Finally got my ACM 16 today!

On June 30, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Michael Vu said:

So I ordered my ACM back in Mid March and I now got my ACM with trolley today. Who knew a damn trolly could cause such a delay.... and the end solution isn't the best which I'll get into later.

FbWmrSF.jpg

It is very slick to look at in person. The padding is very soft and thick which is the perfect type of padding to use for our legs. The pedals are the same pedals used on the MCM4.

Being in the US, my batteries were shipped separately so I had to open up the shell to install them myself. Well like other people have mentioned, the screws used are weak..... I broke off one of the heads of a screw by accident and I'm scared to others breaking too. I'm going to go to the hardware store and look for stronger screws but it sucks that I have to do that in the first place.....

John Eucist made a post about the ACMs new 12 MOSFET design, however mine only have 6. I figured I'll get this updated design since I waited so long anyways.

Kkf5vVV.jpg

SlStVLs.jpg

Now the question is, should I be concerned with having only 6 MOFETs? I really don't want to have to wait some more if it really doesn't make that big of a difference.

The trolly is a unique design that requires screwing 8 holes directly into the shell. I noticed that the screws near the bottom get very close to touching the tire. I might have to get shorter screws to give me a peace of mind.

Lv0A2Oi.jpg

Now how about the actual performance of riding this beast? I must say it is completely phenomenal how much power this guy has. It is very smooth (just like the MCM4) and it feels like nothing to be able to cruise at 18-19 mph. I'm still hesitant to go any faster but I will test that out once I'm properly padded up. But so far so good.
What is not so good is that both my headlight and rear color LED lights went out simultaneously after riding for 15 minutes. I'm hoping maybe the connecting to the light came loose or something but I won't know until I open it back up.

But now my entire Gotway family is complete minus the unique rare gotway models.

HKTFQz4.jpg 

Im very interested to know how it compares to MSuper that you have, speed, comfort, battery/ distance. For some reason I really like to look of MSuper...

21 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

What the difference between the red and black grips? The black ones look to be exactly the same as on the MCM4 and so far they have held up.

Seems exactly the same to me.  Perhaps my black one are not the "bad ones" that you guys were describing.  That said, I have no idea why they gave me one with yinyang colors.  My other ACM are both red pedals.

17 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

That said, I have no idea why they gave me one with yinyang colors.  My other ACM are both red pedals.

Ha ha - most likely they've had two boxes of inserts with like 75 of reds and 75 of blacks so after assembling 74 wheels they've end up with one mixed pair of inserts :D And you've been the lucky one to receive the multi-coloured rare collectible version!

1 minute ago, HEC said:

Ha ha - most likely they've had two boxes of inserts with like 75 of reds and 75 of blacks so after assembling 74 wheels they've end up with one mixed pair of inserts :D And you've been the lucky one to receive the multi-coloured rare collectible version!

So professional :P /s

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

Seems exactly the same to me.  Perhaps my black one are not the "bad ones" that you guys were describing.  That said, I have no idea why they gave me one with yinyang colors.  My other ACM are both red pedals.

Are you not able to rub the rubber off with your fingers? If not, then it seems like the black ones you have are the same as the MCM4.

2 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

Are you not able to rub the rubber off with your fingers? If not, then it seems like the black ones you have are the same as the MCM4.

I was rubbing both colors.  They don't "shed" at all.

Oh man, that wiring looks absolultely horrific. I had been thinking about getting an ACM ... but after these pictures I think I'll pass.

23 hours ago, John Eucist said:

I was rubbing both colors.  They don't "shed" at all.

It might show more wear faster if you're riding. In theory the black one, if the same material as others have, will show signs of wear within very little time whereas the red one should remain perfect for months/years to come.
Usually with my Ninebot, when I set off or if my feet moved gong off curbs or over cobbles, I'd shuffle my feet into the right position and after 9 months they are still perfect.

Doing that on my ACM is making a right mess of the grips which is why I mostly mount holding a wall or fence so I can get my feet into position before setting off. I still have to shuffle the position from time to time while riding - possibly due to there being less grip :( 

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

Oh man, that wiring looks absolultely horrific. I had been thinking about getting an ACM ... but after these pictures I think I'll pass.

Well, I'm rebuilding the Firewheel for the umpteenth time, so if you want to talk about wiring hell...

ad95sVb.png

There are four eight more 16AWG coming from the other shell half + the motor cables...

2 hours ago, esaj said:

Well, I'm rebuilding the Firewheel for the umpteenth time, so if you want to talk about wiring hell...

This time I think you should install a zipper. After opening it up last week to replace the tire, I want one myself.

Archived