New Wheel?

fubar925

Right so i've been riding wheels for a few years.. Starting on a airwheel Q3 then ninebot C E and E+.... Been looking at getting the New P but being in the uk its been a waiting game! Now with the news that ninebot have shafted all their suppliers and the new P will not be here until next year... What the F*&K wheel should I go for and is there any where in the west midlands to test these wheels....

Can't even find any secondhand P on the net or many S2 why have ninebot done this. And what wheel would be equal to the p? 

Ta in advance

There are Gotways and Kingsongs available in the UK, both with updated designs and some of their resellers are active in this forum. Check out the brand-specific sections for more info :)

@fubar925 sorry to burst your bubble, but NinebotUS is reporting there will be no re-release of the P:

And there is no 800W wheel sporting just a ~320wH battery, because that wouldn't be safe (as is the reason why Ninebot gave up on the P).

The popular E+ upgrade seems to be the KingSong KS-16B.

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

Maybe the solowheel, the ninebots are close to the smoothness of the solowheel, rather than the "hard" riding of the gotways and kingsongs.

Wow. I have just checked the price of the Xtreme and considering it only does 10mph and the battery is only 196wh and can only do a max of 13 miles on flat smooth surface it is ridiculously expensive.

The MSuper V3 is due out soon but I would wait for others to buy and try first as the ACM has been dogged with issues. They are almost sorted with them though so maybe it could be an option. I have come from a Ninebot One E+ and the ACM is much faster and does more than twice the number of miles. :) 

Hi,

I know it's expensive, but the riders of the solowheel say they can't go with another brand, because they are the smoothest rides out there.

I think it's more for fun and quality, than endurance.

20 minutes ago, TremF said:

Wow. I have just checked the price of the Xtreme and considering it only does 10mph and the battery is only 196wh and can only do a max of 13 miles on flat smooth surface it is ridiculously expensive.

The MSuper V3 is due out soon but I would wait for others to buy and try first as the ACM has been dogged with issues. They are almost sorted with them though so maybe it could be an option. I have come from a Ninebot One E+ and the ACM is much faster and does more than twice the number of miles. :) 

Trem, I see you own both ninebot and Gotways...? send me a private message with a review if you can Ta

27 minutes ago, TremF said:

Wow. I have just checked the price of the Xtreme and considering it only does 10mph

That's actually misleading information on Inventist's website. Default max "locked" speed is 22 Km/h and if unlocked can go to about 25 - 26 Km/h. Though the range for someone up in the weight limit is about 12 Km, less with wind. Despite that it's one of the best looking wheels out there and the ride is hard to compare to any other wheel as well. It's very comfy for commuting as well as leisure rides thanks to both large pedals and design of the shell / pads and as long as the required ride distance could be covered by it it's my preferred ride from the whole "stable" :) For the 18" wheel it's very light and very easy to control.

20 minutes ago, HEC said:

That's actually misleading information on Inventist's website. Default max "locked" speed is 22 Km/h and if unlocked can go to about 25 - 26 Km/h. Though the range for someone up in the weight limit is about 12 Km, less with wind. Despite that it's one of the best looking wheels out there and the ride is hard to compare to any other wheel as well. It's very comfy for commuting as well as leisure rides thanks to both large pedals and design of the shell / pads and as long as the required ride distance could be covered by it it's my preferred ride from the whole "stable" :) For the 18" wheel it's very light and very easy to control.

Might I ask where you got your Solowheel unlocked, as Inventist refuses to perform this unlock? And where do they perform the unlock in the US?

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Might I ask where you got your Solowheel unlocked, as Inventist refuses to perform this unlock? And where do they perform the unlock in the US?

As far as I know Inventist doesn't perform the unlocks anymore :( I did not specifically requested unlocked version but as I was able at numerous times to go more than 22 Km/h (measured by accurate radar) so it might be that either the speed limit even on the locked wheels is a bit higher or I've received unlocked (or "not locked yet") version just by luck. I can't verify the max speed right now as my Xtreme is currently not working awaiting spares or repair in warranty.

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

As far as I know Inventist doesn't perform the unlocks anymore :( I did not specifically requested unlocked version but as I was able at numerous times to go more than 22 Km/h (measured by accurate radar) so it might be that either the speed limit even on the locked wheels is a bit higher or I've received unlocked (or "not locked yet") version just by luck. I can't verify the max speed right now as my Xtreme is currently not working awaiting spares or repair in warranty.

So basically, with buying a SoloWheel Xtreme in the US, there's no guarantee to be able to unlock it?

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

So basically, with buying a SoloWheel Xtreme in the US, there's no guarantee to be able to unlock it?

Yes - I'm afraid so. It really depends where and how you plan to ride it. My average "cruising" speed is around 18 - 19 Km/h and I rarely go more than 25 - 26 Km/h despite I could go up to 30 on KS16. Most of my speed "peeks" are 22 Km/h in the city rides. It's also more power efficient on the lower speed which might be also beneficial with such low capacity battery.

But as I stated the solowheel is too expensive for me anyway!! I like the ride of the ninebot but have a E+ and wanted a faster wheel with longer range ie the P but alas ninebot seem hellbent on screwing themselves so on the lookout for another wheel to ride... 

9 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

Maybe the solowheel, the ninebots are close to the smoothness of the solowheel, rather than the "hard" riding of the gotways and kingsongs.

Oh no!!! you mean Ninebot has also bought Solowheel?

Archived