Protective Wear Suggestions for EUC Riding

Nice picks!  That helmet is sweet in the yellow.  Protective gear can be cool so those who ride without - don't knock it until you've tried out some choice picks.  You don't see professional BMX or motocross riders wearing flip flops, shorts and a T-Shirt when they ride!   Ya gotta protect them good looks afterall.  B)

I'm always lurking around... :ph34r:

Geez I didn't realize some of these AliExpress items are a lot cheaper in China.  Watch this video and see if you can spot the jet pilot helmet I was looking at earlier.... I think it was $51 USD... Is there any way of haggling on AliEx?

9 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Is there any way of haggling on AliEx

Not to my knowledge, but you could always try to contact the seller and negotiate on the price, maybe? Also, the search-system sucks, so looking around with different search words, you can find the same stuff much cheaper. For example, when looking for some specific chip with dip-package, I usually search like (for example, LM7171 here):

lm7171 dip
lm7171 dip-8
lm7171 dip8
lm7171 pdip
lm7171 pdip8
lm7171 pdip-8

Because the search system is too stupid to match "dip" to "dip8" or "dip-8" or "pdip" ;)  It seems to look for the word only exactly as written.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....:wub:.  Any more photos with the lights on and the pedal lights?

Second photo is with the lights on,

here is more

the battery for under oedal likes has grown weak, have to replace.

24czex4.jpg

k00avt.jpg

Edited by Cloud
  • Upvote 3

I've been wondering about getting some of these ankle guards - not for pure safety though, partly for comfort while riding.

Has anyone tried anything like this / have any comments about them?

1176_products_image_1_ank.jpg&max_width=

14 hours ago, esaj said:

Damn you, Cloud, now I "have" to order EL-wire from Aliexpress... I blame you ;)   Btw, as I like to nitpick, electroluminescent wire works very differently than leds (it's actually copper wire covered with phosphorus and needs alternating current to glow). :P

Thats it, once you try it you are hooked. Any no worries about correcting me - to be corrected by an expert of your caliber is an honor!

• Upvote 1

Oooh :D sorry my bad :lol: Did I forget to tell you that I'm an "Enabler?"  Check this out (Warning - it's not cheap! AliExpress, com'on and sell this for $30!):

https://www.darkmatterprops.com/product/repulsor/

Eventually I will convert Cloud to become the rolling EUC Ironman!  Mwahahahahah!!!

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Oooh :D sorry my bad :lol: Did I forget to tell you that I'm an "Enabler?"  Check this out (Warning - it's not cheap! AliExpress, com'on and sell this for $30!):

https://www.darkmatterprops.com/product/repulsor/

That's pretty cool, but $300 for a pair? Really? :o  Maybe if it was a pair + gloves, or the entire suit, that would make some sense... :P

6 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Eventually I will convert Cloud to become the rolling EUC Ironman!  Mwahahahahah!!!

:D

About that Ironman-circuitry... I'm fairly sure all it would need is pretty much:

"TF card/MP3 decoder board with 2W power decoding module 3.7-5V mixed mono playback with memory" or similar, something like 1-1.50€
Arduino Nano or Mini Pro  1.5€?  (Maybe even something like ATTiny85 would suffice?)
8 ohm speaker  (Something like <1...5€ depending on size)
1W power led on a cooling plate  (0.40€ or thereabouts)
Some sort of switch to trigger the circuit, reed-sensor for the magnetic switch (couple of euros at most?)
Some miscellanous components (A couple of euros at most?)
Battery holder (1€?)

+ of course software, which shouldn't be that hard to do. If people pay $160 per piece / $300 per pair for these, I can start making hobbyist versions for $30 + shipping ;)

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 3

Arrghhh :angry: I received my knee and elbow protective pads from AliEx, and man they are terrible!  The padding is very thin and a couple of plastic rivets popped out just putting the knee pads on.  Talk about a waste of money.  :(  Oh well, I should have got my lazy butt out and bought something locally, but it's sooo nice to have stuff delivered.  It's like Christmas!  But Santa cheaped out on quality pads this time.  :angry:  Anyone got some better recommendations for knee pads?

• Upvote 1