Screw heads snapping off on ACM 16 side panel...

36 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

There are a few reasons I can think of to do it this way, like they don't need to figure out how to do a captured nut or backing plate on the inside. And, in the case of an accident the weakest point is probably the screws and they'll tear out, preventing further damage to the case or the handle maybe? Of course, once those holes are stripped out it would be hard to re-attach the handle. :( Backing up the attachment using double-sticky foam tape would help a lot, if you never plan on removing the handle. The foam tape alone could probably keep it attached!

I think you've possibly gotten confused as to which thread you are responding on? This isn't the trolley handle this is the problem with the screw heads snapping off the side panels screws for the ACM.

4 hours ago, TremF said:

I think you've possibly gotten confused as to which thread you are responding on? This isn't the trolley handle this is the problem with the screw heads snapping off the side panels screws for the ACM.

Yep, I'll hide the post to keep the discussion from going further off track!

5 hours ago, TremF said:

I think the problem is the same: According to requirements define the right connection.

The trolley bar may be need some kind of plastic clips used in automotive business to hold a bumper. This must be disconnected at higher forces to not destroy the shell. http://de.aliexpress.com/item/front-fender-skirt-push-type-retainer-clip-for-prelude-90683-SA5-003/1930470792.html?spm=2114.47010308.4.2.uAwqs4

The side covers/ panels need an other fixation if there's a need to open it for more than 1 time. There need to be some kind of anchor to srew in the fixation for the panel/ side covers.

The EUCs will see a reinvention over the next two years.

Archived