Car charger for Ninebot One?

Autotransfer.jetzt

4 minutes ago, esaj said:

I have one of these, it does have CC/CV (Constant current / constant voltage) -adjust, but never tried charging anything with it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lowest-Price-DC-DC-600W-DC-IN-10-60V-OUT-12-80V-Boost-Converter-Step-up/1598356893.html

Boost module 600W high power, wide voltage input: the 10V ~~ 60V, Output adjustable 12V ~~ 80V wide voltage; adjustable output current; ultra-low dropout.

Detailed parameters:

Input voltage: 10V-60V

Input Current: Maximum input current 15A

Output voltage: 12V-80V continuously adjustable

Output current: maximum output current of 10A (adjustable)

Output power: effective power P = input voltage V * 10A

Conversion efficiency: up to 95% (input voltage and current; conversion efficiency of the output voltage, current impact)

Short-circuit protection: fuse

Of course you probably need some encasing for it. On some sellers details it was also mentioned that you shouldn't use it above 400W without additional cooling (ie. fan on the heatsink or such). Also worth noting that without some load (multimeter alone isn't enough), the output voltage can raise higher than 80V, I was screwing it up and wasn't looking at the meter display all the time, when I glanced there, it was showing something like 95V and the output caps are rated for 100V max... :D

Yes. This one works good.

I have used it several times to charge the ninebot one from a 36v bicycle battery.

Does not allow to use a very low current limit, but there is not any problem about 1,5 to 2 amps. 

26 minutes ago, esaj said:

I have one of these, it does have CC/CV (Constant current / constant voltage) -adjust, but never tried charging anything with it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lowest-Price-DC-DC-600W-DC-IN-10-60V-OUT-12-80V-Boost-Converter-Step-up/1598356893.html

I have that one too but it's too big and clunky to carry around ... but specs are well in needed limits.

2 hours ago, Rotator said:

This converter is 65v out min, which is a bit high for ninebot one.

Ninebot One requires 63v max ( and when discharged, it will need go lower than 60v to limit the current).

It can be actually set to less than 65V plus it's combined CC / CV power supply so if the battery is much lower than max voltage it will run in CC mode anyway with lower output voltage as any other regular CC/CV charge will. I can measure for your the exact minimum voltage under no load to which it could be set once I get home.

• 2 months later...

Archived