gotway acm new pedal drawing

On ‎01‎-‎07‎-‎2016 at 6:34 PM, Jane Mo said:

image.png

We want it longer on the side to the wheel! Give it 4 cm more. Then You can taper or round it to the outside.

Thank You in advance.

While I don't own (or plan to) ACM but those are definitely way too small for "Western" riders. Length needs to be at least 220 mm, preferably 240 and width at least 120 mm ...

Width, and to some degree length increases should not come at the expense of not being able to make tight turns because the pedals will start scratching on the pavement. With the increase in width, the pedals may need to be raised up or angled so that the outer edge is higher

23 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Width, and to some degree length increases should not come at the expense of not being able to make tight turns because the pedals will start scratching on the pavement. With the increase in width, the pedals may need to be raised up or angled so that the outer edge is higher

Well - as long as riders shoes / feet overlaps the pedals in any direction it's pointless to keep them smaller ... For the comfortable ride minimum of soles should be "flying" in the air. Heels and sides of the soles shall be always completely supported and only toes part of the shoe is acceptable to be in the air but ball of your foot should still preferably at least partially be supported as well. 

Makes a lot of sense, but i believe its not as straightforward as it seems. The foot is on the pedal and the pedal has a thickness, say half an iinch, so the bottom of the pedal is lower than the foot would be and can still scratch even if the shoe doesn't. Also, the shoe is softer and when slightly scratching can bend upward a bit allowing the rider to stay on the wheel. I totally agree that most of the foot except the toes should be supported. All im saying the design shoukd be cohesive to make sure that the turn radius is not compromised

7 minutes ago, Cloud said:

All im saying the design shoukd be cohesive to make sure that the turn radius is not compromised

Agreed. Most of the pedals are thinner towards outside edges so that should decrease the chances of scrapping the floor during tight turns and with proper design pedal can have stronger conical / triangular cut design in the middle and thin top though still firm plate only to support majority of the sole.

On 2016/7/10 at 11:30 PM, OleTC said:

@Jane Mo

I will not buy an ACM if they stay with the mini-style pedals. It would be pretty straightforward to make pedal-size optional from 3 choices or so.

lin told me to wait about one week, but one week has passed ,still no new pedal.

On ‎12‎-‎07‎-‎2016 at 7:49 AM, Jane Mo said:

lin told me to wait about one week, but one week has passed ,still no new pedal.

Dear Jane,

You don't seem to get the message. Even the new pedal in the drawing is too small. I believe the bulk of male European use shoes in the area size 42 - 46.  My own size is 46.

So in conclusion - the pedals must be bigger to support the feet and give a comfortable ride. I'm not going to buy an ACM even with the pedals in the drawing. Sorry about that.

@Jane Mo 

Any new information from Mr. Lin about the new pedals? Any new proposed measurements / drawings? Has the message been understood, that the length on your drawing is not sufficient for "european feet"? Did you ever check whether or not the fitting for the pedals (on the holder that comes from the motor axle) from the Msuper (V2 or V3) is the same width as on the ACM? In that case you perhaps could simply use the pedals of one of these wheels, maybe with minor changes...!? Wouldn't it be a good idea for future wheels to make the fitting of the pedals (see the two red markings on the attached picture) all the same size?! That would put us users / customers into the position to easily swap / change pedals as preferred individually ... 

Please let us know the latest status of this issue, thanks 

2016-07-15_14.58.51.jpg

17 hours ago, EUC-Lover said:

@Jane Mo 

Any new information from Mr. Lin about the new pedals? Any new proposed measurements / drawings? Has the message been understood, that the length on your drawing is not sufficient for "european feet"? Did you ever check whether or not the fitting for the pedals (on the holder that comes from the motor axle) from the Msuper (V2 or V3) is the same width as on the ACM? In that case you perhaps could simply use the pedals of one of these wheels, maybe with minor changes...!? Wouldn't it be a good idea for future wheels to make the fitting of the pedals (see the two red markings on the attached picture) all the same size?! That would put us users / customers into the position to easily swap / change pedals as preferred individually ... 

Please let us know the latest status of this issue, thanks 

2016-07-15_14.58.51.jpg

i didnt post any drawing of msuper 3 and it is different from acm.

1 hour ago, Jane Mo said:

i didnt post any drawing of msuper 3 and it is different from acm.

I've never said you posted "drawing" of MSuper 3....

It's different from ACM, okay. How about my other questions? News on the new ACM pedals? 

2 hours ago, EUC-Lover said:

I've never said you posted "drawing" of MSuper 3....

It's different from ACM, okay. How about my other questions? News on the new ACM pedals? 

I think the main focus is on MSuperV3 (rel1). I've no idea how Gotway/ Kebye is organised internally with the product lines - if they've different teams or one main developer/ crew. If you don't have product managers to manage the changes/ lifecycle it could be a jumping between tasks if there's only one who's doing the job.

On 14. Juli 2016 at 10:46 PM, EUC-Lover said:

@Jane Mo What size exactly do the pedals of the new MSuper V3 have? Can't you make them fit to the ACM also? They look sufficient / big enough  (at least on the pictures you've posted) ... 

822163016204614142.jpg.fa244c496d638f8327a620706a2a41ab.jpg

@Jane Mo

why do Gotway use anti slippery and rubber on the pedal? Anti slippery is enough. I had this 3M tape for a year on my old IPS with no issues.

@Linnea Lin Gotway

@Jane Mo

Hey there, I know it's Sunday afternoon, but could you please let us know the latest status of your success in designing and finishing the new pedals for the ACM? Some of us are waiting for them and we want to place our orders...

If your message could also include the finally decided size / a new drawing of the pedals to see whether they suit our "large european feet" or not, that would be great ... 

Thanks a lot in advance! 

On 7/1/2016 at 9:34 AM, Jane Mo said:

image.png

To short, it needs to be at least 25 CM long. 19 CM will be very uncomfortable for long distances.

I think 28 CM it is the perfect length since it will be good for persons with small and large feet.

Archived