Ninebot mini keeps flashing red led and beeping. Won't pair.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Jojo33A said:

yes

another member have try with apk v3.2.2 it worked fine

Not true. Ive tried with the 3.2.2 apk and it does not fix it. The app itself will have no way of fixing a corrupted CPU or control board caused by the firmware update. I understand youre trying to help but please don't jump to conclusions about theories that are not possible.

1 minute ago, Jojo33A said:

i dont talk about your problem, i talk generally for downgrade success need to use a previous apk version it's all

That's not what this thread is about. This is for the people who are having the flashing red light problem that I started. You are confusing people telling them that certain APK fix the problem which it doesn't. If you are trying to help people downgrade then go post it in the thread about Downgrading Firmware.

3 minutes ago, Jojo33A said:

YES YOU HAVE RIGHT IM SORRY IM APOLOGIZED PLEASE FORGIVE ME IM REALLY STUPID  I WILL ERASE ALL I DONT TOUCH MORE YOUR TOPIC , 

Don't have to apologize, just post in the correct thread to not confuse people.

I tried v3.6.1 doesn't help at all. The only way out is to approach your reseller and ask them to resolve the issue for you.

Inverting ninebot or installing old apk doesn't help.

I believe the controller board itself has been screwed up by the update. If Ninebot has any decency, they should do the right thing by recalling all these affected units.

It is only right since they had release a faulty patch to the unknowing public. 

1 hour ago, Dannyar said:

That's not what this thread is about. This is for the people who are having the flashing red light problem that I started. You are confusing people telling them that certain APK fix the problem which it doesn't. If you are trying to help people downgrade then go post it in the thread about Downgrading Firmware.

I think that update is probably only for those who haven't update the previous firmware. I will try it, but I really don't think it will fix the problem if you already encountered one.

I have a feeling that 1.2.8 update file might be broken while updating. but the software did not check sum before updating. so the incompleted firmware flashed into the rom and lead to errors while CPU running. therefore the problem might be solved if we can burn a new firmware into the rom. currently, the Bluetooth connection can not be maintained. it could be a good idea to repair it by directly mirror a normal rom firmware into the impaired rom

6 hours ago, leoncoolmoon said:

I Emailed Joe. the answer is ugly. USD80 for control board and USD60 for shipping:o WTF because their faulty patches, we have to pay the price?! 

That's impossible. Don't you have warranty on the device ?

It is clearly Ninebot's fault, because they bricked the device by offering a faulty App, which screws the firmware during the update process. This is meanwhile even mentioned in their releasenotes.

In Austria that would be definitely not possible, the reseller would either need to repair the device for free, or take it back and give the money back.

First the problems with the Firmware 1.2.7 and 1.2.8, which are still not solved officially, then an App which bricks the device during Firmware upgrade, and now people should pay for getting their bricked device repaired.

I'm more and more convinced that Ninebot is not a reliable company, and think about selling my Mini again on ebay.

I tried riding a Kingsong KS16 unicycle, maybe I'll buy one instead of the Ninebot Mini.

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

That's impossible. Don't you have warranty on the device ?

It is clearly Ninebot's fault, because they bricked the device by offering a faulty App, which screws the firmware during the update process. This is meanwhile even mentioned in their releasenotes.

In Austria that would be definitely not possible, the reseller would either need to repair the device for free, or take it back and give the money back.

First the problems with the Firmware 1.2.7 and 1.2.8, which are still not solved officially, then an App which bricks the device during Firmware upgrade, and now people should pay for getting their bricked device repaired.

I'm more and more convinced that Ninebot is not a reliable company, and think about selling my Mini again on ebay.

I tried riding a Kingsong KS16 unicycle, maybe I'll buy one instead of the Ninebot Mini.

he said my ninebot mini is not a pro version. so it can only be sold and serviced in China.

Ok latest update, I managed to downgrade to v1.1.7 successfully. However the speed limit of 4km/hr still applies. My total mileage is around 2km+ presently. 

Under the speed limit setting, there is option to set 5,6,7,8,9,10 km/h. But I cannot select yet.

How much distance do I need to clock before I can reach 5km/hr, 6km/hr and to 10km/hr ? Is there any information to tell us how many distance to clock before I can unlock 5km/hr ? 

On 2 July 2016 at 1:35 PM, Zhou Qingshun said:

My seller had replaced the controller board and now it is able to start up. However, the speed limit of 4km/hr is turned on. I have already clocked more than 2km and the speed limit wouldn't turn off. Now the ride is very slow. Any idea ?

what version of mini do you have ?

hello,

my ninebot mini just stopped working...(only battery icon is blinking) it's impossible to turn it on...when I try to turn it on...there is nothing... all what happens is that front led light blinks couple of times and if I hold turn on button (longer time) the rear left light start to blink green!

what can I do...that's souldnt have happend because I am using ninebot just for couple of days...
please write me some solution how can I reset my ninebot mini, because I can't connect

• 3 weeks later...

finally, I fixed this problem by replaced control board. I found it is possible to maintain the Bluetooth connection and flash the firmware even when CPU error occurred. U just need to supply +5v(I use arduino to supply 5v , shared GND and with the main battery plugged in) Only trouble is the firmware update will not fix the CPU error. also after update official 1.3.1 the old version apk  can not lock and update anymore.

On 6/26/2016 at 0:47 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

This is definitely Ninebot's fault, because in no way it should be possible that if there is some problem during firmware-upgrade, that this renders the device unusable, there must be always some functioning backup-firmware, or at least a bootcode, which allows you to connect via Bluetooth again and retry the firmware upgrade.

Yes, it sucks that there is even a remote chance of bricking your unit during a firmware upgrade.

I wonder if any Mini Pro users have experienced this same firmware upgrade failure.  Yes it's the same firmware but there are a lot of new Mini Pro users so a lot of them have recently upgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.3.1.

Archived