Gotway Type 3

MetricUSA

What is type 3? Do you mean the high torque/mid/high speed -versions? I think at least Gimlet has the high torque -model, vee73 has the high speed model (^tom^ might have one too?) and at least recall seeing someone mentioning having the mid-version...

I have the type2 (MS) middle speed version, but very happy with it....runs regular hills better then any wheel almost at my 20km/h driving speed until gets overheated board!

(the ramp test only the Rockwheel GR12 completed 100%)

I'm not quite sure what their latest version is but, I should have the latest version of the high-speed circuit board, and it has failed. It is dangerous because the drive torque is not much at all. I can not recommend.

@vee73 I don't think you are really being fair to the M18 as you do have the high speed low torque version of the wheel and you are taking it into extreme terrain at very high speeds.

As I've written before, for that kind of terrain the high torque low speed version would be more suited, though I am aware it wouldn't be fast enough for your needs.

What you are doing is amazing, but it's a bit like taking a formula one car onto a Land Rover test track. :)

Most people who buy the high speed version will be content to stick to the smooth metalled tracks and paths that 99% of people ride on.

But it did not work at all. Not even in ordinary driving. It was a complete fiasco.

You are talking about the modified motherboard that you got for your extreme GW18 version right?

Hope you will be back riding soon Vee!

Such uphills are 18 speed and 14 "go easy. With the latest circuit board, they were forced to leading the hills. There is no hope of that, have sprung up, or that it would even get into circulation in the uphills. Any cheapo anonymous EUC would be an appropriate benchmark.
When subject to increased speed, quite ordinary uphills were threatening to rise when it did not manage to keep themselves afloat.
The usual city driving was dangerous, and off-road use could not even imagined.

I had a printed circuit board is not in any changes that would affect the torque.

I followed behind my son when he was testing the top speed on it.

He got it to the constant 4 beep per second warning and then pushed it faster but I have a feeling he tried to increase the speed too suddenly as the failure was instant and I'm fairly sure it could have gone a few kph faster if he'd increased it gently.

He was expecting the failure so he managed to stay on his feet complete with the M18 attached to his belt leash.

The yorkshire airwhells are seling gotways in Uk with good prices if someone is interested.

Have someone here bought from them already ?

They have the high tork version.

I'm the nightmare for a EU manufacturer, as I'm 100+ kg. I managed to drive a MSuper v2 (new main board) with the big battery. It was possible to drive it on a nice mixed trip. Some trails, road, long heavy up and downhill slopes. I pushed it uphill with no problem at all. I didn't drove it full speed but we cruised at 20 km/h per hour and it felt very stable. On the slopes I let the Firewheels, Ninebots (lightweight drivers, or max. 90 kg) in behind very easy - pushed it and go beside and ahead.

If you follow the torque discussions is useless to talk of stability on high speeds as torque drops down and you've not enough torque for balancing. I'm happy with 20 km/h as max. speed.

On the next trip I've to read some measures while driving with my Samsung Galaxy connected. Need first to figure out which kind of version I need to use with thith Bluetooth stuff.

our Msuper is the LS-HT version, videos coming soon (just received the safety equipment) and the MCM2s are all the latest models supporting the 4,0 app. all warrantied up and best cheapest prices for our UK customers, stay safe.

Anybody is more than welcome to come try any of our models in stock.

I ordered an Msuper from Yorkshire Airwheels today. I like the way they advertise in their site with clear and precise information and they have been very helpful.

Finaly there is a gotway Uk reseller and local support .  I Wish you good luck guys.

I am looking forward to compare the Msuper with my IPS 121.

Received the msuper yesterday and rode 2 hours with it ( only stoped because was geting dark ) . Very quick delivery and the wheel is evething i wanted and more .  Thanks for the exelent service on yorkshire airwheels. I worried that 18 in could be too big but is perfect . It feels a lot like the 121 but faster and even more stable offroad  . Definetly 18 in is the size for me.

Still had 3 lights on the battery in the end.?

I see you're using the Site knee pads from Screwfix Luiz. To be honest I don't really find the need for padding on the M18 as it's so flat and high anyway, plus it's already fairly wide.

Hi Gimlet ,  I tried without the pads but i prefer to use them because in long rides i squeeze them to take some presure of the feet. Also i got used to ride with them on the 121 and i love this pads. 

I noted that my m super LS  HT version goes till 43 km/h on the app before stoping  on the lift test in my apartment . Is this normal or  have i got the MS version instead.

this wheel is insanely fast  . I do not dare to pass 25 km/h  though . I have set the alarm to 25 km/h and the vibration to 20 km/h in the madden mode. How do you set yours if i may ask?

If you use the search term "lift test" you'll find all the info that was previously gleened on the 3 versions but this is the conclusion that John came to:

"Well there you have it.  Complete tests for all three versions (final alarm / motor cut)

Fast 39/48
Middle 32/40
Slow 29/34"

So it sounds to me like you may have the middle version.

Made several lift tests in the msuper and these are the alarm and motor cut speeds. These mesurements were from the app  so i think this is the MS version not LS HT version. Are the app mesurements  in a lift test reliable?

2 beeps at 23k/h

3 beeps at 25k/h

4 beeps at 35k/h

Motor cut 43k/h

Archived