????  And then taxes and shipping?? Canada is basically one big over regulated criminal enterprise. Sorry.  That is the way it is. In Kanada merchandisers have rarely ever heard of volume as they are willing to wait for one sale at ridiculous price instead of many sales at reasonable price.  I think I will keep my roller blades.

yea Canada is good for it. I usually buy something for 100$ and it cost 90$ shipping ...Not to mention every 1000$ you spend you pay 100$ border fee brokerage or whatever 

$1700 Cdn for a wheel?  No wonder they aren't catching on here. $400 for a #%&**$#' rack????  And then taxes and shipping?? Canada is basically one big over regulated criminal enterprise. Sorry.  That is the way it is. In Kanada merchandisers have rarely ever heard of volume as they are willing to wait for one sale at ridiculous price instead of many sales at reasonable price.  I think I will keep my roller blades.

Archived