Moto Pogo one wheel scooter(?) cheaper than Solowheel Xtreme

Planetpapi

This is a new entrant in the "seat and handle" category of the EUCs. At $1790  a bit cheaper than Solowheel Xtreme. What do you guys think of it? Specs impressive? For me I will stick to Ninebots or Firewheels/Gotways. Here is the URL.

http://www.gizmag.com/moto-pogo-one-wheeled-self-balancing-scooter/38090/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3a71895c63-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-3a71895c63-91117289

A 60-volt 10-amp lithium battery powers the scooter's 500-watt brushless hub motor, which manages a top speed of 25 km/h (16 mph). Charging that battery takes three to five hours, with one charge being good for about 30 km (19 miles) of use.

The Moto Pogo weighs 29 kg (64 lb) and can carry a maximum payload of 330 lb (150 kg).

600Wh battery with 500W motor, 25km/h top speed, 30km range, 29kg weight... no mention of wheel size, 20" or so? Basically you can get 14" Gotway that has same specs, except less than half the weight and about half price. Riding sitting down might be more comfortable, though I'd be scared of faceplanting with that thing more than with "normal" EUC (your chest or groin is bound to hit the handle bar). Might be interested in the Moto Pogo, if it had longer range, but at least for now I'll stick with the stand-up models  ;)

Ryno apparently has shock absorption, although it isn't available yet either, and probably costs twice as much(?), it also is said to have lower top speed (about 10mph/16kmh) and range (15 miles/24 kilometers), didn't find any more detailed specs.

This would be a nice transporter if I lived on a small island in the tropics. As of now I would have a hard time getting it on the train. Also, I doubt the police would leave you alone if you happened to be cruising on the sidewalk. 

• 4 months later...

Hey that's a pretty good video of this - I've seen the other videos where only one guy is shown riding and the "models" are just sitting on it (laughing? their heads off - not good).

Unfortunately for Ryno this beats them.  A Ryno is in the $5,000 range when it was priced a long time ago - I can't find any pricing now.  Also the Ryno specs was comparable to the early Solowheel which is around 10mph with 6-10 mile range.  At that time Ryno was using lead acid batteries.  Ryno has handle bars that twist left and right but I think it really just works like our hands-free wheel and in demonstrations he is shown standing up to be able to maneuver well at all (and at pretty low speeds).

Anyway this one is actually available online from a few sellers and less than half the price of Ryno and has potential for higher speed and longer range even though its current specs is only 500w motor.  Wouldn't a King Song 14" just blow by this on the road much faster with more power and much longer range?  But still this one is available to buy for those who want the handle bars - and this is a pretty good video.  It doesn't look as good a Ryno though which has more of a motorcycle look.

I think our hands free single wheel is more elegant.

@Colestien ...whoah, I spoke too soon (shock-desu) I just saw the Ryno for sale - it seems like that guys dream who designed it comes true!

Okay so I am looking, shopping for cheap dual-tire wheels for a project and not finding any but the next generation of wheels assaults me!  This Motopogo on this topic the "claimed 17 size" I found for less than $900 but the Ryno is for around $2,000 - in 3 different versions - and there are photos of 4, 6, 7 of them in line ready to ship - they actually made the Ryno!  Let me insert a shock emoticon right about here :o

They've gone lithium (how nice of them), 4.4AH, 6AH, 12AH - better motor spec 800w, 1000w - 60V system hooray - that biggest battery approaches 80km range - top speed below 20mph(?) mentioned at 30km/h so this makes it like an NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle typically max at 20mph?)  You want - dude, I want one!  :lol:

The seller seems to be Gotta Occupy and for the highest spec it only costs a little more than the mid-spec, for around $2,588 to US you get that almost-20mph speed, 1000w motor with 40+ mile range, and yes it looks cooler than this one on this topic which we seem to have hijacked.

Who gets the first one?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2015, 5:48:27, Colestien said:

So Post a link already!!!:wub:

Ryno on Taobao - okay, I don't claim to know how to order from here - but it looks kinda legit to me.  This seller has a few other interesting items.

http://world.taobao.com/item/43935576920.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w5003-12159182296.3.pYYQOS&scene=taobao_shop

There are other sources, other videos - which leads me to believe Ryno does exist to purchase!  Awesome photos on this page!  (I mean the 'real' photos)

On this page there seems to be three different options - some specs readable:

GO-M1 / 60v 800w / 4.4AH battery / max 25km range
GO-M2 / 60v 1000w / 6AH battery / max 40km range
GO-M3 / 60v 1000w / 12AH battery / max 80km range

My battery translation ability might not be so good but those battery choices seem like  264Wh 360Wh and 720Wh  (Did I get this right?  Am I close?)

Thanks  I'll check it out.  I'm semi retired.  I'm at the steady money stage.  Not a lot but steady.  So I have to shop and re-shop to buy new toys.  Thanks for the lead.

Afraid I don't remember how to convert batteries to something I understand, most of the time if I'm interested I just ask for clarification.

19 hours ago, castShadow said:

My battery translation ability might not be so good but those battery choices seem like  264Wh 360Wh and 720Wh  (Did I get this right?  Am I close?)

Should be right, it's just voltage times the amp hours. 60V * 4.4Ah = 264VAh = 264Wh, 60V * 6Ah = 360Wh etc.

The old "trick" for checking equations for correctness is looking at the units. So as to why VAh suddenly becomes Wh, (I can't write any formal proof for this, but) as P = U * I (power equals voltage times current), the units are then W = V * A, so watts equals volts times amperes. Since the battery capacity is declared as amp hours (Ah), you get V * A * h = volts times amperes times hours (the multiplication signs are often left off from equations and units, like P = UI or W = VA, so you could say "volt ampere hours"). Since volts times amperes equals watts, substituting watts in places of volt amperes, the final unit is watts times hours = watt hours (Wh). It's not a fool proof method (you could possibly get correct units out from otherwise wrong equation too), but if you don't get the correct units out of it, you can be sure it's not right ;)

23 hours ago, Colestien said:

Thanks  I'll check it out.  I'm semi retired.  I at the steady money stage.  Not a lot but steady.  So I have to shop and reshop to buy new toys.  Thanks for the lead.

So it is you!  You must be the one to have the Ryno ...  You could be doing your errands sitting on a self balancing mech.  The envy of onlookers trapped using common legs to get around.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw one of these things for sale on Gear Best for 899 and free shipping.  Hmmm I'm tempted...

http://www.gearbest.com/scooters-and-wheels/pp_264770.htm

No English reviews on these yet but I found one on a french message board.  The guy's got videos him riding it too.

http://trottinetteselectriques.heberg-forum.fr/ftopic1288_forthgoer.html

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

i just bought a moto pogo for $85 on the wish app will be getting it soon. i will be posting a full review and lots of pics. i got so lucky :D.

Awesome, congrats. Ive been eyeballing that scooter for a few weeks now myself,  but i am sure the battery would run out after 8 -10km under my weight! Will have to wait when they supply a bigger battery! 

There is an app called wish were you buy from china directly. They had a special sale on this thing its called the forthgoer. moto pogo is a nockoff of it or a re-branding. the full price for it is $4450 they marked it down to $85 for three minutes so i acted fast and got it by luck. it was sold out after two minutes i wanted to get two. the max weight for these things are 350lb. It has samsung battery-pack 35 miles distance 90 min charge time.Full aluminum frame duel led headlights tail lights.no storage but a mod should fix that and plenty of room to add a custom pack.  go on the wish app or wish.com they have euc's and other one wheel devices. you might get a deal just as good. good luck @Colestien

s-l1000.jpg

53f6.jpg

103738337347.jpg

Wow $85?!  I have a feeling you're not going to get it or you'll get something you didn't expect.  If by luck you really did get one for $85 I'm downloading that app!  Be sure to give a good review of it if you get it.. You'll be the first on here.

4 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

lol i thought that too. But its a trustworthy site ordered a lot of items from them. I'm hoping this is a good device that the range and batteries paks are as advertised if not will sell it lol.

:P

I downloaded the app and looked around. They have a couple of two wheeled scooters at a low cost, some sold out. The price looks too good to be true? But when i read people's reviews, they are saying basically none of them received the package, or that it was sent to a different state. Maybe some companies there are better than others. I hope your purchase will work out fine, but anyone who buys there shoukd probably be careful and read the reviews.

Archived