Anyone have an 820wh ACM and charge doctor?

3 hours ago, Kevin Grandon said:

Nice! If you just plug it in it will show you the amount that it's charging. You can also limit the maximum charge if you want, but that's not the default so you should be good to use it as-is.

I believe you can reset the amount charged by holding the button down for 2s: http://hobby16.neowp.fr/charge-doctor-features/

thats about version 1.....

better ask hobby16 how to set it ....

or shortly:

plug it just into charger....press the button a lomg time until you see a 0.00 blinking...or a 1.00 blinking

when you plug it in the Acm by 0.00 blinking it does a full charge

when you plug it in the acm by 1.00 blinking it will stop when it goes down to 1 amp......

you can set this 1.00 amp stop to other amperages but that you have to ask hobby16

Cheers for the help/advice all.

I turned on the auto shut off but I wasn't around when the charge finished. When I got to it the CDv2 showed "Off" but when I check the battery with the Gotway app it shows 100% and that's after travelling 2.1 miles to work?

I need to try and run the battery down as much as possible so I can see how much is being charged. Yesterday it was 40% when I put it on charge but I didn't want to run short today depending on my range.

like i said the normally installed auto-shutoff is by 1 amp.

after which batterie you have and how much your charger delivered(one with 2 amp or 2 with 2 amp=4amp) an autoshutoff off 1 amp can mean an load from 85-97%.....

you have to adjust the autoshutoff ....but sorry here hobby16 has to help....

Pretty sure my Charge Doctor came with the auto shutoff set to Auto-1A by default. All of the functionality is controlled by the button on the bottom of the unit, you use a combination of short clicks and long presses on the button to change things. Here are the instructions (assuming you have the V2, not sure if the V1 is different): http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/06/charge-doctor-v2-10a-3/

@TremF + @KingSong69 

1 hour ago, dmethvin said:

Pretty sure my Charge Doctor came with the auto shutoff set to Auto-1A by default. All of the functionality is controlled by the button on the bottom of the unit, you use a combination of short clicks and long presses on the button to change things. Here are the instructions (assuming you have the V2, not sure if the V1 is different): http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/06/charge-doctor-v2-10a-3/

Yes - by default it's set to cut off at 1.0A charging current. If you've already received the version 2.03 (you can see version number in second line after powering) you can now also use voltage to cut the charging instead which is better IMO / easier as it's independent of the battery capacity and age. I've set mine to 66.4V at the moment (=4.15V per cell).

I haven't run my ACM down enough yet to see what a full charge is but I used a second charger for a quick charge last Friday and it was definitely quick compared to just using one which seems to take forever. 

I don't plan on quick charging too often and now and again I will do a full charge to 100% and discharge as low as possible but mostly will be 1 charger through CDv2 with auto shutdown. 

Archived