Benefit of Ninebot One over the Ninebot Mini?

Dannyar

Hello, Ive recently received a ninebot mini that was bricked after the 1.2.8 update and has to be returned back to the seller. During this process I started looking into the NB1 instead and im trying to convince myself of the advantages of one over the other. Right not the biggest disadvantage I can come up with the NB1 is the inability to stop and rest idle with it like you could with a 2 wheel one. Falling and keeping balance would be my other fear. Aside from the typical speed and battery size are there any other things that could sway my decisions one way or the other?

I have just upgraded from the NB1 to a Gotway ACM.

I rode the NB1 for around 8-9 months and it went everywhere I wanted it to. I rode on gravel, cobbles, grass, dirt tracks and the usual pavements and roads.

I commuted to and from work either by the direct 2.1 miles or the longer 5.5 miles routes and never had to get off. I also used it for trips to the shop, visiting friends/family or just riding around.

The bigger single wheel makes it easier to travel in more places you can't take a Mini also it's easier to control when you get used to it. Lumps and bumps can make the Mini awkward to keep control of but won't be an issue with an EUC like the NB1. Also the NB1 is faster and can travel further than the Mini.

Its harder to learn, easier to carry/"handle" around, one can drive it almost anywhere, its faster and one falls harder.

And most that started with it cant't stop driving them anymore ?

Even some with nasty accidents upgraded to the next more powerful model...

and it's illegal at most of the places....

... Sounds like one shouldn't do it or just stop thinking and start having fun...

1 hour ago, TremF said:

I have just upgraded from the NB1 to a Gotway ACM.

I rode the NB1 for around 8-9 months and it went everywhere I wanted it to. I rode on gravel, cobbles, grass, dirt tracks and the usual pavements and roads.

I commuted to and from work either by the direct 2.1 miles or the longer 5.5 miles routes and never had to get off. I also used it for trips to the shop, visiting friends/family or just riding around.

The bigger single wheel makes it easier to travel in more places you can't take a Mini also it's easier to control when you get used to it. Lumps and bumps can make the Mini awkward to keep control of but won't be an issue with an EUC like the NB1. Also the NB1 is faster and can travel further than the Mini.

EXACTLY - very good summary !   Bigger wheel makes the difference!   TremF - can You also share the opinion about Gotway vs Ninebot ?  I have made over 1300 km on my  E+  since January, and it is really great. ..

7 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

EXACTLY - very good summary !   Bigger wheel makes the difference!   TremF - can You also share the opinion about Gotway vs Ninebot ?  I have made over 1300 km on my  E+  since January, and it is really great. ..

For me the NB1 very quickly became insufficient. I got around 11 miles to a charge (lots of different terrain and hills at almost top speed) but it wasn't far enough or fast enough, especially on long, fairly flat parts of the canal.

Initially the ACM felt quite a soft ride and less responsive than my NB1 BUT.... Now I am used to it I could never go back. I prefer the black casing of the ACM. The rear LED's are adequate for me. When moving they are rolling and colour changing, as you brake they are red and when stopped they show the battery level! The big light rings on the NB1 weren't really to my liking. I liked that you could turn off the lighting effect and just use them as a battery level but 2 big light rings to show battery level? OTT for me.

The ACM has a nice smooth acceleration and if you lean into it it accelerates quite quickly and although not as instantly responsive as the NB1 this makes for a better ride at higher speeds! I now cruise along as fast as the NB1 could travel but it feels smoother and safer knowing there is plenty of power in reserve. When I have pushed the ACM speed the fastest I have gone was 19.5mph (31kmh) but as this was along a canal the ground wasn't smooth enough that I felt I wanted to go faster BUT at this speed I still have plenty of power and more speed in reserves!

So far the ACM gets me 25 miles or so from 100% to 20% but that's mostly at 15mph+, lots of mixed terrain - gravel, cobbles, dirt tracks, uneven pavements, roads and hills. I have a Charge Doctor coming so may be able to get more from my battery soon plus once the novelty wears off a little I may slow down a bit. Cruising at around 10 mph is very smooth and comfortable. 

I haven't used it yet but the ACM has a built in USB port in the front. This could be used for charging your phone, plugging in a USB light or fan or various other uses.

Thanks for he advice. After much thought I think im going to go with a replacement ninebot mini. I think the 2 wheel option suits my needs more. It's more recreational and easier to use as well as something that my kids can also use. I don't plan on using it for a daily commute so long mileage isn't really a need. Thank for your suggestions 

The Mini is a good choice.  You may find in the future that you want one of each.  That's what I'd prefer (One E+ can be bought NEW for around $500 currently).  I ride a NineBot One E+ now, but have ridden two wheelers also.  The Two Wheeler has it's place and is SUPER simple to ride.  Like you say, anyone can jump on it and ride in about 5 mins, even the elderly.  The Mini has the benefit of the bar for control over the generic hoverboards.  It's WAY more stable at higher speeds than generics.  It also handles small bumps much better than the non-bar versions.  Of course, the ONE does handle bumps and terrain better, but the Mini won't be too limiting.

I will say, there are times that nothing can compare to the NineBot or GotWay, etc...  For long cruises, or sport riding, etc, it's amazing!  Best investment for me in many years.

On ‎27‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 11:20 PM, Dannyar said:

Thanks for he advice. After much thought I think im going to go with a replacement ninebot mini. I think the 2 wheel option suits my needs more. It's more recreational and easier to use as well as something that my kids can also use. I don't plan on using it for a daily commute so long mileage isn't really a need. Thank for your suggestions 

I started my "last mile device" journey with a ninebot mini pro...and i have to say i was soooooo excited to get one...and after just 3 day soooo bored of driving it...max 18kmh...can't do much curves or hills....hmmh

So i looked for something Little faster and "more moveable" and got into the one wheel's....and after about 4 months now i am still excited about them :-)

KS14 was my first device, i got a KS 16 also now and still want to try all devices i see....

a one wheel = EUC is so much more exciting and overwhelming than a 2 wheeler like the mini or a hoverboard, i can only advice you to give it a try.....

After about 30minutes to 3 hours you are able to drive and then the fun starts...i really can find no words  for how big the difference is!

3 hours ago, electricunicyclelady said:

@Dannyar If you think a 2-wheeled machine would be best for you, there are options other than the Ninebot Mini.  Ninebot also makes a comfort model (Ninebot-C), which also has two wheels. I found it here: http://www.ninebotus.com/ninebot-c-1/

I figured I'd throw in another 2-wheeled option for you.

I hope this helped.

Woof, way to expensive. At that price I could get the nintebot elite which is even bigger. im not looking to spend more than 500-700.

3 hours ago, electricunicyclelady said:

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

I started my "last mile device" journey with a ninebot mini pro...and i have to say i was soooooo excited to get one...and after just 3 day soooo bored of driving it...max 18kmh...can't do much curves or hills....hmmh

So i looked for something Little faster and "more moveable" and got into the one wheel's....and after about 4 months now i am still excited about them :-)

KS14 was my first device, i got a KS 16 also now and still want to try all devices i see....

a one wheel = EUC is so much more exciting and overwhelming than a 2 wheeler like the mini or a hoverboard, i can only advice you to give it a try.....

After about 30minutes to 3 hours you are able to drive and then the fun starts...i really can find no words  for how big the difference is!

That sounds great and all , but its really not my case of use. Im not planning on going touring with this thing. Its a way to commute 1 block to my in laws house a few times a week, something to take to the park with my daughter and let her ride as well. Shes only 10 so im not trying to teach her how to ride a unicycle. You seem to be more of a savant for these unicycles and they are you're vice. That's great, but its not really my intention for it is. Its recreational and would like for it to be simple to pick up and ride for either myself, wife or daughter and be able to roll it around and park it when I get somewhere and not have to carry and lug around a 30 pound wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

@Dannyar I know you're not looking to spend too much but I wanted to share some information I just found out.  You mentioned that at the price of the Ninebot-C you may as well get the Ninebot Elite, which is even bigger.  In your original post you mentioned your interest in the Ninebot Mini.  Well, you can buy an accessory for the Ninebot Elite (Ninebot Hands Free Lever) which allows you to replace the handle to a hands free lever, just like the Ninebot mini.  That way you get the best of both worlds--the Elite handle and the hands free lever. 

For what it's worth, I bought the Mini Pro on Amazon Prime Day. $699 with free shipping.  Now my wife will ride with me.

It's a fantastic riding machine.  Very stable and plenty of speed for this type of vehicle.  I still prefer to ride my NineBot One E+, but the Mini Pro can be ridden by anyone.  Having ridden One Wheel for so long, this now feels almost boring, but still better than walking.  It cannot handle all the terrain the E+ can, but it does MUCH better than the older 10" Hoverboard that I used to ride.  This is in part due to the steering bar, and also the software that compensates for bumps and twists in the path.  It truly is amazing technology inside this Two Wheeler.

Also, the distance you can travel on a single charge is almost the same as the E+, 12-15 miles.  Top comfortable speed is around 9.5mph.  You can go faster, but it's like hitting the speed limiter on the E+.  Not fun up there.

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Good know about the mileage, for that price. The actual Segway gives around 19 miles but many times expensive. How does it feel to control with half handle bar? Weird or intuitive?

like Super Sport said: everone cam ride this one!

i needed about 5 minutes to get comfortable....and as i needed 3 hours for the first meters with the EUC...I am not so sporty or fit...

but mini pro is easy....and much much more stable than any hoverboard...just because its a platform and does not have a moving part in the middle like the hoverboards...

for steering you just lean your body left/ right and automatically your knee push the right direction...its very easy..to easy for me, so that after 3 days it gets boring because i was missing some "dynamics"...curves on higher speed do not feel natural gliding like on a EUC....

but everyone likes different...qualitywise i was stunned!

Archived