Shipping to Hawaii?

Mark13

Hello, so i've been looking online for an EUC to purchase and sadly everyone is telling me that they are unable to ship to Hawaii due to Batteries not being accepted on airlines? Is there a way to have the EUC shipped without worrying about this battery issue? And if possible, are there any sellers who live in Hawaii that are selling an EUC? I really want one! Also, I apologize if i am posting in the wrong section. Any help is much appreciated!!

http://www.segwaymaui.com/product/ninebot-one-e-electric-one-wheel-self-balancing-unicycle-scooter/

Maybe ask @Keola Pirata ?

I think http://lofhawaii.com also sells some, only the dual wheeled version.  Doesn't hurt to ask if they have any single wheeled EUCs.

If you luck out you owe me some Leonard's malasadas.  ;)

:(  No malasadas for me then I guess.  Have you tried contacting Runrui at IPS (email in the thread below) directly to see if they can ship them through slow boat (container ship) to Hawaii?  Here's a very good review of the IPS Zero.  One option might be a Ninebot S2 if you're looking at a 14" wheel, but I don't know what the pricing is like.  I hear the Zero is half the price of a NB P?  Any particular reason why you prefer the Zero?

5 minutes ago, Mark13 said:

I found the price to be much more affordable. And it looks sweet :)

Our consignment of Inmotion V5F/+ just cleared Customs, it's visually akin to the Zero but has a lot of additional refinements. 
Shipping to Hawaii with Fedex ground is under $100. 

That is pretty cheap to ship something that size to Hawaii I would imagine.  I guess that would be by container ship right?  @HunkaHunkaBurningLoveWhoa! Just saw your post about the V5F and it does surely look like a Ninebot killer as @Jason McNeil says on his website.  For just 45 dollars than I paid for my NB1E+ I could have had that?  Dang, it looks better than the Ninebot in visuals and performance.  It looks like competition is driving innovation just like in the automobile market.  I am happy with my Ninebot, it seems a very good quality wheel, but it is nice to know that improvements are coming from other manufacturers.  If I ever decide to get a new wheel it will probably be that one.

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

I guess that would be by container ship right?

Fedex is quoting 6 days from Miami, don't see how this is possible for anything by airfreight, right?

We're going to offer two versions, the V5F and the V5F+—the plus has the 460Wh battery pack & costs around $995, while the regular V5F will be $150 cheaper at $850.  

@steve454 No kidding hey?  V5F+ has the 460 Wh battery, goes 18.6 MPH, 30 mile range, is lighter than the NB1E+, has an optional trolley handle but I think the Inmotion has a 14" tire?

It might compete more against the Ninebot S2?  It's a little difficult to compare a 16" wheel vs a 14" as they do feel a bit different and have slightly different road handling I find at least.  I'm much more confident on my NB1E+ over bumps while I would crash on my 14" over the same irregular surfaces.  It could all be psychological though, but maybe the extra weight and larger tire of the NB1E+ helps going over obstacles easier for me at least.

Regarding FedEx I wonder if they are more relaxed for shipments between US to US destinations and move it by FedEx Cargo as long as the paperwork and certifications are all okay?

It would be more nimble, but for riding rough ground I wonder?  I started on a 132wh 14" generic,  I still think a 14 with power and other improvements would be great.  I think EUC Extreme started on a 14 Gotway and I wish my generic had more power.  But now I know, you get what you pay for.  And those masaladas look loaded with sugar @HunkaHunkaBurningLove

59 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Have you seen Jason's review of the V5F+?  It looks sweet... :wub:  Pricing though is more comparable to the NB1E+ through Segway Maui before shipping costs. 

www.ewheels.com

So, you are saying Segway Maui can get you an Inmotion?

I am thinking it is the Ninebot racing developement division.:D  And I love loaded donuts.  But only once in a while;)

I think if my reading is correct that someone mentioned that they could buy two of the IPS Zero's for the price of one Ninebot One P.  So guessing if the P is about $1200, that might put the Zero at about $600.  Checking AliExpress, pricing looks close to $600 USD including shipping for the 340 wh version.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ips-zero130-zero260-zero340-electric-unicycle-scooter/32641785535.html

I'm guessing Mark13's price point was somewhere around $600 versus the $990 for the Ninebot from Segway of Maui.  The V5F+ is $995 from Ewheels plus $100 shipping so I don't know if it's still in his budget?

All those photos of malasadas is aggravating my ADHD.  :lol:  Time for an Elvis song:

37 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

If the goods are sent from within the US, there are different restrictions. We've sent over a hundred Wheels using Fedex ground—a few to Hawaii as well—so far without incident. 

Alrighty, so im most likely going to be ordering a V5F+ Black Version next week tuesday/wednesday. Should i order from the ewheels.com website?

i am afraid they will be sold out by then :( if possible, are you able to hold one for me til wednesday of next week? if not, i am happy to wait til you will be in stock again.

@Jason McNeil how much is the optional trolley handle?  Did you find it helpful or is it not really needed due to the lighter weight of the V5F+ as compared to the hefty Ninebot One E+?  Does it function quite well attached to the built in handle?  Does it lock in both positions?  With it attached is it harder to carry the V5F+ with it in the way of the main handle?  (Don't mind me - I'm just working hard for my malasadas ;) )

Archived